What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

http://uupload.ir/files/1p2n_3d_radar_m4.jpg
1p2n_3d_radar_m4.jpg

3D Radar M4
3D Air Surveillance Radar
This three-dimensional air surveillance radar is a tactical, long range, fighter interceptor system with active phase array antenna; early warning; and ECCM capabilities operating in S band. It is developed to meet the primary requirement of the first stage of air defense network. The tactical and mobility feature of the system as well as reducing number of operators and organizations in charge can be regarded as an end user strategy element. Air targets intelligence which is detected by different sensors such as tracking radars , medium and short range radars are transferred to a command and control shelter via a secure network and will be combined in that center.

Features
*Burn Through: concentrating the power in the direction of the active jammer in order to increase the radar range in the direction of the active jammer
*SLB: blanking the active input jamming signals from the side lobe
*SLC: cancelling the active input jamming signals from the side lobe
*Frequency hopping: random selection of radar operating frequency to encounter active and passive jammers
*JATS: smart selection of radar operating frequency by analyzing the active jamming signals
*Pulse Compression: standing against active jammers and providing the radar with capability of low probability interception (LPI)
*CFAR: standing against passive jammers and determining the automatic threshold level.
*Clutter Map: standing against passive jammers and cancelling the surface strong clutter
*Low SLL Antenna: standing against Anti Radiation Missile (ARM) and passive jammers
*Sector Blanking (Transmission Switch off): turning off the transmitter in Standby mode in order to hide radar from interception equipment and also keep it safe against Anti *Radiation Missile (ARM)
*Pulse Doppler Mode: standing against the passive jammers like chaff and better cancellation of volume clutter

http://www.ieimil.ir/products/3d-radar-m4

This Bavar system is a very commendable effort by Iran. Millions of hours of R&D, testing, configuration, modifications and commissioning. It really is about time to induct it in service. Surprised they haven't got a dedicated proper 'package' arrangement for it as the Russian methodology of dedicated off road robust vehicle based systems. Eventually though, it is headed that way. Iran needs to move away from commercial highway tractor/ trailer/ shipping container based systems into more professional dedicated military fit for purpose vehicle design's, like the Russians have.

This Bavar system is a very commendable effort by Iran. Millions of hours of R&D, testing, configuration, modifications and commissioning. It really is about time to induct it in service. Surprised they haven't got a dedicated proper 'package' arrangement for it as the Russian methodology of dedicated off road robust vehicle based systems. Eventually though, it is headed that way. Iran needs to move away from commercial highway tractor/ trailer/ shipping container based systems into more professional dedicated military fit for purpose vehicle design's, like the Russians have.

the zafar and zolijaneh trucks were designed as dedicated off road military vehicles. plus civilian trucks can act as a disguise for military equipment if covered properly.

many Iranian rocket systems and even this Bavar so far are based on commercial lorry trucks chassis. They offer no protection at all, even from small arms fire, and basically no off road capabilities. The least they could do is just copy the Maz-543 or the Luna/ Frog-7 TEL or even the Scud TEL's and develop them further as a basis for local military vehicles. Seeing an Iveco or Mercedes lorry truck is an adhoc solution. Good for paved roads only.

the zafar and zolijaneh trucks were designed as dedicated off road military vehicles. plus civilian trucks can act as a disguise for military equipment if covered properly.

Iran has s300 or s400?

Iran has the S-300 PMU-2

Iran also produces a wide variety of SAM systems
Shahab thaqeb/Herz-9/Ya Zahra (Iranian versions of the Chinese HQ-7 & Crotale)

Shahin/Mersad (Iranian upgraded version of the HAWK)

Raad/3rd of Khordad/Tabas are various Iranian versions of the Russian BuK SAM systems

Sayyad-1 Which is an Iranian version of the Russian SA-2 (Not produced anymore)

Sayyad-2/Talash Which is an Iranian upgraded version of the U.S. SM-1 Standard

139510091438533729574684.jpg

Sayyad 3C which is an upgraded Sayyad-2

And finally the Bavar-373 that's under development and has started testing phase

The 2nd image could have been a game changing Iranian project. To develop a 5th generation F-14 inspired fighter jet. It would
be smaller in size, but as the picture demonstrates would still have swept Wing capability for fast interception during supersonic flight.

Still baffles me today, I still remember what one of the engineers said during the F-313 project. That they offered the Supreme Leader any fighter to reverse engineer in their possession including F-14, but that the SL said to make a brand new fighter.

Then Iran decided to go with F-313, which seemed like a weird version of China’s J-20.

I still think the F-313 would ultimately go under a major revamp if it ever reaches mass production.

But the real reason it won’t get to mass production is that the Iranian airforce is extremely picky about their fighter jets and they won’t commit to a unproven platform. They won’t even accept Chinese fighters do to their inferiority to western and Russian fighters.

Only IRGC is willing to take risks when it comes to new projects.

To develop a 5th generation F-14 inspired fighter jet. It would
be smaller in size, but as the picture demonstrates would still have swept Wing capability for fast interception during supersonic flight.

Wing design has reached a point where a fixed wing on an F-15 can go up to Mach 2.5. And anyway the main reason the F-14 has swing wings was because it was very heavy and needed straight wings to fly slow enough to land on the deck of a carrier.

Wing design has reached a point where a fixed wing on an F-15 can go up to Mach 2.5. And anyway the main reason the F-14 has swing wings was because it was very heavy and needed straight wings to fly slow enough to land on the deck of a carrier.
Well I doubt an f15 deriviate design ever be able to land on a carrier even f35 could not do it without vtol .

By the way I always taught when you land on a carrier you must hit the deck at a reasonably fast speed otherwise if you miss the wire you are heading for a nice diving into ocean because there is no time to power up engine if you are too slow .

Hello..for those people who still don't know ..Iran Military Forum is live ,everyone is welcome to join..forum also has general military forum section for topics non-related to Iran military..also it has non-military forum section...Ther is also suggestion topic opened where users can suggest forum sections for other armed forces or forum section for anything they think we should add.Any way I have few cupons for domains left at my registrar and these are 100% discounts for first year so I would give those domains for free in next few days to our users and users who join in in next few days so I would call anyone who wants free domain for one year ...you need only register and members will be awarded randomly(program will pull user IDs from database)..only requirement is that user has minimum 1 post...Domain extensions available are .it , .pl , .eu , co.uk and also will be one or two newTLDs .Also this is not all I will open giveways for some software licenses and also for online programming academies and few other things...so if you need domain join and register http://iran-military.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom