What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Israel planned to bomb Kahuta, our nuclear reactor, and undertook drills on a mock installation with India. It's a fascinating story and you can read more about it here: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/wings-over-chagai.24124/

They also planned to kill AQ Khan, one of our prominent nuclear scientists, but he was put under house arrest by military authorities. He is accused of leaking nuclear tech, especially centrifuge design details, to Iran, N Korea and more.

There is no question that Pakistan had on-again off-again US support, that helped in such situations --- but Pakistan did not have hundreds of billions of dollars of oil ready to export, as Iran does.

Interestingly, it was a Pakistani pilot who shot one of the first IAF planes down (he was in Syria training the Syrian pilots there on the latest A2A tactics). The IAF pilot ejected and was captured by Syrian forces, and the PAF pilot paid him a visit in a Syrian military hospital as the Israeli pilot was recovering from his injuries. I believe his name was Captain M. Lutz of the Israeli Air force.

I think everyone here is misunderstanding what I'm saying. I WANT Iran to be able to hit Israel back more effectively, to create even better deterrence and to go nuclear ASAP. I also hope and pray that Pakistan-Iran relations continue to improve. I have a lot of respect for Iran to standing up to joint US-Israeli plans.

LOL Israelis planned to bomb your plant but "did not" ... they wanted to kill your scientist ... but "did not" ... Saddams 400 planes strong top notch USSR built Airforce did not scare them, Iran's oil wealth, proxies, Cruise+Ballastic missile packages (tried and tested) does not scare them, Turkish military does not scare them but they got scared of Mighty Pakistans IMF owned economy or the Chinese donated Migs? are you out of yoru mind doostam? I have nothing against Pakistan but trust me you have nukes because leaders of the world found it favourable for their own strategies otherwise they would have done to your nuclear plants what they have done to iraqs, syrias and libyas. South Asian culture warrants constantly mocking others while forgetting about their own history. Do you want me to tell you which nations helped Pakistan in nuclear development ... trust me it will start with Europe. No one helped any middle eastern country.
Israel tried but they failed.Remember operation Kahuta.US was our cold war ally.We assured them that our nuclear weapons are solely India based.So they only sanctioned us and did nothing to destroy our nuclear power plants.In fact Western black markete helped us a alot to achieve success in our nuclear ambitions.so west only sanctioned us. US herself allowed us to carry out nuclear research for civilian energy projects in 50s.

By the way,US F16 were proved very useful for protecting our nuclear stations.

So US protection was there. Exactly what i said before. if it was not ... your nuclear plant would have been sent to Indus valley times. Trust me no Islamic nation is allowed. Not us, not Turkey not iraq or Saudi ... You are just lucky that US+EU had their strategy in your favor at that time.

LOL Israelis planned to bomb your plant but "did not" ... they wanted to kill your scientist ... but "did not" ... Saddams 400 planes strong top notch USSR built Airforce did not scare them, Iran's oil wealth, proxies, Cruise+Ballastic missile packages (tried and tested) does not scare them, Turkish military does not scare them but they got scared of Mighty Pakistans IMF owned economy or the Chinese donated Migs? are you out of yoru mind doostam? I have nothing against Pakistan but trust me you have nukes because leaders of the world found it favourable for their own strategies otherwise they would have done to your nuclear plants what they have done to iraqs, syrias and libyas. South Asian culture warrants constantly mocking others while forgetting about their own history. Do you want me to tell you which nations helped Pakistan in nuclear development ... trust me it will start with Europe. No one helped any middle eastern country.
Cool down buddy.Pakistan had F 16 before becoming declared nuclear power.Imagine if Israel had bombed our nuclear sites,what would've stopped us to strike Israel and India with nuclear bombs ( we were nuclear power in 80s).
We had already acquired 1500km Ballistic Missiles ( we got missiles design from N.Korea).

Regarding syria and iraq,well,we had strong diplomatic chennels in the whole world so unlike Iraq,Syria we had some diplomatic support from our allys.
If Iraq had handled world powers with diplomacy and had kept its n.programme secret,they would have been a nuclear power today.

Israel planned to bomb Kahuta, our nuclear reactor, and undertook drills on a mock installation with India. It's a fascinating story and you can read more about it here: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/wings-over-chagai.24124/

They also planned to kill AQ Khan, one of our prominent nuclear scientists, but he was put under house arrest by military authorities. He is accused of leaking nuclear tech, especially centrifuge design details, to Iran, N Korea and more.

There is no question that Pakistan had on-again off-again US support, that helped in such situations --- but Pakistan did not have hundreds of billions of dollars of oil ready to export, as Iran does.

Interestingly, it was a Pakistani pilot who shot one of the first IAF planes down (he was in Syria training the Syrian pilots there on the latest A2A tactics). The IAF pilot ejected and was captured by Syrian forces, and the PAF pilot paid him a visit in a Syrian military hospital as the Israeli pilot was recovering from his injuries. I believe his name was Captain M. Lutz of the Israeli Air force.

I think everyone here is misunderstanding what I'm saying. I WANT Iran to be able to hit Israel back more effectively, to create even better deterrence and to go nuclear ASAP. I also hope and pray that Pakistan-Iran relations continue to improve. I have a lot of respect for Iran to standing up to joint US-Israeli plans.
With all respect my friend, the level of hostilities between Iran and Israel are beyond anything what Pakistan has experienced with Israel.

As far i know (correct me if i am wrong) Pakistan has not been under several rounds of UN sanctions, no aviation sanctions, no arms embargo, no disconnection from international banks, no problems with international trading, no severe media vilification etc. Even the oil that Iran is now selling is much under normal market values and has to go through hundreds of loops before finally being sold (receiving the actual money takes even longer).

The reason why the West and Israel has been so soft to Pakistan despite its nuclear weapons status is because Pakistan has never been an existential threat to the state of Israel.

The state of Israel has several threat categories.

A) Existential threat : Iran
B) Semi-existential threat : Syria, Hezbollah and other non-state actors (tied with the axis of resistance)
C) other threats : nations having the potential to become level B or even A threat.

All in all, it is unfair to bring Pakistan into this discussion because it does not do justice to level of harassment that Iran has been receiving from the United States and the state of Israel.

And i agree with you, Iran needs a more effective deterrence but like i earlier stated, that level of deterrence needs more sophisticated capabilities which Iran is lacking, currently.

breaking story: massive blast at near Natanz
1638647052586.png

Apparently it was to test the rapid reaction of the AD systems near Natanz.
It was 20 kilometers away from the facility itself.

Are you that naive? test are done at ranges where telematry equipment is place and they are "Testing" ground.

The explanation is crap!

i think they have fired SAM at something...

Are you that naive? test are done at ranges where telematry equipment is place and they are "Testing" ground.

The explanation is crap!

i think they have fired SAM at something...
They were testing the preparedness of the AD for a surprise attack. And you talk about telemetry equipment and testing ground. lol
They did fire a surface to air missile at the target. How does that make it not a test?

why do you come clean and say you guys have shot down something plain and simple..why the fasad!
You are retarded. Aren't you?
You are talking to me as if I am the spokesman of Iran's air defense.

I just told you what is officially reported. And it could be very well true because satellite imagery will reveal the truth anyway.

With all respect my friend, the level of hostilities between Iran and Israel are beyond anything what Pakistan has experienced with Israel.

As far i know (correct me if i am wrong) Pakistan has not been under several rounds of UN sanctions, no aviation sanctions, no arms embargo, no disconnection from international banks, no problems with international trading, no severe media vilification etc. Even the oil that Iran is now selling is much under normal market values and has to go through hundreds of loops before finally being sold (receiving the actual money takes even longer).

The reason why the West and Israel has been so soft to Pakistan despite its nuclear weapons status is because Pakistan has never been an existential threat to the state of Israel.

The state of Israel has several threat categories.

A) Existential threat : Iran
B) Semi-existential threat : Syria, Hezbollah and other non-state actors (tied with the axis of resistance)
C) other threats : nations having the potential to become level B or even A threat.

All in all, it is unfair to bring Pakistan into this discussion because it does not do justice to level of harassment that Iran has been receiving from the United States and the state of Israel.

And i agree with you, Iran needs a more effective deterrence but like i earlier stated, that level of deterrence needs more sophisticated capabilities which Iran is lacking, currently.

If you read my earlier posts, the level of hostility I was talking about was many decades ago. Don't forget that Iran and Israel were pretty close pre Revolution. Anyway, I agree, let's not derail the thread!

So US protection was there. Exactly what i said before. if it was not ... your nuclear plant would have been sent to Indus valley times. Trust me no Islamic nation is allowed. Not us, not Turkey not iraq or Saudi ... You are just lucky that US+EU had their strategy in your favor at that time.

If you read my post, I already mentioned that the US factor helped and was likely the crucial factor. Where did I say that it was because of some retaliation capability (even though, FYI, a lot of our tech and tactics back then were better than whatever Iraq was fielding --- it's not just about numbers, you genius).

Secondly, I'd like to see where Iran's economy would be without God-given oil under your soil given the sanctions (that we also had to face for some time --- till the US decided to use us again through sold-out leaders!).

Also, your tone is disrespectful and ridiculous. Are you a child or just a frustrated adult?

If you read the rest of my posts on this thread, I am actually wanting/hoping/praying for Iran to do even better --- but, obviously, you're a blind bigot.

If Iran didn't have its oil, natural gas, etc, then Iran would likely have a completely different foreign policy.

If you read my earlier posts, the level of hostility I was talking about was many decades ago. Don't forget that Iran and Israel were pretty close pre Revolution. Anyway, I agree, let's not derail the thread!

If you read my post, I already mentioned that the US factor helped and was likely the crucial factor. Where did I say that it was because of some retaliation capability (even though, FYI, a lot of our tech and tactics back then were better than whatever Iraq was fielding --- it's not just about numbers, you genius).

Secondly, I'd like to see where Iran's economy would be without God-given oil under your soil given the sanctions (that we also had to face for some time --- till the US decided to use us again through sold-out leaders!).

Also, your tone is disrespectful and ridiculous. Are you a child or just a frustrated adult?

If you read the rest of my posts on this thread, I am actually wanting/hoping/praying for Iran to do even better --- but, obviously, you're a blind bigot.

I think this point in our discussion can be solved very quickly. We can just compare the amount of sanctions and the intensity that Pakistan faced with the ones that Iran is having now for 4+ decades. Or the level/intensity of US-Israel sabotage operations.

I think this point in our discussion can be solved very quickly. We can just compare the amount of sanctions and the intensity that Pakistan faced with the ones that Iran is having now for 4+ decades. Or the level/intensity of US-Israel sabotage operations.

No comparison. Iran is under considerably more pressure. Thank God for that oil :)
If Iran didn't have its oil, natural gas, etc, then Iran would likely have a completely different foreign policy.

Definitely.

I hope Muslim countries can wake the F up and start collaborating more. Till the Gulf monarchies and Zionist entities are around, it'll be difficult.

If Turkey, Iran and Pakistan can put aside past differences and collaborate better, with China and Russia in support, the Middle East can change for the better.
Back on topic...

Have Iranians who have gone to top institutions globally (for example, MIT) come back to contribute to significant defense tech programs? Or are local universities taking care of everything?

I know Iran has a great physics/math tradition.

Back
Top Bottom