What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

but every other missile is being improved all the time, why no improvements and when was last test firing of sejjil 2?

Not too long ago, BT talked about success in enhancing the warheads terminal accuracy of our 2000km missiles like Sejjil-2. Other than that, the design of the missile was a success.

500 of the most expensive missiles ($400,000) = $200m, so presumably the most expensive ones are 2000km range

The price ($400K) likely does not include the fuel cost(Liquid), storage & upkeep costs, training costs,....
For any country buying American weapons the AiM-9X air to air missile costs ~$600k USD so in terms of cost choosing 500 MRBM over a single F-15 clearly makes sense but only up to a point because even if Iran increases it's MRBM's accuracy to 50 meters it still doesn't make up for Iran's requirement of both strike aircraft and air superiority fighters that are equipped with various types of newer and smarter weapons. Today technologically we are already at a point where a single fighter can deploy as many as 40 or more independently powered smart munitions where the munitions don't even need to penetrate an aircraft bunker and can simply fly inside or even stock their target

And I believe the only thing that could possibly remove Iran's need for manned fighter jets in the future is Quantum com's that will make manned fighters obsolete when compared with newer gen UCAV's.

As for the Sejil-2 for how many years is Iran spose to repeatedly test a proven booster? Iran started testing the missile in 2007 with it's 1st successful test in 2009 and we have had repeated launches since.

As for the Sejil-2 for how many years is Iran spose to repeatedly test a proven booster? Iran started testing the missile in 2007 with it's 1st successful test in 2009 and we have had repeated launches since.
3-4 launches of the sejil 2 in total in about 10 years? they should keep making improvements and show mass production of it or something (or rather it would be nice if they did)

3-4 launches of the sejil 2 in total in about 10 years? they should keep making improvements and show mass production of it or something (or rather it would be nice if they did)
Lack of launches might not be a technical issue but a political one. Iran testing advanced IRBM is considered provocative these days.just sayin..

My guess Sejil 2 was created and production line was fulfilled. It is probably more expensive than an ghadr missile. Thus only a limited amount was produced.

Thus the missile was stored away likely in iran’s silos for first strike attacks in case of war. It was replacing the liquid Shahab-3’s that were on stand-by in the silos.

I don’t think there will be a Sejil-3. I think the Kermanshah missile shows that the next evolution is to go for larger diameter missiles
That is if Iran is trying to develop longer range and eventual ICBM missiles.

I don’t think there will be a Sejil-3. I think the Kermanshah missile shows that the next evolution is to go for larger diameter missiles
That is if Iran is trying to develop longer range and eventual ICBM missiles.
you mean khorramshahr missile

why not use sejjil 2 as test bed to increase diameter of a proven solid fuel indigenous platform, instead of switching to a whole new design (khorramshahr), which failed its first test and seems to be based on hwasong 10 (which has a terrible record in testing for NK)?

i don't think bigger diameter and bigger missiles is for ICBM, i think it's for MIRV warheads

you mean khorramshahr missile

why not use sejjil 2 as test bed to increase diameter of a proven solid fuel indigenous platform, instead of switching to a whole new design (khorramshahr), which failed its first test and seems to be based on hwasong 10 (which has a terrible record in testing for NK)?

i don't think bigger diameter and bigger missiles is for ICBM, i think it's for MIRV warheads

Diameter of missiles:

Sejill 2: 1.25-1.5 m
Minutemen III ICBM: 1.7 m
Samat ICBM: 3 m
DF-31: 2.25 m
Agni-VI: 2 m
Hwasong-15: 2.4

As you can see most ICBMs carry significantly more powerful engine clusters than what Iran currently possesses especially in solid fuel category.

For Iran to achieve ICBM capability I would expect diameter of an Iranian ICBM to be at least 2.25-2.5 m similar to what other countries have fielded.

because a bigger diameter solid fuel missile need a bigger diameter solid fuel engine and unlike liquid fuel engines you can't strap 4 of them to each other. and probably test of such engines that martyred Tehrani moghadam

because a bigger diameter solid fuel missile need a bigger diameter solid fuel engine and unlike liquid fuel engines you can't strap 4 of them to each other. and probably test of such engines that martyred Tehrani moghadam
ah I didn't know that difference between scaling up solid vs liquid fuel missiles. makes sense to go for bigger liquid fuel missiles first then, sepas

3647774_744.jpg

262045_871.jpg

3647758_985.jpg

139198_158.jpg

zelzal

Tehrani’s death was either a foreign assination attempt or just Iranian negligence.

His presence at the military base was entirely coincidental. Allegedly a static discharge caused a ignition in one of the missiles leading to chain reaction at the nearby storage of other missiles.

Besides the death of Tehrani, it remains to be seen how many other missile engineers died that day and how vital they were to the program.

Unfortunately, it appears that the loss of life has lead to stagnation in Iranian missile development. While allegedly Iran’s excuse is that they are focusing on improving accuracy of existing missiles, something tells me they have suffered a significant setback in long range BM development due to that incident.

The satellite photos taken right after the explosion in Bidgoneh clearly proved the assassination theory. All buildings were exploded internally; while the test site was at least one kilometer far from the explosion.

Tehrani’s death was either a foreign assination attempt or just Iranian negligence.

His presence at the military base was entirely coincidental. Allegedly a static discharge caused a ignition in one of the missiles leading to chain reaction at the nearby storage of other missiles.

Besides the death of Tehrani, it remains to be seen how many other missile engineers died that day and how vital they were to the program.

Unfortunately, it appears that the loss of life has lead to stagnation in Iranian missile development. While allegedly Iran’s excuse is that they are focusing on improving accuracy of existing missiles, something tells me they have suffered a significant setback in long range BM development due to that incident.
When it comes to further strategic solid fuel missile developments I think you`re right,however when it comes to liquid fueled missiles the lack of further development and testing [khorramshahr] seems to be purely political.

Back
Top Bottom