What's new

Is Bangladesh going for JF-17?

MiG29K and MiG35 is good deal for Bangladesh. BD already use MiG29 so it will be easier to maintain them. Qualitywise MiG35 is better than J10 or FC1.
Another gross statement.......Mig-35 is a relatively newer as compared to J-10 and FC-1 and hasn't even entered the active service with anyone

The Maintainance and upgradation for MiGs wll be easier as India also use MiG29 SMT and MiG29K.
Another quite interesting statement, BD already has infrastructure in place for its serving Flucrums.
Russia can use India to upgrade or maintain BD's MiGs, which will reduce mainiance cost
HAL is notorious for raising the costs not decreasing them

Another Option is Su27 series planes (if wallet permits), A squadron of Su35 BM will make BD more tougher... F16 is also good option, but no one knows that how long its assembly line will be open. Rest fighters are very costly....
again its value for money, Agreed that a squadron of SU-35 would certainly add to the strenght of BAF but whats the broader picture? if as an airforce i am planning to retire a significant chunk of my fleet then the choice may be significantly different. Moreover, SU-35 is still in limited service only with Russian Airforce. I am not downplaying its capabilities in anyway but there must be a strategic fit between the induction and overall operational doctrine.

MiG29K and MiG35 is good deal for Bangladesh. BD already use MiG29 so it will be easier to maintain them. Qualitywise MiG35 is better than J10 or FC1. The Maintainance and upgradation for MiGs wll be easier as India also use MiG29 SMT and MiG29K. Russia can use India to upgrade or maintain BD's MiGs, which will reduce mainiance cost

Another Option is Su27 series planes (if wallet permits), A squadron of Su35 BM will make BD more tougher... F16 is also good option, but no one knows that how long its assembly line will be open. Rest fighters are very costly....

MiG-29K is the naval variant. We don't operate aircraft carriers. The MiG-35 in my opinion should remain an open option, so that there is competition for the J-10, and might push the Chinese to actually sell us the "B" variant. The choice should purely be technical, and free from politics or vested interests.

I understand the MiG-35 is still in development, but there is still time. Moscow should exploit this opportunity.

BAF is already interested in upgrading it's current fleet of Fulcrums to SMT standards.

As far as a heavier class of fighters go, I don't think Bangladesh can afford it at the moment. There were speculations that BAF was going for SU-27s, but was dropped due to the cost issue.

Back in the 80's (Ershad-era), we wanted F-16s, but the Americans refused upon repeated requests. They don't want any technology going to the Chinese.

F-7BG is not old style plane. China is still producing it and PLAAF is still using it. Every type of plane has different functions than other types of planes, and our BAF officers know very well what they need for an interim period and what is their goal in the future. Present need is F-7BG and the near future requirement is F-10B and the next target will possibly be F-20. So, have patience.

F-7 production ended back in 2008.

Excellent opportunity for India to get access to its tech.

Military of Bangladesh is a seperate organization from the mainstream government. A state within a state. They have their reasons. They'll respect as per confidentiality agreements with their suppliers.

And if I am not mistaken, Indians do say that the JF-17 is no threat to India. Then why bother accessing its technology?

hmmm good & Pakistan should help them in building their army & defence...

Then again why do u guys including PM Media, army generals president every cries like babies when India trains and biuld Afghan army?? What link do u guys have with bangladesh..U guys dont even share a border, if bangladesh is trained by anti india army then surely bangladesh will be anti india and hence we must take corrective measures like ISI takes against afghan..
Ease off buddies its sounds so sick when 3rd party talks in matters of 2 friends rite?? so why do u guys do so much injustice to the afghans??

Ontopic bangladesh should choose a couple of sqadrons of grippens / F16's see intimes of war even JF17 is not safe as they have russian engines no guarantee of supply.

Another gross statement.......Mig-35 is a relatively newer as compared to J-10 and FC-1 and hasn't even entered the active service with anyone

Another quite interesting statement, BD already has infrastructure in place for its serving Flucrums.

HAL is notorious for raising the costs not decreasing them

again its value for money, Agreed that a squadron of SU-35 would certainly add to the strenght of BAF but whats the broader picture? if as an airforce i am planning to retire a significant chunk of my fleet then the choice may be significantly different. Moreover, SU-35 is still in limited service only with Russian Airforce. I am not downplaying its capabilities in anyway but there must be a strategic fit between the induction and overall operational doctrine.

Even F35 is not in operational status so JF 17 is better to it?? And to boast of JF17 may i beg to ask u how many wars it participated in??One can only evalute a Fighter plane on its specs and as per specs jf17 nothing b4 a mig 35.

Can u specify what kinds of service BD can provide to its fulcrums can they do it better than what IAF does to its fulcrums??

OH yeah n thats the reasons ur Gr8 muslim ummah brother malaysia is buying su 30 parts from indias HAL.Anyways as per u HAL can atleast give u parts at high costs atleast it wont make the fleet on the ground in war times due to lack of spares like our neighbour does encounter at times??

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Military of Bangladesh is a seperate organization from the mainstream government. A state within a state. They have their reasons. They'll respect as per confidentiality agreements with their suppliers.

And if I am not mistaken, Indians do say that the JF-17 is no threat to India. Then why bother accessing its technology?

We will give it to the Burmese man!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

Even F35 is not in operational status so JF 17 is better to it?? And to boast of JF17 may i beg to ask u how many wars it participated in??One can only evalute a Fighter plane on its specs and as per specs jf17 nothing b4 a mig 35.
1- By bringing in JSF, you're comparing the grapes with oranges.
2- The same can be said for Mig-35. Btw in active wars Mig-29s record is horrible for the sake of record. we may argue for reason why so but on figures Mig-29 has been more of prey than a hunter.
Can u specify what kinds of service BD can provide to its fulcrums can they do it better than what IAF does to its fulcrums??
Now what does this suppose to mean? I think you didnt get my point which was that since BD operates its own flucrum it has the infrastructure in place for maintainance. its another question that maintaining a bird like flucrum costs more than maintaining a brid like Falcon.
OH yeah n thats the reasons ur Gr8 muslim ummah brother malaysia is buying su 30 parts from indias HAL.
1- now from where did the Ummah Jumped in?
2-
Su-MKM
In the spring of 2003, the Malaysian government signed an agreement to obtain 18 "Su-20MKM" fighters similar to the Indian Su-30MKI. They are expected to be much like the Su-30MKI, with canards and thrust-vectoring engines (which are also Russian btw), but with a completely or largely Russian-built avionics suite. Deliveries of the MKM slipped from 2006 to early 2007, because Malaysia's late selection of multifunction displays from Thales.
Sukhoi's deputy general director Alexander Klementiev said Sukhoi plans to hand over Malaysia's first batch of six Su-30MKMs next March and Klementiev says all 18 aircraft will be delivered "within one year". Sukhoi will deliver ground support equipment, technical papers and training equipment by the end of this year.
Klementiev says Sukhoi is in discussion with several customers potentially interested in acquiring a similar configuration to the Su-30MKM, including Indonesia, which is negotiating the purchase of up to 14 aircraft.
Su-30MK Factsheet :: Air-Attack.com
Anyways as per u HAL can atleast give u parts at high costs atleast it wont make the fleet on the ground in war times due to lack of spares like our neighbour does encounter at times??
JFT is also ment for just that....btw the same neibour, though drained of spares, has been successfully able to maintain an operational fleet at those tough times....you should be appriciative, dont you?
P.S: Dont derail the thread, there has been some bannings in the same thread last night. I hope this wont repeat today...

F-7 production ended back in 2008.

You are wrong, BAF has already ordered one sq. of new F-7BG planes to China. This BG grade F-7 is BVR capable and have some different physical features than the MBs. China is still producing it. Alternately, it can also be said that it can be produced again if the production line is re-established. Any BVR capable plane should not be looked down upon.

Excellent opportunity for India to get access to its tech.

Yes, our DGFI will be waiting for your Indian spies to be eaten alive by the bulldogs. These bulldogs are trained to start eating from the balls. Do not be too speculative about BD military establishment.

We will give it to the Burmese man!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

I didn't know Burma can manufacture fighters.

You are wrong, BAF has already ordered one sq. of new F-7BG planes to China. This BG grade F-7 is BVR capable and have some different physical features than the MBs. China is still producing it. Alternately, it can also be said that it can be produced again if the production line is re-established. Any BVR capable plane should not be looked down upon.

Probably used F-7s, not brand new ones. But why on earth are they buying such old designs? Actually, F-7 production did cease.

The Chengdu Jian-7 (Chinese: 歼-7; export versions F-7) is a People's Republic of China-built version of the Soviet Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21. Though production ceased in 2008 it continues to serve, mostly as an interceptor, in several air forces, including China's.
Chengdu J-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a capable BVR interceptor nonetheless. But limited in flying range and payload. I'd still prefer a J-10B or a MiG-35 more. Good avionics and electronics are pretty crucial nowadays. And since BAF is small, it should try to get the best aircraft it can get. Also, getting aircraft with long range strike capabilities is important, but that'll take time.

Reports of J-10B jet crash untrue: Air force
Reports of J-10B jet crash untrue: Air force - China.org.cn

There were no J10B 1034 crash and the rumor was proved to be false news.The rumormonger,a chinese famous big shrimp " peishens".who had been fired by globaltimes.

J10B PT 1034 (photo by yanliang goneless after the crash rumor )
Zi6AD.jpg

CAC's trial flight work all grow thinner in every fourth quarter.
CAC new pic ,you can see j10B PT1035
2719482269c2b499587426c.jpg

If J10B will export ,then it is definite that PAF have the first priority of J10B.There is no question about it
Houshanghai brother, I afraid the picture of 1034 is tempered.......
6286785602_4a8de804f8_b.jpg

Houshanghai brother, I afraid the picture of 1034 is tempered.......
6286785602_4a8de804f8_b.jpg

hasnain bro
I do not know if the pic is a PS.But this pic is an actual deposit of J10B from goneless ,who is the real source of this bad rumor and peishens was harking at him.I think you should know them.The fake rumor of j10B crashed which had an affect for very bad in china.PLAAF had to clarify some fact and had dealt with the matter sternly.goneless made a public apology on cdf and peishens lost journalist's job.so i'm sure J10B PT 1034 is good in yanliang,actually, both peishens and goneless are normally men of the few reputable people with decent insider info,only say any "big shrimps" has bad days too.....so i think although huzhigeng had made successful divination about J20, but he maybe not correct in the infs of PAF J10 and we need to see in time.

Sir you need better planes and in great numbers because your future relations with India will be not good and also you have to face Burma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom