What's new

Iranian cars ... Gonna buy if available?

All the new cars official fuel consumptions are total B.S. My old 2018 Audi A4 was supposed to have a 5l/100km, but in reality it was 6.5.
in city consumption is higher , also the fuel consumption is calculated on flat road at a specific speed if you go higher or lower the fuel consumption change , if the road is mountainous or have too much turn , the fuel consumption go up, if wind come from front it again go higher.

In Japan Honda N-Box was the best selling car :D (700cc and 60 hp ):partay:
2014_honda-n-box.jpg
I have always said Japanese are weird people with strange taste

Looks good to this old man but I still like my Jeep!..the taste of the new generation of young people boggles my mind but hey that is why it is called taste..

Gas consumption/kilometer should not be an issue in Iran where petroleum is 5 cents per liter..or is it!..I do not know the answer to that one.
sadly in Iran there is no new jeep or car in that class all you see are at least 20 years old

Looks good to this old man but I still like my Jeep!..the taste of the new generation of young people boggles my mind but hey that is why it is called taste..

Gas consumption/kilometer should not be an issue in Iran where petroleum is 5 cents per liter..or is it!..I do not know the answer to that one.
It matters when you want to export them to other countries

Japanese economic car from 2011 ( I think )
Mazda-Demio.jpg

Iranian economic car ( God knows the price for Iranians ):partay:
5797096.jpg

Italian economic car:enjoy:
abarth-500e-2023-5.jpg

New model of Saipa (which is a joint project with IKCO) is called Pazh/Paaj ? پاژ

Based on looks how do you rate it ?
View attachment 911918View attachment 911919View attachment 911920View attachment 911921
average wage in iran is 10,000,000 tomans ... they probably will sell it with initial prize of 500,000,000 toman and then will proceed to 1,000,000,000 toman in span of 1-2 years ....

so its not effort able for most of Iranians ... also , the spare parts are shits ...

Yes Just checked again there are a few cars that capable of lower than 4 liter per 100 km or 60 MPG. but some of the best selling cars around the world are in 4.2-6.5 liter fuel usage range (55-36 MPG).

I wonder what Chinese car makers are doing that they are taking market share of other brands.
....................................................................................................................................................................

According to
Fiat/Abarth 500 was number 4 of best selling cars in Europe.:rolleyes:

View attachment 911910

In Japan Honda N-Box was the best selling car :D (700cc and 60 hp ):partay:
View attachment 911912

In 2021, China continued to lead the global automotive market, with 26.27 million vehicles sold, and this status quo is likely to continued in 2022. The US remained second at 15.4 million vehicles, followed by Japan at 4.44 million units.

India's sales of new vehicles totalled at least 4.25 million units, based on preliminary results, topping the 4.2 million sold in Japan.
Jesus Christ that thing is ugly

Venezuela: From January 20 to 23, 1,000 SAINA brand vehicles will be arriving in Venezuela, and today 2,000 IKCO brand vehicles are being shipped, which will leave in February for Venezuela and will be available to the people at an affordable price.
1,000 Iranian-made SAIPA vehicles have arrived in Venezuela.
By February, 2,000 IKCO-branded vehicles will arrive

Iranian cars Saipa Quik, Saina and Shahin go to Russia and Belarus.
Sales start in about three months
View attachment 915190
https://digitnews.in/iranian-cars-s...-to-russia-sales-start-in-about-three-months/
I like to buy a Shahin ( although I dotn't have moeny ) , but currently the engine is not good enough ...

next year they will unveil M16 engine with improved feature and power ; if it is good , then it can easily beat both Dena and Tara of IKCO ...

my ideal configuration is Shahin with engine power of 120-150 hp and CVT automatic gear box ...

Belarus could again produce Iranian cars
https://av.by/news/iranskie_mashiny_mogut_snova_proizvodit_v_rb

Iranian cars can again be produced in our country (Belarus) This was stated in an interview by Said Yari Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the Republic of Belarus.
- Next week, on Tuesday, Iran's Deputy Minister of Industry, Mines and Trade will arrive in Minsk, representatives of various Iranian auto industries will be part of the delegation. And negotiations are expected in the field of automobile production and assembly in Minsk. We hope this visit will be the beginning of the resumption of relations in the field of joint vehicle assembly and production,” the Iranian diplomat said. He noted that the eastern state is negotiating with Belarus on a number of joint projects, and one of them is the assembly of cars in our republic. The plans are quite extensive - with access to the markets of countries - members of the EAEU and West Asian states.

We see this as a joint production for the assembly of these vehicles for further use both in the domestic market and in the markets of third countries of the Eurasian Economic Union, as well as Western Asia. I think that just now the Belarusian car market also requires cars from friendly countries to fill it. What happened in the past is like an experience for a new successful start to the future,” said Said Yari.

Iran Khodro Samand cars (the model was created as a result of cooperation with the French automaker Peugeot) have been produced in Belarus since 2006 at the facilities of Unison CJSC in the village of Obchak near Minsk. Production was curtailed in 2013 due to the global financial crisis.

Recall also that in early February it became known that the Iranian brand is going to enter the domestic market with the Saipa Quik hatchback, Saina and Shahin sedans. The cars will be with us in about three months.

Otokar's 'Sultans' to be manufactured in Iran

autowp.ru_otokar_sultan_maxi_1.jpg

Used in over 40 countries, the "Sultan" buses of Otokar, one of the subsidiaries of Koç Group, will now be manufactured in Iran. In accordance with the agreement signed with Iranian OGHAB, the assembly, sale and marketing activities of the Sultan buses will be conducted by OGHAB.

According to a statement made by the company, Otokar will export technology and licenses to Iran for the Sultan buses, which operate under the "Navigo" brand in other countries including France, Germany, Italy and Spain. Otakar, which has been operating within the sector for over 50 years, signed a technology and license agreement with OGHAB Afshan Industrial and Manufacturing for the production of the Sultan buses. The said agreement indicates that the buses will be exported to Iran in a completely knocked down (CKD) state and their assembly, sales and marketing activities will be conducted by OGHAB. The agreement will be valid for three years, and can be extended for two more years in accordance with the demands of the both parties. OGHAB will pay a 500,000 euro license fee to Otokar under the signed technology transfer agreement. In addition to CKD purchases, OGHAB will pay royalties in varying amounts for each localized item to be procured from Iran in place of Otokar in the future.

http://www.dailysabah.com/automotive/2016/12/20/otokars-sultans-to-be-manufactured-in-iran

How is this going by the way? Is it a common occurrance to see an Iranian licenced Otokar Sultan on the roads? How common are they?

interurban-busOTOKAR-SULTAN-MEGA---1520939248835499192_big--18031313034417993300.jpg

Has anybody driven one? Thoughts?

They are everywhere in Turkey, I've even driven one.

How is this going by the way? Is it a common occurrance to see an Iranian licenced Otokar Sultan on the roads? How common are they?

interurban-busOTOKAR-SULTAN-MEGA---1520939248835499192_big--18031313034417993300.jpg

Never seen one

we usually see products based on Scania and Volvo, in older day they used Mercedess Benz products . but probably its part of look to east policy and they are diversifying

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom