What's new

Russians reluctantly embrace Chinese cars after Western brands depart

I doubt Chinese EV is "THE BEST" in the world out there, the best bang for their buck maybe, but absolutely not the best, the best would be either Merc EQ or Audi e-Tron. But that's reserved for people who had 100G or more.

If you can fork out around 50K, then you will most likely goes with Tesla, Chinese EV are for those who can't afford a toyota Camry but wanted to drive a EV, well, at least it is what Chinese EV here in Australia.

And I doubt Chinese EV car can dominate the world in the next 10 years, it's lucky if they get to equal share to the Tesla or the like Dominate would mean at least 50% of the world EV are from China, which I very much doubt they can achieve that in just 10 years.
Yeah yeah yeah. Fact is you hate China and can’t handle facts.

I don’t have time to dish out the facts for you, there is an endless trove of data and information online that support my assertions.

Yeah yeah yeah. Fact is you hate China and can’t handle facts.

I don’t have time to dish out the facts for you, there is an endless trove of data and information online that support my assertions.
Dude, so you are saying a BYD or a MG EV is better IN EVERY WAY than a Merc EQ or Audi e-Tron?? And if I have hundreds of tthousand of dollars to spend, I should get a BYD or MG EV instead of a Merc EQ or e-Tron??

Dude, this is not about hating China, this is about logic.......

FACT is, majority of Chinese EV brand sales are in China, not in the world, and you aren't talking about China only, your point is China EV are going to dominate the world.

This is Top 10 EV sale in the world

Even tho, 9 out of 10 in that list is Chinese company, most of those sale are in China, because China have sold 5.67 million EV and HEV in 2022.

Nobody here in Australia would go for a MG or BYD (They aren't even selling them here) if they can afford a Tesla or other Brand. that's fact, whether you believe or not is up to you.

Last edited:
Dude, so you are saying a BYD or a MG EV is better IN EVERY WAY than a Merc EQ or Audi e-Tron?? And if I have hundreds of tthousand of dollars to spend, I should get a BYD or MG EV instead of a Merc EQ or e-Tron??

Didn't you hear the video?
It is obvius that in ICE Germany's technology win, for EV China's technology win.

FACT is, majority of Chinese EV brand sales are in China, not in the world, and you aren't talking about China only, your point is China EV are going to dominate the world.

This is Top 10 EV sale in the world

Even tho, 9 out of 10 in that list is Chinese company, most of those sale are in China, because China have sold 5.67 million EV and HEV in 2022.

Nobody here in Australia would go for a MG or BYD (They aren't even selling them here) if they can afford a Tesla or other Brand. that's fact, whether you believe or not is up to you.
You think those are the only two brands in China? They are more midrange brands there are EV brands like Nio which are more high end. Literally China has scores of EV brands and they are just getting started with capturing foreign markets.

Talk to me again in 5-10 years we will see who is right. You’re honestly a stubborn and biased individual so there is no point in having this discussion.

You think those are the only two brands in China? They are more midrange brands there are EV brands like Nio which are more high end. Literally China has scores of EV brands and they are just getting started with capturing foreign markets.

Talk to me again in 5-10 years we will see who is right. You’re honestly a stubborn and biased individual so there is no point in having this discussion.
dude it didn't matter how many EV brand in China, you are saying they are better than the top one in the world in every single way possible to the like of Jaguar i pace, BMW iX, merc EQ, audi e-tron just to name a few. That's absurd no matter how you spin it. You are talking about THE BEST CAR, toyota outsell BMW or Ferrari, but which one do you think is the best? Let alone Chinese EV sale are basically dismal in the world at this point.

This is not about being stubborn, again, this is about logic, you don't have a brand in the foreign market, yes, China are doing what they should do to break it outside China by buying foreign brand, but until one of those traditional car maker giant being bought by the Chinese, there aren't not too much in road.. Do you know BYD sold 2.13 million EV in China last year, guess how many they are selling in the world??

You are talking about the world, not just in China, out here, we have a choice, if I have a choice between Tesla or BYD, there are no way I will go with a BYD if I can afford a Tesla, and I can easily afford a Tesla here.

Anyway the fact is that China has found a gap and filled it. I love the Chinese business model.
The Turks will try to sell EV cars to Russia too.
Nowadays Russians buy every garbage because they don’t make cars. Does Russia produce anything?

The Turks will try to sell EV cars to Russia too.
Nowadays Russians buy every garbage because they don’t make cars. Does Russia produce anything?
What garbage do Vietnam and Germany prodeuce these days ?

dude it didn't matter how many EV brand in China, you are saying they are better than the top one in the world in every single way possible to the like of Jaguar i pace, BMW iX, merc EQ, audi e-tron just to name a few. That's absurd no matter how you spin it. You are talking about THE BEST CAR, toyota outsell BMW or Ferrari, but which one do you think is the best? Let alone Chinese EV sale are basically dismal in the world at this point.

This is not about being stubborn, again, this is about logic, you don't have a brand in the foreign market, yes, China are doing what they should do to break it outside China by buying foreign brand, but until one of those traditional car maker giant being bought by the Chinese, there aren't not too much in road.. Do you know BYD sold 2.13 million EV in China last year, guess how many they are selling in the world??

You are talking about the world, not just in China, out here, we have a choice, if I have a choice between Tesla or BYD, there are no way I will go with a BYD if I can afford a Tesla, and I can easily afford a Tesla here.
Sure bud. Just keep blowing your lungs out.

Sure, Richard Hammond said so, then it must be the best,

Then I guess Holden Monaro is the best Muscle Car in the world then

Is this even an argument to begin with?

Or was it actually Crotian Car maker Rimac is better than a Lambo??

There is Rolex and then there is Casio. Both sell watches, both have markets. Just so happens, both target different segments of market. Same thing goes for automobile sector.

You will live in a pod, You will eat bugs,
You will share a Chinese car, You will own a Chinese phone,

It is destined.

Indian manufacturers like TATA and M&M too should set up shop in RUS.

Regards

I am more than happy to buy a Chinese car IF that car is better than any or every other I can afford, if it's just cheaper, then no.

What garbage do Vietnam and Germany prodeuce these days ?
We don’t make garbage. We make quality cars bro. We make something that our kids, grand kids are proud of.

they sound like cheap petrol cars mostly. guess EVs don't make much sense in Russia, even in China's northeast they require redundant heating for the battery in winter

Back
Top Bottom