What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Sayyad-4 has a Surface to air range of 200-230 KM at 6.8-8 Mach with TVC maneuverability, Midcourse SARH datalink, and ARH terminal guidance.

It's a monster to deal with for enemy aircraft. 75% of the IRIAF interception job will be done by these AMBUSH SAM systems, rest 25 % will be the job some 200 x Interceptor force of F-14AM + MIG29 + KOWSAR-I/II

Last edited:
IISS estimates Khorramshahr-2 with a 0.5 Ton warhead and an MaRV reaches ~3200 KM for a CEP of <5-10 m.

1657313121492.png

Sayyad-4 has a Surface to air range of 200-230 KM at 6.8-8 Mach with TVC maneuverability, Midcourse SARH datalink, and ARH terminal guidance.

It's a monster to deal with for enemy aircraft. 75% of the IRIAF interception job will be done by these AMBUSH SAM systems, rest 25 % will be the job some 200 x Interceptor force of F-14AM + MIG29 + KOWSAR-I/II
Missile cant have SARH data link, because SARH has nothing to do with data link, SARH is bistatic guidance arrangement, you have one radar with one transmitter and 2 anntenas with 2 recivers, one in missile and one in aircraft(or ground Sam) it can be SARH or it can be ARH, not both, every ARH has midcourse update because radar in missile has not range to cover all its range. In SARH, aitcraft or ground radar, transmit signal while both, missile and ground radar/aitcraft recive it, that is why name is semi active, because missile doesnt need any connection with aircrafts as Long it recive bounced signal, SO it has little autonomy... ARH and SARH have all multi mode guidance.. AiM54 has 3 modes.. 1.countinous wave ,2 Full active homing and 3. mid course update + ARH for Long ranges.. But SARH is completely different arrangement, it can work in bistatic mode or Countinous wave, there is also Radio Command, that is also homing all the way to target. I saw multiple guidance for almost all Iranian AD, some have backup terminal guidance Like Iranian AShM with ARH guidance, they add IR terminal seeker as backup, but Just for better understanding I explained difference since I see many People mix it due its name

Last edited:
IISS estimates Khorramshahr-2 with a 0.5 Ton warhead and an MaRV reaches ~3200 KM for a CEP of <5-10 m.

View attachment 860110
How about an 200 Kg warhead? I guess a warhead of 100 Kg full of enriched Uranium beside electronic and other requirements weighing and other 100 Kg can turn into a liquid fuel ICBM. In case Washington wants to be nasty with us.

The same goes about Sejjil family of satellite carriers. Those light cubesats and other experimental ones which are carried into LEO and near LEO orbits are our potential ICBMs needing a small engine for instant manuever in space.

Not to mention that monkey which was sent into space and returned safely, introduced Iranian capability of sending anything inside small Package to any spot on earth precisely.

How about an 200 Kg warhead? I guess a warhead of 100 Kg full of enriched Uranium beside electronic and other requirements weighing and other 100 Kg can turn into a liquid fuel ICBM. In case Washington wants to be nasty with us.

The same goes about Sejjil family of satellite carriers. Those light cubesats and other experimental ones which are carried into LEO and near LEO orbits are our potential ICBMs needing a small engine for instant manuever in space.

Not to mention that monkey which was sent into space and returned safely, introduced Iranian capability of sending anything inside small Package to any spot on earth precisely.
the smallest gun type bomb is about 1.5t which is mark - 11 bunker buster (25-30kt yeald)
but let just say if we want to add nuclear artillery to the list then we have 110kg w33 artillery with 5-10kt yeald (there was an advanced version of it with 40kt yeald)
1280px-W33_in_container_01.jpg

W33%2C_W48_and_W79_nuclear_artillery_shells.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom