What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I`d say the writer is still evidently fixated on the old ww2/cold war air power heavy doctrine and imagines for some strange reason that the us would attempt to employ some sort of desert storm/iraqi freedom style "shock and awe" air power campaign scenario against iran which would revolve entirely around air battles,as though irans missile forces and their recently demonstrated capabilities didnt even exist or would just sit back and allow them to do this without firing a single shot at the bases that any us air campaign would quite literally depend upon to have any hope of viability never mind actual success.Indeed rather strangely the only reference he makes to irans missile forces is that diego garcia is beyond their reach![LOL!].Personally I think that the absence of any reference to iranian missile power is actually pretty telling on his part.I did have to chuckle tho at his assertion that "Whatever success local industry might have achieved, keeping the legendary Tomcat flyable in any meaningful combat sense with no assistance from the OEM is probably impossible."....Yeah!...,sure buddy!.Whatever you say.....:rolleyes:
To be honest my first thought when I started reading this was that it was some old article written way waaay back in the very early 2000s,so you can imagine my surprise when I realised that this was only written a little over a week ago,bizarre.....o_O
:crazy_pilot:
Yes, same were also my thoughts while reading this...this..."Dreingabe" (sorry, dont find an englisch word for it)

Because both EU and the US are ultimately on the same boat when it comes to Iran. Just a game of good cop bad copt at the moment.

Better words would be "bad gangster worse gangster"

If Iran leaves NPT, China and Russia will support sanctions because exiting NPT will make Russia and China think Iran has "gotten out of control".....literally.

its good to test for short time at least they can get back to it when they make a good deal, Iran can use it as leverage if they don't do this the other party will say Iran must include missiles this way they can replace that with missiles or other things

General staff of Iran's armed forces said Iran's overall defense budget is less than 6 billion dollars.
It was in response to (traitor) Zarif's lies:
توضیح سخنگوی وزارت امور خارجه درباره ارقام بودجه نظامی ایران- اخبار بین الملل - اخبار تسنیم - Tasnim

$6 billion and people expect them to develop, mass produce and acquire air crafts, ships, submarines, tanks, air defenses, etc and quickly!

Only 6 billion?! Fantastic job!

General staff of Iran's armed forces said Iran's overall defense budget is less than 6 billion dollars.
توضیح سخنگوی وزارت امور خارجه درباره ارقام بودجه نظامی ایران- اخبار بین الملل - اخبار تسنیم - Tasnim

$6 billion and people expect them to develop, mass produce and acquire air crafts, ships, submarines, tanks, air defenses, etc and quickly!
But 6bln$ in Iran is much more than 6bln$ in USA due to difference in prices---especially after current devaluation of rial.

There are two types of GDP: nominal GDP and GDP PPP
1) nominal GDP is GDP in rials divided by current currency exchange rate-------because Iranian currency has devalued so much--- Iran's nominal dollar GDP is small--- but it doesn't show the real capacity of the economy----this is simply dollar GDP calculated based on the current currency exchange rate (and exchange rate of rial has declined recently).

2) GDP PPP calculates GDP with assumption that prices in Iran are the same as prices in USA---if prices in Iran were the same as prices in USA----Iran's GDP PPP is 1,6trl$ American equivalent-------and now if you spend 4% of GDP for military--then defense budget is 64bln$ american equivalent. (compared to US defense budget of 640bln$)

Nominal (dollar) GDP is important if you are importer of weapons---because you need hard currency---dollar to buy foreign made weapons at their dollar market price. (like how Saudi Arabia does)

But if you produce all weapons in Iran and you buy these weapons in rials---then GDP PPP is better

Last edited:
But 6bln$ in Iran is much more than 6bln$ in USA due to difference in prices---especially after current devaluation of rial.

There are two types of GDP: nominal GDP and GDP PPP
1) nominal GDP is GDP in rials divided by current currency exchange rate-------because Iranian currency has devalued so much--- Iran's nominal dollar GDP is small--- but it doesn't show the real capacity of the economy----this is simply dollar GDP calculated based on the current currency exchange rate (and exchange rate of rial has declined recently).

2) GDP PPP calculates GDP with assumption that prices in Iran are the same as prices in USA---if prices in Iran were the same as prices in USA----Iran's GDP PPP is 1,6trl$ American equivalent-------and now if you spend 4% of GDP for military--then defense budget is 64bln$ american equivalent. (compared to US defense budget of 640bln$)

Nominal (dollar) GDP is important if you are importer of weapons---because you need hard currency---dollar to buy foreign made weapons at their dollar market price. (like how Saudi Arabia does)

But if you produce all weapons in Iran and you buy these weapons in rials---then GDP PPP is better
Only human force is our advantage, nothing more.
Even the price of raw materials are based on the dollar value.

Labor price, price of services, electricity price, gasoline price, cement price, transportation costs, domestically made metal-cutting equipment, domestic steel and aluminium.........everything is cheaper and in rials.

Last edited:
I don't care how you calculate it, but Iran's military budget should be equivalent of $30 billion minimum.

I don't care how you calculate it, but Iran's military budget should be equivalent of $30 billion minimum.
If we consider the possibility of a secret/not-public military budget also, it might be that.

I told you fanboys that the Air Force budget is less than 500 million, but you wouldn’t accept that.

That is why F-313 is a toy and will be a toy. No money for a domestic fighter jet program other Than the absurd F-5 program.

And if Artesh Budget is 6 billion then IRGC budget is 75% more so IRGC is sucking up another 15+ billion

I told you fanboys that the Air Force budget is less than 500 million, but you wouldn’t accept that.

That is why F-313 is a toy and will be a toy. No money for a domestic fighter jet program other Than the absurd F-5 program.

And if Artesh Budget is 6 billion then IRGC budget is 75% more so IRGC is sucking up another 15+ billion
it's overall budget, Army + IRGC.

Qaher, Fotros, airborne radar and missiles, these were real but wont advance in this traitor government.

it's overall budget, Army + IRGC.

Qaher, Fotros, airborne radar and missiles, these were real but wont advance in this traitor government.

But we know IRGC has many means of funding itself. It's not like they're completely reliant on this budget. The Artesh on the other hand is badly effected.

Iran's commander in chief had the choice of building nuclear bombs, Instead he issued a bull$hit fatwa and declared nuclear weapons haram, The other sheikh handed over all of Iran's nuclear stockpile to the west practically killing the chance for Iran to be a nuclear power. Akhonds are making Iran weak, They should answer for the situation that they created.
fatwa will change due the condition and time..........

Back
Top Bottom