What's new

Is Bangladesh going for JF-17?

Well to me, pakistan is closer to china than bd. Why would china want to risk that relationship just to sell a few planes to bd?

I think in the present situation, ANY sale is good for both the nations, especially Pakistan. Currently, to capture market segment CAC and PAC will go to any extent to promote jets. Let's see; FC-1 has come to perform in many air shows. It has actively been promoted by Pakistani air force personnel in Paris.

So it doesn't matter which country buys it right now, as long as there is money exchange. Whether it is BD, Burma, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Iran, Azerbaijan, Albania or North Korea, I don't think Chinese will mind the sales as long as it generates good revenues for them.

A solid sale of say, 60 FC-1s to Bangladesh with another 40 as options (to replace the aging BAF jets) would really boost China's image.

Migs are costly to maintain and fly. our air force ordered 16 of them at first but they cancelled the order after reciving 8, due to their high cost of upkeep. Sukhoi will be a much better alternative. I personaly prefer su 27 and su 30

Mate, Su-30 of MK series are even more expensive to maintain and operate since they are long range fighters capable of going mroe than 5,000 Km without refueling. Don't think you'd need such an expensive jet if you think MiG-29s are expensive.

But sooner or later surely we will buy FC-1!

Is it possible to transfer technology like Egypt??

I think TOT is usually done when there is a large order placed. Personally speaking I think it depends on how many jets BD will order. Considering JF-17's base price is around $15 million, I think 50-60 can easily be ordered by BAF. It is a good option considering that Burmese air force has a Russian weapon system much more newer (with latest MiG-29 SMT variants) upgraded version. FC-1 would be a surprise option.

There were reports years earlier that Bangladesh might go for F-18s, it was reported in several newspapers also. But it turned out to be rumor later.

Wrong, a Bangladeshi forum circulated a photo of a Bangladeshi pilot with F18. from these some people assumed that Bangladesh is interested in F-18. it was never published anywhere.

I am often surprised how do you make such things up, even yesterday you made a lot of things out of air, just like you are now. you always come up with assumptions of yours and try to counter argue with even more assumptive things. There are active threads of K-8 and JFT info pool. I would suggest you throughly go through them before posting anything with nothing but assumptions backing them up.

Its not assumption but based on facts.

You said that PAC is busy with PAf requirements so this is a simple question that same thing was said (JV) for K8 so how many Pakistan made K8 you export to other country after fulfiling your requirements.

If are equal partner in any project I am sure you also want equal share in profit.

The JF-17 and the J-10B are very possible in BAF service. Leonblack (a very reliable user with credible sources) once mentioned that BAF won't procure any new aircraft before 2021.

Right now, our navy is the focus. Then air force. So, one at a time.

BD Army and Navy gave money to airforce to procure new fighters last year from their own budget. They are very worried about BD air force's inability to protect their asset.

The Tejas is not yet in service with IAF or IN itself. How on earth would you export them?

What is Tejas? Ohh the plane that cant fly? NO, thank you.

The SU-27/SU-30 are a heavier class of fighters. MiG-29s are lighter. So, the former are more costly to maintain.

SU-27 is not but SU-30 is. SU-27 could well suit BDs need. But, hey we love chinese. If there is a was with India, we can always sneak in few more pieces from China free. :smokin:

A comparable F-15 Eagle (heavy) can potentially be even more expensive to maintain, but more sophisticated with an almost flawless track record. And has great potential for additional technology development.

We cant afford them.

That was nothing. Just some BAF pilots went for a joy ride on USN F-18s, like how the PAF pilots checked out PLAAF Flankers.

Its always good to check them out. You never know.

BD Army and Navy gave money to airforce to procure new fighters last year from their own budget. They are very worried about BD air force's inability to protect their asset.

Then there would be an ideal option in investing on SAM batteries rather than fighter jets. FC-1 is a good option but a re-think would be good since you're planning to be defensive and not offensive.

What is Tejas?

A jet of which is tied down by red tapism, but has still not seen even a single test crash, has been upgraded 8 times even during sanctions, has been made from scratch even after Americans didn't give our scientists our own documents, and something whose even landing wheels you Jamaatis can't make, let alone its dummy wooden model. :lol:

Now get back on topic.

SU-27 is not but SU-30 is. SU-27 could well suit BDs need. But, hey we love chinese. If there is a was with India, we can always sneak in few more pieces from China free. :smokin:

Don't hate yourself so much, kid.

We cant afford them.

You don't need the Eagles in first place. What will maintaining such long range jets do? It will drain your air force totally.

Go on, give it a shot.

A purchase of the JF would give the BAF another advantage, engine commonality with its mig-29's.
There will be reduced costs on both training and logistics.

A purchase of the JF would give the BAF another advantage, engine commonality with its mig-29's.
There will be reduced costs on both training and logistics.

The engines aren't exactly the same though share some common factors. Klimov RD-33 is different from the RD-93 in technical terms. There will be a few changes that BAF will need but overall you're kind of correct.

Since MiG-29s of BAF are getting very old and hard to maintain for their budget, I guess replacing the entire fleet with FC-1 would be better.

K8 also called JV but please tell us how many Pakistan built K8 you export to other countries ???

China made JF17 for Pakistan and for other counties they will produce all Aircraft in their own country.

Almost half of the K8 is manufactured in Kamra.... and ha Pak input n design.. What makes u think we dnt get the profit? ur crystal ball!

What is Tejas? Ohh the plane that cant fly? NO, thank you.

We cant afford them.

what are BD's threat perceptions? why would it need to upgrade its airforce when ti has good relatiosn with India and doesnt have any other natural enemy in vicinity?

PAC only made K8 for Pakistan on ToT with China I am talking about export

Who told you that?? poor guy, :disagree:

K-8 is assembled in china and PAF k-8 were and are assembled in china. PAC only has 25% share in this project and produces some parts. K-8 has only one assembly line and that is in china.

NOW Do you understand what the heck others were trying to tell you?? If no then please don't comment as you are off topic already. So don't derail the thread please.

what are BD's threat perceptions? why would it need to upgrade its airforce when ti has good relatiosn with India and doesnt have any other natural enemy in vicinity?

Our foreign policy keeps changing in an interval of 5 years........
next BNP led Govt will not have good relation with India for sure.....
even i Guess , we are going to experience worst relation with India during next regime..
BA BN BAF is well aware of that.

BAF has no intention to buy JF-17. It intends to purchase one squadron of j-10B from China. However, China may not be able to deliver these within the next few years. So, in order to fulfill its present requirement, it has decided to buy one sq. of F-7BG and upgrade its present two sq of F-7MB to BG grade.

BAF is doing this as an interim measure and its ultimate aim is to buy one or two sq. of j-10B. In total, BAF wants to maintain a fleet of 9 sq. or 144 plaes including its training aircrafts that can also be used as light fighters and ground attack. The fleet will consist of the following:

The contract to supply a new F-7BG squadron has already been signed and deliveries are expected this year or early next year. Also, BAF will receive one sq. of MiG-29SMTs
and the existing MiG-29s will be upgraded to SMT standard.

BAFs new combat fleet will be primarily composed of 3 x sq of F-7BGs for interception and ground attack, 2 x sq of MiG-29 for air defence and 2 x sq of J-10B multirole fighters.

All BAF combat aircrafts will be able to deliver laser guided munitions of Chinese and Russian origin.

BAF has no intention to buy JF-17. It intends to purchase one squadron of j-10B from China. However, China may not be able to deliver these within the next few years. So, in order to fulfill its present requirement, it has decided to buy one sq. of F-7BG and upgrade its present two sq of F-7MB to BG grade.

BAF is doing this as an interim measure and its ultimate aim is to buy one or two sq. of j-10B. In total, BAF wants to maintain a fleet of 9 sq. or 144 plaes including its training aircrafts that can also be used as light fighters and ground attack. The fleet will consist of the following:

The contract to supply a new F-7BG squadron has already been signed and deliveries are expected this year or early next year. Also, BAF will receive one sq. of MiG-29SMTs
and the existing MiG-29s will be upgraded to SMT standard.

BAFs new combat fleet will be primarily composed of 3 x sq of F-7BGs for interception and ground attack, 2 x sq of MiG-29 for air defence and 2 x sq of J-10B multirole fighters.

All BAF combat aircrafts will be able to deliver laser guided munitions of Chinese and Russian origin.

In the 21st century wht the logic of having MIG-21 variant F-7BG ? aren't a combination of MIG-29SMT J-10B and a fleet of JF-17 block I/II give better punch in the battle field .

Our foreign policy keeps changing in an interval of 5 years........
next BNP led Govt will not have good relation with India for sure.....
even i Guess , we are going to experience worst relation with India during next regime..
BA BN BAF is well aware of that.

And that may not be the case even if regime changes. People in opposition always oppose but are more liberal and rational when in power. Wait and watch. Also what are the chances for Awami League to come back to power ?

Back
Top Bottom