What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

@PeeD

I wonder if Iran is going for a similar design as North Korea's Pukguksong-2 (KN-15) for their next two-stage solid-fuel MRBM. Since Iran and North Korea, at least to some degree, cooperate on ballistic missile development, I wouldn't be too surprised to see an Iranian take on the Pukguksong-2 in the future. Both countries have most likely developed their R-27 (SS-N-6 Serb) SLBM derived Khorramshahr and Hwasong-10 (BM-25 Musudan) missiles in cooperation. They could have aswell cooperated on the Pukguksong-2 but that's of course speculation.

The Pukguksong-2 has an estimated length of 8-9 m (some estimates are higher) and a diameter of 1.4-1.5 m. Its effective range is estimated between 1200 and 2000 km (some estimates are higher) and it has an estimated payload capacity of 1.6-1.7 tons. The missile uses lightweight composite casing materials. Further weight saving (if feasible) through more extensive use of durable lightweight materials could potentially increase its range (if needed) or maximum payload. Iran has demonstrated its ability to produce carbon-based composite materials for their missiles (RVs, motor, casing etc.) on an economical scale already (e.g. Dezful, Raad-500).

Equipped with a MaRV or MIRV derived from the Emad or Khorramshahr this mobile Iranian fast-response Pukguksong-2 would add another robust layer of deterrence for Iran by enabling it to quickly strike any land-based static target in the region with multiple warheads (3x ~500 kg) per missile and possibly even sea-based targets in the future.

pukguksong-2-line3.gif
analysis_6.jpg

@PeeD

I wonder if Iran is going for a similar design as North Korea's Pukguksong-2 (KN-15) for their next two-stage solid-fuel MRBM. Since Iran and North Korea, at least to some degree, cooperate on ballistic missile development, I wouldn't be too surprised to see an Iranian take on the Pukguksong-2 in the future. Both countries have most likely developed their R-27 (SS-N-6 Serb) SLBM derived Khorramshahr and Hwasong-10 (BM-25 Musudan) missiles in cooperation. They could have aswell cooperated on the Pukguksong-2 but that's of course speculation.

The Pukguksong-2 has an estimated length of 8-9 m (some estimates are higher) and a diameter of 1.4-1.5 m. Its effective range is estimated between 1200 and 2000 km (some estimates are higher) and it has an estimated payload capacity of 1.6-1.7 tons. The missile uses lightweight composite casing materials. Further weight saving (if feasible) through more extensive use of durable lightweight materials could potentially increase its range (if needed) or maximum payload. Iran has demonstrated its ability to produce carbon-based composite materials for their missiles (RVs, motor, casing etc.) on an economical scale already (e.g. Dezful, Raad-500).

Equipped with a MaRV or MIRV derived from the Emad or Khorramshahr this mobile Iranian fast-response Pukguksong-2 would add another robust layer of deterrence for Iran by enabling it to quickly strike any land-based static target in the region with multiple warheads (3x ~500 kg) per missile and possibly even sea-based targets in the future.

pukguksong-2-line3.gif
analysis_6.jpg

Sure the follow on of the Sejil will do so: Composite or full carbon fiber casing + MaRV maybe multiple.
Sejil is more than a decade.
However it wont be the same as North Koreas, they have different requirements.

^ He is referring to this claim:
"The source also added 'the group's fighters receive intensive military training on most types of weapons under the supervision of Iranian advisers,' noting that they are also receive 'training on short-range and long-range smart missiles with a range of more than 500 km [310 miles], as well as courses on how to storm government facilities and camps and carry out abductions.'"
Source: https://www.memri.org/reports/iran-...group-league-revolutionaries-target-us-forces

are you SIRUCE???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are fighting isis lol
are you use druge ? its so shocking people usa fighting (stealing oil killing people of iraq and syria .helping isis leader sending them to afghanistan to fight taliban bombing who fight isis murdering cammonder of army who fight isis)
its so damn fighting isis good job usa terror force

Who you think turn the tide against ISIS in Iraq so quickly? Sure as well wasn't the Iranians.

Who you think turn the tide against ISIS in Iraq so quickly? Sure as well wasn't the Iranians.

You're right, It was the Iraqi PMU that showed up with Iranian backing to stop them on the ground. While USAF was key to winning the war completely, PMU was key to halting them advancing to baghdad.

You're right, It was the Iraqi PMU that showed up with Iranian backing to stop them on the ground. While USAF was key to winning the war completely, PMU was key to halting them advancing to baghdad.

Along with U.S. special forces, artillery, helos, etc. along with air support. Wouldn't have retaken the territory in few months without.

Along with U.S. special forces, artillery, helos, etc. along with air support. Wouldn't have retaken the territory in few months without.

It took alot longer than a few months, but I mentioned USAF which pretty much covers most of it. Except artillery as you mentioned, and of course the special operators to guide them.

It took alot longer than a few months, but I mentioned USAF which pretty much covers most of it. Except artillery as you mentioned, and of course the special operators to guide them.
why ISIS resurgence in Iraq now that US troops are preparing to exit Iraq? seems suspicious.

I cannot trust that US does not coordinate with ISIS AT ALL. sorry.

well if US contributed all that then why did IRaqis have to fight for their lives and country(literally) when fighting ISIS? yo're exaggerating the effectiveness of what US military did.

I say this also beacuse most wars are determined byt what happens on the ground. US was in the sky, as normal, so that obviously didnt turn the tides. tide in war is always determined by who controls the ground. IF not for Iranian support to PMU AND the PMU, ISIS Would have run over Baghdad, and US would've been happy, so pls give US half credit....

If US military is so strong why would it not be able to smash ISIS in a short time like few months?

why ISIS resurgence in Iraq now that US troops are preparing to exit Iraq? seems suspicious.

I cannot trust that US does not coordinate with ISIS AT ALL. sorry.

well if US contributed all that then why did IRaqis have to fight for their lives and country(literally) when fighting ISIS? yo're exaggerating the effectiveness of what US military did.

I say this also beacuse most wars are determined byt what happens on the ground. US was in the sky, as normal, so that obviously didnt turn the tides. tide in war is always determined by who controls the ground. IF not for Iranian support to PMU AND the PMU, ISIS Would have run over Baghdad, and US would've been happy, so pls give US half credit....

If US military is so strong why would it not be able to smash ISIS in a short time like few months?
They r here for back door weapon Selling and sponsoring the war...

ISIS actively used Americans stuffs.

you know , clearly you repeat what US maine stream news feeding your tiny brain you should apply for a job in Fox news bulshit factory,never know you might get the job that Boulton had . you have your head so far up your backside that I don't know if you can be saved , your comment shows you have the wrong knowledge and perception of the situation .

Back
Top Bottom