What's new

China Makes Cheap Electric Cars; Why Can’t Americans Buy Them? “[The Chinese have] reached a point of manufacturing cars efficiently like phones"

Sure, if you are talking about Africa or India or Cambodia.
Not India, maybe east Europe and latin America, anywhere beside US and west Europe, they are enough to double China's car exports number year on year.

Not India, maybe east Europe and latin America, anywhere beside US and west Europe, they are enough to double China's car exports number year on year.
Again, it's still the same, you are still talking about poor countries...

Dude, did you read what I wrote?

It's not about holding off, it's about you get a better car for me to buy if you want to break into the market. If you can do that I gladly will buy a Chinese EV. If you can't then simply 5000 or 10,000 cheaper is NOT a consideration.

You think only Chinese company can offer an entire supply chain?? For real?
It's pointless to argue price and quality, China now has both, let's wait and see what will happen next year and year after next year.

_20230704094935-png.937642

Again, it's still the same, you are still talking about poor countries...
We don't really care the money we make is from the west or development countries, money is money.

It's pointless to argue price and quality, China now has both, let's wait and see what will happen next year and year after next year.

_20230704094935-png.937642
You still have not answer me the question in what way a BYD is better than a Tesla 3 beside a $12,000 mark down

You still have not answer me the question in what way a BYD is better than a Tesla 3 beside a $12,000 mark down
I don't have an EV and I don't know their specs, but the market is the final judge, let's wait and see what will happen next year and year after next year. Please have some patience.

I don't have an EV and I don't know their specs, but the market is the final judge, let's wait and see what will happen next year and year after next year. Please have some patience.
You can't just go download their spec??

Here, let me help you

You can't just go download their spec??

Here, let me help you

China has many EV and Battery makers, BYD is just one of so many and BYD iteself has many types of cars, the market is the final judge, let's wait and see what will happen next year and year after next year. Please have some patience.

Chinese made cars even under the brand Tesla is bad quality, because parts locally made are poor quality and Tesla cannot control that. That is the reason that nobody outside of China buys them.

China has many EV and Battery makers, BYD is just one of so many and BYD iteself has many types of cars, the market is the final judge, let's wait and see what will happen next year and year after next year. Please have some patience.
Well, I am not the person who are insecure about how Chinese EV perform in the world, well, at least not insecure enough to post an article asking why Cheap Chinese EV cannot break into America.

I am just answering it as a consumer point of view, like it, don't like it, that didn't change anything.

Well, I am not the person who are insecure about how Chinese EV perform in the world, well, at least not insecure enough to post an article asking why Cheap Chinese EV cannot break into America.

I am just answering it as a consumer point of view, like it, don't like it, that didn't change anything.
Posting this means insecurity? Honestly I m pretty confident about China's EVs future, I guess only insecure people will jump in and tries so hard to argue the opposite, I'll mark this thread and talk to you next year to see how things would develop for Chinese EVs. let's have patience.

Posting this means insecurity? Honestly I m pretty confident about China's EVs future, I guess only insecure people will jump in and tries so hard to argue the opposite, I'll mark this thread and talk to you next year to see how things would develop for Chinese EVs. let's have patience.
Well, if i post an article asking why I can't find a girlfriend in the US. That show I am insecure about my manhood and afraid I can't find a girlfriend in the US.

I mean, if you are all secure about Chinese EV future, then why post this article to begin with? So to serve as a notice??

As I said, I answer it as a consumer POV, you like it, don't like it, it didn't work on me. China can be number 1 EV manufacturer in the world and beats everyone for all I care, I drive a car, I don't care where that car came from, as long as that car is THE BEST car I can get within the price range I can afford. Why I have to have patient as I don't really give a shit whether or not Chinese dominate EV market....LOL

Well, if i post an article asking why I can't find a girlfriend in the US. That show I am insecure about my manhood and afraid I can't find a girlfriend in the US.
You can post, I don't care and won't post anything for or against you, Only those we care may have insecurity.

You can speak for yourself but not from the market point of view that most people cannot afford luxury brands end up buying non-luxury brands.

To the point, Kia and Hyundai are next affordable choices for many consumers since most of them cannot afford Toyota and Honda anymore.

If given opportunity, China has wide variety from the affordable brands to the luxurious to offer. Debate is moot since the western countries are afraid to lift off the ban imposed on Chinese brands.

You can speak for yourself but not from the market point of view that most people cannot afford luxury brands end up buying non-luxury brands.

To the point, Kia and Hyundai are next affordable choices for many consumers since most of them cannot afford Toyota and Honda anymore.

If given opportunity, China has wide variety from the affordable brands to the luxurious to offer. Debate is moot since the western countries are afraid to lift off the ban imposed on Chinese brands.
It's a simple fact, really.

If I can afford something, that mean I can buy or choose what to buy. If you tell me I buy this "because it was X amount cheaper" that mean you actually can't afford that particular thing. I remember my econ professor use a very perfect example to illustrate this. If I can afford to buy a Ferrari, I wouldn't wait for it to go on discount before I get it, that's the definition of affordability.

I am not saying such scenario does not exist here in the west, but that is not big enough a trend to carry on the market.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom