What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Screenshot_763.png

very interesting, there are subtitles in English, i never knew the Shah wanted to buy Lance TBM of only 120km and they refused him, this is ridiculous

Today Iran has way better TBM than old Lance and have access to ICBM and nuclear possibility

Last edited:
How do they target moving ships at 1000km range? (I guess the usual unproven answer of combination of OTH + other ship-based radars + drones)

I would prefer to see mass production of supersonic 300-500km ASCM, including air-launched variants, and installed in a standardised way on Mouj class or whatever Frankenstein monster of ships follows it

Supersonic flight is subject to enormous aerodynamic drag, which drastically shortens the range.
For example, the Russian P-800, which flies at Mach 2.5, is a huge missile weighing 3,000 kg, but has a range of only 300 km.
At low altitude, the range is only 120 km.
The ramjet engine required for supersonic flight is still under development in Iran and has not yet been put to practical use.

Supersonic flight is subject to enormous aerodynamic drag, which drastically shortens the range.
For example, the Russian P-800, which flies at Mach 2.5, is a huge missile weighing 3,000 kg, but has a range of only 300 km.
The ramjet engine required for supersonic flight is still under development in Iran and has not yet been put to practical use.

It depends. Me think that one can form the body in that way that the atmosphere what works against the supersonic missile can be used like the air bubbles what where used at high speed torpedos. Me think the goal is to split up the pressing atmosphere into different layers of different density what then flow around the body of the missile and due to the layering in different densities the drag at the missile itself is reduced. Me think that can be used till ~mach 7-8.

Also Iran already has RAMJet. Me think they are developing scramjet since a while now, maybe already prototype.

Oniks 20 years ago had 600km range, now 800km range

The term ‘AI’ is often used too loosely. Do these systems use pattern recognition to detect targets (not AI) or do these systems literally make choices, and GENERATE adjustments , resets , course corrections , etc (AI)?

Regardless, for true AI , a specifically trained GENERATIVE (key feature) ‘language’ model is required and must be accessible by the system which are usually large. Given probable polluted EW environments the LLM must be resident on the system which is unlikely since it is highly resource consuming.

At the end, I think these are machine learners based on simple, cheap, and highly reliable vector databases not AI systems. The vdb probably contains indexed imagery and maybe environmental content which is fast and accessible. Perfect for this application.

Last edited:
The term ‘AI’ is often used too loosely. Do these systems use pattern recognition to detect targets (not AI) or do these systems literally make choices, and GENERATE adjustments , resets , course corrections , etc (AI)?

Regardless, for true AI , a specifically trained GENERATIVE (key feature) ‘language’ model is required and must be accessible by the system which are usually large. Given probable polluted EW environments the LLM must be resident on the system which is unlikely since it is highly resource consuming.

At the end, I think these are machine learners based on simple, cheap, and highly reliable vector databases not AI systems. The vdb probably contains indexed imagery and maybe environmental content which is fast and accessible. Perfect for this application.

The first 15 minutes or so goes into details on this missile.
He described what I think is a SAR shown in the picture for the the bulk of the missile's route and another radar in the radome for final maneuvers. Also the missile can change its attack strategy based on it target and can change adapt during flight.

Attachments

• Screenshot (211).png
    Screenshot (211).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom