What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

FHejjswX0AcCSsQ.jpg

@Stryker1982
I'm not sure if being able to machine and manufacture a sounding rocket means you can produce a ballistic missile but according to the CNC machining manager of Halcon they produced this rocket 100% in house.

They likely cant produce propellant yet but I'll update you if they somehow manage to.

Although 480mm is not a very thick diameter compared to even SRBMs like the ATACMs. This makes me about 100% certain they could produce long range MLRS rockets at least.

8043E045-23FF-42AD-904C-E971D6F1D44E.jpeg

Hope they can scoop up some engineers involved in the RSA-3 ICBM project.

@Stryker1982
I'm not sure if being able to machine and manufacture a sounding rocket means you can produce a ballistic missile but according to the CNC machining manager of Halcon they produced this rocket 100% in house.

They likely cant produce propellant yet but I'll update you if they somehow manage to.

Although 480mm is not a very thick diameter compared to even SRBMs like the ATACMs. This makes me about 100% certain they could produce long range MLRS rockets at least.

View attachment 803457

Hope they can scoop up some engineers involved in the RSA-3 ICBM project.
Yeah in terms of tactical battlefield rockets I expect them to get there very soon. It's all also legal under MTCR. The motor is always hardest so I am not sure on the timeframe of that, but if someone provides a good motor, I can see further than MLRS into 100km rockets with TELs in a short time frame..

I wonder if Noko is ahead of Iran in hypersonics.

There may be some Chinese involvement in the Hwasong-8 which could be transferred to Iran.
They are in terms of the glider tech level, and motors. They are quite poor though relatively so in terms of quantities they are not very great in serial production.

Alot of those missiles that are seen in the videos that are coming out, all have gliding warheads, but in terms of glider RV performance they are ahead. Longer glide period, more aerodynamic, better thermal shielding. Suffice to say, Iranian missiles are fast af, and optimized for speed, accuracy and serial production. NK's are optimized for nuclear warheads.

Usually if the NK boi's have it, I wouldn't be surprised if it finds its way to Iran, but reconfigured to be compatible with current Iranian missiles. Since they haven't show it yet in these exercises It is probably not ready yet. But we have a good idea of which missile would probably be retrofitted with a Hwasong -8 HGV.

The Khorramshahr missile is said to be a Hwasong-10, but not an exact replica, because we can empirically see it being much longer than the Noko boi's and configured to Iranian needs so It is not out of the question that the same could happen.

Yeah in terms of tactical battlefield rockets I expect them to get there very soon. It's all also legal under MTCR. The motor is always hardest so I am not sure on the timeframe of that, but if someone provides a good motor, I can see further than MLRS into 100km rockets with TELs in a short time frame..
They may end up with being able to design and produce most of the rocket motor indigenously. Also got wind of cooperation with Serbians in this field who are not bound by MTCR legally.

They first person is working at Halcon now
20211225_155613.jpg

20211224_180420.jpg
20211224_180510.jpg

Wouldnt the Israelis shut down Dimona before the first missile hits it?

I'm 100% sure they have plans for this scenario.
Maybe another member could shed more light on the effect of missiles on a nuclear reactor.

Last edited:
They may end up with being able to design and produce most of the rocket motor indigenously. Also got wind of cooperation with Serbians in this field who are not bound by MTCR legally.

View attachment 803473

View attachment 803471View attachment 803472

Maybe another member could shed more light on the effect of missiles on a nuclear reactor.

I am not even sure if Dimona is even active, or has been active for years. I don't think this is actually a real plan, but more like a demonstration for the enemy. I suppose the justication for it would be if they attack a live reactor in Iran, in which case the whole region is F***ed for real, because if Israel attacked Bushehr stupidly, Iran would attack Dimona, and from east to west the whole place is done for. The gamma radiation can spread 1000's of kms.

View attachment 803473

View attachment 803471View attachment 803472

What timeframe will it take for the UAE to have a missile program similar to the Iranian one?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom