What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Well I doubt an f15 deriviate design ever be able to land on a carrier even f35 could not do it without vtol .

Actually the F-35C can, but that is besides the point. Carrier capability is not exactly a pressing concern for Iran.

Actually the F-35C can, but that is besides the point. Carrier capability is not exactly a pressing concern for Iran.
Agree that its not a pressing matter for Iran . but don't forget the shorter runway your plane can use to flight then your mission planner can be more creative and its harder for enemy to disable your air force.
By the way not all carrier can be used with f35c your carrier must be able to support airplanes that need CATOBAR equipment and I guess not all of them come with the options it means it can only operate from Nimitz, Gerald R. Ford and Charles du Gaulle and well currently they plane to use it in only Gerald R. Ford.

Hello..for those people who still don't know ..Iran Military Forum is live ,everyone is welcome to join..forum also has general military forum section for topics non-related to Iran military..also it has non-military forum section...Ther is also suggestion topic opened where users can suggest forum sections for other armed forces or forum section for anything they think we should add.Any way I have few cupons for domains left at my registrar and these are 100% discounts for first year so I would give those domains for free in next few days to our users and users who join in in next few days so I would call anyone who wants free domain for one year ...you need only register and members will be awarded randomly(program will pull user IDs from database)..only requirement is that user has minimum 1 post...Domain extensions available are .it , .pl , .eu , co.uk and also will be one or two newTLDs .Also this is not all I will open giveways for some software licenses and also for online programming academies and few other things...so if you need domain join and register http://iran-military.com

Something is wrong with the formatting in the new forum. I have tried to post but it turns my posts into HTML

Something is wrong with the formatting in the new forum. I have tried to post but it turns my posts into HTML
Post some screenshots of the posting editor in this thread and we should be able to help you. You can just send an Imgur link or upload them if the standard method also turns them to HTML.

Post some screenshots of the posting editor in this thread and we should be able to help you. You can just send an Imgur link or upload them if the standard method also turns them to HTML.
Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 6.49.26 AM.png

Hello,nothing is wrong..it is just option "HTML in posts" is allowed and if you copy/paste formated content you just need click source before pasting because when you copy content,it also copy html tags..but I will propably disable HTML in posts any way since no one use it and...also tonight I will add 2 reaponsive themes and some new features

I read that Iranians deployed Air Defense Systems in Syria, allegedly very effective
Curious which one, rumors say 3rd Khordad (RAAD)

36169_172.JPG
And how do they describe effective? What has it shot down? Do you know?

And how do they describe effective? What has it shot down? Do you know?

It is based on the BUK system, go look up BUK system capabilities and track record.

But again the AA system is only as good as the radars it uses to locate and target the enemy along with the competency of the air defense crew.

But anyway rumors are Israel has destroyed Iranian BUK, Tor-M1, and even Bavar 373.

No way to verify claims.

I would expect Iranian BUK variants to make a debut that is realistic. Tor-m1 and Bavar is propaganda. Iran has only a limited amount of Tor systems and they are protecting high value sights in Iran as a last line of defense (since it’s a short range system).

And Bavar is not yet complete and Iran moving a prototype system into a contested war theater would be pretty aggressive move.

It is based on the BUK system, go look up BUK system capabilities and track record.

But again the AA system is only as good as the radars it uses to locate and target the enemy along with the competency of the air defense crew.

But anyway rumors are Israel has destroyed Iranian BUK, Tor-M1, and even Bavar 373.

No way to verify claims.

I would expect Iranian BUK variants to make a debut that is realistic. Tor-m1 and Bavar is propaganda. Iran has only a limited amount of Tor systems and they are protecting high value sights in Iran as a last line of defense (since it’s a short range system).

And Bavar is not yet complete and Iran moving a prototype system into a contested war theater would be pretty aggressive move.
If they have hit any bavar or tor or any other iranian airdefence missile we had seen photos of it just like the pants or photo they spread over the net.

I read that Iranians deployed Air Defense Systems in Syria, allegedly very effective
Curious which one, rumors say 3rd Khordad (RAAD)

36169_172.JPG
They really need to use the vehicle for a system like herz-9 and put 8-10 missile over it instead of 2 missile.

Really a system with only two missiles is really ineffective against modern threats .

If they have hit any bavar or tor or any other iranian airdefence missile we had seen photos of it just like the pants or photo they spread over the net.

They really need to use the vehicle for a system like herz-9 and put 8-10 missile over it instead of 2 missile.

Really a system with only two missiles is really ineffective against modern threats .

That is simply the angle of the picture makes it appear as two, pretty sure most BUKs can carry 4 missiles. And they are meant to operate with other BUKs just like any other air defense system. So if you have 4 or 5 BUKs in a formation, they can target 16-20 targets before reloading.

You are also confusing the purpose of anBUK with a short range system like TOR-M1/Pantsir.

Furthermore, if Israel did target a BUK Iranian variant or Bavar prototype then there would not be pictures. Iran would quickly remove any evidence of the damaged system and since Israel is generally pretty secretive about air strikes they probably wouldn’t release any footage (if they had any).

That is simply the angle of the picture makes it appear as two, pretty sure most BUKs can carry 4 missiles. And they are meant to operate with other BUKs just like any other air defense system. So if you have 4 or 5 BUKs in a formation, they can target 16-20 targets before reloading.

You are also confusing the purpose of anBUK with a short range system like TOR-M1/Pantsir.

Furthermore, if Israel did target a BUK Iranian variant or Bavar prototype then there would not be pictures. Iran would quickly remove any evidence of the damaged system and since Israel is generally pretty secretive about air strikes they probably wouldn’t release any footage (if they had any).
there is no confusing I'm talking about using the vehicle for Herz-9 which can carry only 2 missile
iranian+iran+army+airforce+uav+fighter+jet+sophisticated+air+defence+missile+system+engaging+low-altitude+aircraft.++Minister+General+Ahmad+Vahidi+as+saying+the+new+system%252C+dubbed+Herz-9+or+Talisman-9+in++%25285%2529.jpg

and the video will be taken by the missile itself or the aircraft which fired the missile at the time there wont be any time to remove the remain of the system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom