What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

total bullshit, and coming from the US who actually violated UNSCR 2231!
its been 2 years. welcome back khoramshahr

170922-iran-parade-mc-931_d3f14b4007785ff05785a2a874ad6ac8.fit-760w.JPG

this is U.S. Secretary of Defense Gen. Jim Mattis this is opinion on test his bas seen classified satellite imagery and telemetric of the test
He doesn't say anything useful about the launch I don't know why you shared this....

"violated the sense of the UNSCR" - I wonder what he would call the US reimposing sanctions and actually violating UNSCR 2231.

He doesn't say anything useful about the launch I
multiple warheads. he's been briefed before he showed up in public venue
they are confirming that we have MRV technology and we have it in service as we speak,
so meaning the Israel .US missile defense are useless

and watch the video from 0:53 he answers your question

multiple warheads.
they are confirming that we have MRV technology and we have it in service as we speak,
Where in your video did Mattis say that? He doesn't even say the words 'multiple warheads', the reporter just asks him about Pompeo's statement and Mattis clearly doesn't know much about it because he just talks about general useless things like 'strategic threat of Iran could grow' blah blah

No confirmation that the launch was successful this time, and I don't think Khorramshahr itself has MIRV, just that it introduces that capability in the future because it is much bigger

Where in your video did Mattis say that? He doesn't even say the words 'multiple warheads',
tomorrow Pompeo is going to be on Fox and specify going to talk about Iran missile launch.
maybe then we get evidence

I don't think Khorramshahr itself has MIRV,
MRV not MIRV

watch the video from 0:53 he answers your question and look at his body language

watch from 0:05

tomorrow Pompeo is going to be on Fox and specify going to talk about Iran missile launch.
maybe then we get evidence
that is his job to exaggerate and fear-monger about Iran, so we cannot believe everything he says, he has an interest to exaggerate Iran's military abilities
MRV not MIRV
in the video the reporter says "multiple independent warheads" but now you say MRV not MIRV?

I interpret Mattis' answer as not really knowing much, I think if he knew more he would want to talk about it to exaggerate, like this US administration if Iran sneezes they make tweets and press conference about it, so Mattis not talking about it in the video I think is because he doesn't know, rather than he doesn't want to say...

Iran having MRV technology is not groundbreaking since even the Shahab family could carry cluster warheads for a number of years.

MIRV is useless with iran’s current missiles and the fact they carry conventional warheads. MIRV only makes sense in the case of nuclear warheads.

multiple warheads. he's been briefed before he showed up in public venue

and watch the video from 0:53 he answers your question
MIRV not MRV...and thing is that this missile payload is 1800kg...so in practice it can carry 3 independent 700kg warheads and hit 3 different targets...of coursethere is no informaton how many wargeads it can carry and wight of every warhead...but we know max payload and iran already has 700kg warheads so I suppose it makes sense to consider they will use currently available warheads. Iran had MIRV technology for quite some time but in practice I think it makes sense to deliver conventional warheads only with khoramshahr,at least at max range...Other Iranian missilecan deliver much less weight at max range...

Last edited:
MIRV not MRV...and thing is that this missile payload is 1800kg...so in practice it can carry 3 independent 700kg warheads and hit 3 different targets...of coursethere is no informaton how many wargeads it can carry and wight of every warhead...but we know max payload and iran already has 700kg warheads so I suppose it makes sense to consider they will use currently available warheads. Iran had MIRV technology for quite some time but in practice I think it makes sense to deliver conventional warheads only with khoramshahr,at least at max range...Other Iranian missilecan deliver much less weight at max range...

In practice it can be a MIRV if Qiam-2 or Emad like warheads are used. However in classical sense it is a MRV as of now, because Iran has not demonstrated a bus system.

If there is no need for a quite expensive bus system it won't be fielded because the conventional nature of Irans MRBMs required a cost effective system.
The Khorramshar may not have a bus system but the unusual maneuver done in the first public test shows that it does (bus-system like) re-orienting related maneuvers once outside the atmosphere.

At this point I'm even quite certain that the whole missile flips 180° which technologically is similar to what a bus does in terms of system control.

A real MIRV with a bus would have the advantage that further apart targets can be attacked which could potentially make exo-atmospheric interception more difficult. A MRV without bus could still do the job of a MIRV with guided warheads as demonstrated by the Qiam and Emad, starting to diverge to intended targets at re-entry to the atmosphere. This concept of course required the price of 3 independent guidance system for each RV.

Attachments

• Khorramshahr.jpg
    Khorramshahr.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 26
In practice it can be a MIRV if Qiam-2 or Emad like warheads are used. However in classical sense it is a MRV as of now, because Iran has not demonstrated a bus system.

If there is no need for a quite expensive bus system it won't be fielded because the conventional nature of Irans MRBMs required a cost effective system.
The Khorramshar may not have a bus system but the unusual maneuver done in the first public test shows that it does (bus-system like) re-orienting related maneuvers once outside the atmosphere.

At this point I'm even quite certain that the whole missile flips 180° which technologically is similar to what a bus does in terms of system control.

A real MIRV with a bus would have the advantage that further apart targets can be attacked which could potentially make exo-atmospheric interception more difficult. A MRV without bus could still do the job of a MIRV with guided warheads as demonstrated by the Qiam and Emad, starting to diverge to intended targets at re-entry to the atmosphere. This concept of course required the price of 3 independent guidance system for each RV.

I think a PVB version of the khoramshahr will likely be for delivery (1or2 warheads) against targets beyond 2000km like hitting Diego Garcia but for within 2000km deploying 3 Emad RV's maybe even with a bunch of decoys will likely work best against anti ballistic missile systems because the more projectiles you force them to track post boost and attempt to target and engage the harder it will be for any Air Defense system.

I think Iran will eventually test out both regardless...

Back
Top Bottom