What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

J-10 is right in between Mig-29 and Mig-35 in range and payload.

Mig-35 is exact to F-14 in payload and range.

But J-10 has 11 hardpoints and Mig-35 has only 9.
How an interceptor can be compared with a multirole fighter mig 29 and mig 35 at best can be compared to f18

There have been 6 prototype test
Models built for testing purposes. Only 8 finished production models have been built for Russian airforce, not “more than 30”. But why ruin your lies.

You are comparing a plane that has never seen combat and never even be used in a major war game or simulation to the F-14. It’s quite hilarious. Everything you say is literally by looking at Wikipedia.

Who needs Generals when we have you.

Its another misguided purchase by a country that cannot get its internal affairs in order. Unless it’s getting these for basically free (Chinese subsidies).

Pakistan's economy is currently in turmoil, with the country requiring gross external financing of $51.6 billion over the next two years (2021-2023) to meet its financial requirements.

The country has joined the top 10 nations with the largest foreign debts, according to a recent World Bank report.

They needed ANOTHER loan from Baboon Arabia (3B this time) to keep the lights on.

How is this a sustainable strategy? Can Pakistan really continue to match India in arms purchases? Of course not. India has the economy and domestic industry to pay for an arms race, Pakistan does not.

It would be like Iran trying to get into an arms race with the USA. It’s just not sustainable nor a smart strategy.

Plus how much difference is 24 J-10 gonna make? It’s like Iran having 24 SU-54’s. Wouldn’t make much difference in grand scheme of war.
Economy can be improved by time but strong air force is necessity for Pakistan. You people know nothing about Pakistan so avoid commenting about Pakistan.

We are not going to buy just 24 J10 but over 70 to fill up the place of F16.
Our future aircrafts will be
Approximately 188 JF 17
70+ J10C
Nearly 75 F16s
60 Mirages 3/5 for deep strike missions (mirrages are also responsible for carrying out air launched nuclear strike on India ).

Our recent defence purchases:
4 Milgem corvettes with full IP rights
4 type 054 A/P Frigates
8 yuan class AIP submarines
LMPAs for anti submarine warfare.
Hq 9P long range air defence system
400 VT4P third Gen. Tanks
4 OPVs from Damen.
48 wingloong 2 MALE UCAVs
Unknown no. of CH 4 B for naval use.

And many indigenous militarily programs are under way.
Our economy had always been struggling but defence equipment is also necessary to avoid wars with India. War will be more costly for us if we will not spend money on defence equipment.

Question: could this be an opportunity for Iran to take over the contract and thus receive new combat aircraft very quickly?
https://www.air-cosmos.com/article/...-su-35-gyptiens-analyse-exclusive-osint-25752
9441210_original.jpg

Question: could this be an opportunity for Iran to take over the contract and thus receive new combat aircraft very quickly?
https://www.air-cosmos.com/article/...-su-35-gyptiens-analyse-exclusive-osint-25752
9441210_original.jpg

Don’t see IRGC giving the green light for such a purchase.

Even for T-90 they only bought a few and took them to Syria to be battle tested and learn from them. Then Karrar was unveiled.

This tells me IRGC didn’t see value in making a long run contract with Russia over T-90 and thinks it’s domestic version can compete adequately enough.

The only good 25 SU-35’s would do Iran is allowing the F-14 fleet to rest a little and spend some time upgrading the rest of them to F-14AM standard. This might mean canabalizing some of them. Game changing wise this purchase it would hardly be a major difference.

25 SU-35’s cannot take on 200 fighter jets from Saudi Arabia let alone US or Israel.

So unless this is a “test run purchase” and “confidence building measure” for Iranian-Russian arms relations, I don’t see it happening.

Even for T-90 they only bought a few and took them to Syria to be battle tested and learn from them. Then Karrar was unveiled.

This tells me IRGC didn’t see value in making a long run contract with Russia over T-90 and thinks it’s domestic version can compete adequately enough.

The only good 25 SU-35’s would do Iran is allowing the F-14 fleet to rest a little and spend some time upgrading the rest of them to F-14AM standard. This might mean canabalizing some of them. Game changing wise this purchase it would hardly be a major difference.

25 SU-35’s cannot take on 200 fighter jets from Saudi Arabia let alone US or Israel.

So unless this is a “test run purchase” and “confidence building measure” for Iranian-Russian arms relations, I don’t see it happening.
So IRGC doesn't allow IRIAF to purchase fighter jets? Just Wondering, what is your intention for telling this joke?!!

They took some T90s then took then to Syria and then unveiled Karrar. Man you make Babak Taghvaee look like Einstein of 2022.

I can't say your assessment is accurate because we don't know the truth, but what can be said is that, such a "modernization" would come in batches, so it doesn't mean 25 would be the end of it. Naturally they can't deliver 200 all at once.

Besides that, what I am more concerned about is, if this really does happen. What they have done with the Su-35's?

I don't want to see a heavily monkey modelled version delivered like some kind of joke considering people have F-15E's and such out there. It is very much like them to do this, as we've seen in history. The American's atleast can be relied upon for providing quality products (even export versions) to their customers.

Best option for Iran is to acquire license for transfer of technology for AL-222 turbofan with afterburner or develop a turbofan of comparable specifications. Then modify and improve design of F-5E and use some advances from Qaher-313 which is more aerodynamic landing gear at minimum. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if initial design of Qaher-313 had AL-222 in mind until Iran couldn't secure purchase of Yak-130's from Russia which may have hinged on transfer of technology for such turbofan.

I can't say your assessment is accurate because we don't know the truth, but what can be said is that, such a "modernization" would come in batches, so it doesn't mean 25 would be the end of it. Naturally they can't deliver 200 all at once.

Besides that, what I am more concerned about is, if this really does happen. What they have done with the Su-35's?

I don't want to see a heavily monkey modelled version delivered like some kind of joke considering people have F-15E's and such out there. It is very much like them to do this, as we've seen in history. The American's atleast can be relied upon for providing quality products (even export versions) to their customers.
What is the use of such ''quality'' products that one wrong move you make you will get sanctioned to death? Look at those all pathetic countries buying stuff from the USA, they HAVE TO BE obedient to uncle sam otherwise all future purchases, current contract etc will get cancelled and they will face many problems. It is just not worth it. Much better to make something locally.

Best option for Iran is to acquire license for transfer of technology for AL-222 turbofan with afterburner or develop a turbofan of comparable specifications. Then modify and improve design of F-5E and use some advances from Qaher-313 which is more aerodynamic landing gear at minimum. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if initial design of Qaher-313 had AL-222 in mind until Iran couldn't secure purchase of Yak-130's from Russia which may have hinged on transfer of technology for such turbofan.

Iran has developed Kowsar 2, they haven't shown it yet

Back
Top Bottom