What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

For all the doubters and haters

An IRGC drone filmed the whole event, maybe we will see it in few days, weeks, years...who knows

I personally doubt we will see it very soon, I think IRGC holds the "evidence" back as leverage

But rest assured, this was theyr most important base and they were humiliated

And Iran just used its first course regarding its "military capabilities", just a slap..
We've seen the impact.....is it important to see the videos of impact?!

I don't talk about numbers but General Hajizadehs post strike statements are credible: Plans to counter a possible U.S retaliation with several hundred (~200) on that night and further plans for a limited skirmish of 3-7 days with several thousands (2000-3000).
With 28 major U.S bases in the region that would be about 10 missiles per base on that night with same damage as on ain al-assad and a total of 100 per base within ~4-5 days.

This gives an idea of the size of the whole arsenal and the destruction a 10 times larger strike as on ain al-assad would have caused.

Now one can guess what portion of the strategic arsenal would be used in a limited skirmish, 50%? 30%? 10%? 5%?

That is truly terrifying, the sheer amount of damage that many BM's could do is insane.

Thank you again for your input!!

We've seen the impact.....is it important to see the videos of impact?!

I'm assuming the videos can shed more light on what was destroyed so we can get better closure on the entire event.

We will be able to discern for ourselves who was telling the truth and who was fudging the numbers.

Your arms control analyst here is IISS, and if I'm not mistaken, the guy behind that claim recently estimated Fatehs on ain al-assad to have a CEP of 100m... this man lives in the past.

I have credible open source information on Sejil being operational, but no need to share it here.

Yavar has insider knowledge, someone from the information side. I'm a technical analyst with good confidence on Iranian capabilities compared to IISS kind guys.

Again you are moving the goalposts and twisting my words and that same time changing your own. It’s a shame really.

Nobody said that Sejil was “not operational”, I merely said it was likely not built in enough numbers (more of a strategic weapon) and if never reached major serial mass production. I wouldn’t be surprised if less than 100 Sejil exist.

If you look at Sejil development from Ashura to Sejill to Sejil 2 it was all in rapid succession of 3 years (2006-2008) then POOF nothing heard of ever again. No Sejil 3 no newer generation. Iran’s solid fuel program has moved into a different direction based on Shahrud missile facility photos.

And no my source(s) was not IISS, but thank you for assuming. I been following Iran’s missile development since 2000, so I know how to filter propaganda sources. Sejill disappearance is well known to many people who followed after its unveiling.

And if you believe Yavar has “insider” information (I cant count how many times his “predictions” were wrong on IMF to the point he was almost a pro-Iran version of Babak) then that is sad. I am disappointed as I felt you were highly knowledgeable person (and still are in certain fields).

But in the past few weeks I am starting to see you move more towards non-biased viewpoints that borderline fanboyism.

But let’s agree to disagree on this matter. Time will tell who is right.

1. I said some missiles might have not had a warhead. Not a “cement warhead”

2. Casualty numbers are still zero. Yesterday I noted some soldiers experienced concussion symptoms from shockwaves.

I swear the Iranian fanboys here are almost as bad as the Pakistani fan
https://media.khabaronline.ir/d/2020/01/16/0/5328037.mp4
see and listen they have ziro right news like yourself .their soldiers vanish from earth by ET FROM AL-ASAD BASE

Again you are moving the goalposts and twisting my words and that same time changing your own. It’s a shame really.

Nobody said that Sejil was “not operational”, I merely said it was likely not built in enough numbers (more of a strategic weapon) and if never reached major serial mass production. I wouldn’t be surprised if less than 100 Sejil exist.

If you look at Sejil development from Ashura to Sejill to Sejil 2 it was all in rapid succession of 3 years (2006-2008) then POOF nothing heard of ever again. No Sejil 3 no newer generation. Iran’s solid fuel program has moved into a different direction based on Shahrud missile facility photos.

And no my source(s) was not IISS, but thank you for assuming. I been following Iran’s missile development since 2000, so I know how to filter propaganda sources. Sejill disappearance is well known to many people who followed after its unveiling.

And if you believe Yavar has “insider” information (I cant count how many times his “predictions” were wrong on IMF to the point he was almost a pro-Iran version of Babak) then that is sad. I am disappointed as I felt you were highly knowledgeable person (and still are in certain fields).

But in the past few weeks I am starting to see you move more towards non-biased viewpoints that borderline fanboyism.

But let’s agree to disagree on this matter. Time will tell who is right.

Generally ground crews for liquid missiles must train regulary to retain their skills. Sejil-like missiles are much easier to handle with less training requirements.

Sejil is a time critical strike asset, probably mainly meant to attack enemy active defenses. Hence yes, it's numbers are naturally lower than Iran's liquid workhorses. But the rumour about Iran's inability to produce them started with IISS IIRC.

Whether Yavars info is legit or mixed with misinformation is for anybody to judge. I'm a tech. analyst, not a insider.

really really big big news for Iran missile power with the new Arash space engines which until last year (2019) only was built by US alone but now Iran ( by successfully testing its first Arash engine in 2019 ) is the second power to build that kind of engines.

@PeeD

Iran achieves knowledge of building space engines: ISRC head

561430c29dd7cc16008bfbec

He said the new achievement includes the design and development of various versions of “Arash space engine” the first sample of which was tested successfully late 2019.

“Arash space engine will be put in the orbital transfer system to help thrust satellites from the low orbit into the high orbit.”

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/154663/Iran-achieves-knowledge-of-building-space-engines-ISRC-head

Isnt it to big for a Sat? If the thinest cables in that pic are only 1 cm thick, then the complete Engine is bigger than 3 meter.

Relevant to this thread:

Now two technical details on these two ABM systems and the two types of Iranian missiles used in the operation:

Patriot PAC-3 is the system able to engage both.

THAAD is the system able to engage the Qiam-2 when it is outside the atmosphere.

THAAD can't engagement Fateh series relaiably because these gliders operate in upper atmospheric layers, at which the unshrouded non-aerodynamic IIR seeker of the THAAD can't be used due to the dynamic pressure and thermal issues.
However it should perform much better than the PAC-3 against Qiam series when they are still outside the atmosphere. In that case it can protect a wider area with reasonable PK. Here Qiam may only have decoys as defensive measure.

The PAC-3 can engage both but it's PK and protected area can be severely limited if Iran's MaRV and terminally guided missiles do random F-pole energy bleeding manouvers. The kinematic disadvantage such endo-atmispheric interceptors already have is only increased when F-pole manouvers are performed.
The vertical strike trajectory of the Qiam creates further problems for interception.

Do Iranian missiles such evasive manouvers? Unknown, but technically well possible. Result for PAC-3 would be that it becomes a point-defense ABM system that may be able to protect as base like ain al-assad with a PK that makes any kind of economic sense.

A system like the THAAD and it's incredibly expensive X-band large aperture AESA forbid it to be available in sufficient numbers, even for the U.S defence budget.

they said its for bigger satellites ones that are placed in high orbite
Isnt it to big for a Sat? If the thinest cables in that pic are only 1 cm thick, then the complete Engine is bigger than 3 meter.
that's an example of modern journalism . the engine in the photo is a cryo engine .certainly not an engine for satellite. That belong to a powerful SLV .

that's an example of modern journalism . the engine in the photo is a cryo engine .certainly not an engine for satellite. That belong to a powerful SLV .
and the article it self dose not say if the engine is a SLV engine or some type of Spacecraft propulsion engine

Well, thats the main problem with journalism all over the world...

جالب است بدانیم در این عملیات سپاه پاسداران از کلاهک‌های پلاسمایی برای موشک‌های خود استفاده کرد که جاذب امواج راداری بوده و آمریکایی‌های قادر به رهگیری آنها نیستند. چه اینکه در طول این عملیات آمریکایی‌‌ها حتی یک تیر هم به سمت موشک‌های ایرانی شلیک نکردند.

There is a report in Tasnim news agency saying that Plasma warheads were used, which absorb radar waves and therefore can not be tracked. Thus why their Patriots didnt even react.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/...-مهم-bbc-در-گزارش-6-دقیقه-ای-درباره-عین-الاسد

Back
Top Bottom