What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Well well well.

Let's see if this hype is actually legit, or if some trolls are creating fake news.

aren't raad-500 and Haj Qassem technicaly hypersonic missiles?

A hypersonic glide vehicle revealed would be the best PR wise, all anti-Iran medias would make fearmongering with it

But it is going to be 2000km and dedicated as always to Israel, like Israel needs 1000000000 missiles to aim at, i would love to see the US reaction when their homeland would be technicaly threatened by Iran

A hypersonic glide vehicle revealed would be the best PR wise, all anti-Iran medias would make fearmongering with it

But it is going to be 2000km and dedicated as always to Israel, like Israel needs 1000000000 missiles to aim at, i would love to see the US reaction when their homeland would be technicaly threatened by Iran
Haj Qassems, burnout speed suggests hypersonic re-entry speeds, but it does not have a good glider RV. I guess you can say it is a hypersonic missile, but not really a HGV in the traditional sense.

Borderline HGV at best.

For whatever political reason Iran downplays its missile capabilities while it's easily in the top 5-6 in the world in terms of capabilities. No other regional country has demonstrated what Iran has over the years.

I have never seen the head of the IRGC's aerospace forces make such a thought-provoking announcement.
If this is a boring announcement, it will have very negative repercussions.

From that blurred out picture (if that is supposed to represent the new misisle), seems like it might be similar looking to the common hypersonic warhead the US military showed.

original.jpg

I am not really sure IRGC-AF would go for the Wedge shape design, since it's main targets are within 2000km, no need for such a high performing, high cost design that would need to travel intercontinental distances.

Unless they have other plans.....
dr-evil.jpg

Last edited:
Never seen them unveil a missile in this fashion.

Imho, the most critical element here is the 2nd stage booster. Create's major issues for Anti-BM

img_20230606_080812_982-jpg.933100

The fins at the back look much thicker than I initially thought.

So, IRGC-AF standardizing 2 stage solid fuel tactical HGBs,

Also, incorporating gas thrusters in larger diameter missiles based on R-27 engine. Both pretty good tech unveilings in a few weeks time. I wonder what else they have been working on. 🤔

Essentially, I think we are just seeing further development on top of the Haj Qassem missile.

Last edited:

The range is.... 1400km

Any information on the payload?

500kg? nuclear/chemical capable with further work?

I guess the 1400 range is specifically to target Israel , 1450 Keibar Shekan, 1450 Hoveyzeh

Last edited:
Fx6tXUOXwActD34

2nd Stage booster is also visible. This appears to be the missile Hajizadeh was talking about in the interview a few months ago.
Both a thrust vectoring rocket motor AND aerodynamic control surfaces!!.
WOW!!
This thing looks like a literal fvcking flying nightmare for any of the current abm system that would be tasked with trying to deal with it.

Last edited:
Nice work Iran. You are being strong and resolute. Future is yours with this kind of achievements. US won t even dream to attack a resolute and strong Iran.

This kind of achievements demoralize enemies, some of them would make the adecuate calculations and fix the relations and ties with Iran. It s a matter of time now.

Back
Top Bottom