What's new

Information regarding online Courses

Goritoes

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hey guys, anyone knows some legit online courses websites? I am currently working in Samsung but the position I am in is something I don't like doing it, although my Primary Education is in Business and Finance I want to pursue a Career in IT or IT management, but because I've heard a lot of fake online courses and fake Degree's I am a bit reluctant to put my hard work halal Kamai into a fake degree, can anyone guide me to some websites where I can take online class and proper courses with real Certifications? Jazak Allah

@SQ8 @VCheng @KAL-EL @gambit @dbc @GumNaam @Myth_buster_1 @PakFactor @F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote @JamD

Hey guys, anyone knows some legit online courses websites? I am currently working in Samsung but the position I am in is something I don't like doing it, although my Primary Education is in Business and Finance I want to pursue a Career in IT or IT management, but because I've heard a lot of fake online courses and fake Degree's I am a bit reluctant to put my hard work halal Kamai into a fake degree, can anyone guide me to some websites where I can take online class and proper courses with real Certifications? Jazak Allah

@SQ8 @VCheng @KAL-EL @gambit @dbc @GumNaam @Myth_buster_1 @PakFactor @F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote @JamD

What level courses to start, and towards which final goal?

Edx and Coursera have some fairly decent ones covering a wide gamut of subjects

What level courses to start, and towards which final goal?

I've a Masters in Economics but a fair command over computers, and worked as IT administrator in Pakistan, I am above average with Computers and software's, and anything related to computers I learn quick, my final goal is to be a writer :D but unfortunately I might not get my Goal of becoming a writer so next best thing is to become a IT Professional which has a nice scope in US market and pays decent from what I learn, and its something I enjoy doing it. Currently I am working on GMES of Samsung which is fairly easy to use but they are now moving to SAP for some reason, so If i stick to my job I might be privy to learn SAP but I want to move to a big city for more opportunities, Town I am currently in does not have many jobs.

So I'd say IT is something I want to commit to for now, if you know any IT courses websites that'll help. ( I'd start with Beginners level because although I have knowledge of IT but I don't have a relative degree in it to get a Proper Job, so starting with beginners level certification with strengthen my old knowledge and later on I can move to Advance level courses. )
Edx and Coursera have some fairly decent ones covering a wide gamut of subjects

Are they legit ? they are not like our Exact and other fake online degree's right?

I've a Masters in Economics but a fair command over computers, and worked as IT administrator in Pakistan, I am above average with Computers and software's, and anything related to computers I learn quick, my final goal is to be a writer :D but unfortunately I might not get my Goal of becoming a writer so next best thing is to become a IT Professional which has a nice scope in US market and pays decent from what I learn, and its something I enjoy doing it. Currently I am working on GMES of Samsung which is fairly easy to use but they are now moving to SAP for some reason, so If i stick to my job I might be privy to learn SAP but I want to move to a big city for more opportunities, Town I am currently in does not have many jobs.

So I'd say IT is something I want to commit to for now, if you know any IT courses websites that'll help. ( I'd start with Beginners level because although I have knowledge of IT but I don't have a relative degree in it to get a Proper Job, so starting with beginners level certification with strengthen my old knowledge and later on I can move to Advance level courses. )

Are they legit ? they are not like our Exact and other fake online degree's right?

I see. Your local community college is another resource that should not be overlooked, and even the librarian at the local library.

I see. Your local community college is another resource that should not be overlooked, and even the librarian at the local library.

I did think of it, but when I moved in here I was told the value of the town i am working goes up, and people tell me that in US when a town value goes up its because of its schools and colleges are doing better, which makes me wonder if they are expensive to get into? my work timings are messed up, online is something I can get through until a) I change my job or b) I change my shift timing.
I heard about Financial Grants for students but I wonder if they are available for Green Card holders? All my life I heard that Education in US is expensive, maybe that is why i am reluctant to go there?

I did think of it, but when I moved in here I was told the value of the town i am working goes up, and people tell me that in US when a town value goes up its because of its schools and colleges are doing better, which makes me wonder if they are expensive to get into? my work timings are messed up, online is something I can get through until a) I change my job or b) I change my shift timing.
I heard about Financial Grants for students but I wonder if they are available for Green Card holders? All my life I heard that Education in US is expensive, maybe that is why i am reluctant to go there?

Community colleges are surprisingly good value, and you do not have to pay anything until you formally register. Initial guidance is free. And GC holders have all the privileges of citizenship except voting, including grants and loans.

Last edited:
Community colleges are surprisingly good value, and you do not have to pay anything until you formally register. Initial guidance is free. And GC holders have all the privilege of citizenship except voting, including grants and loans.

They surely do, a college near by offering Robotics but I am not interested because I don't like working in a factory environment... but I am still looking for a online course which I can do it while on my job, saw a lot of coworkers doing their study during the work.

They surely do, a college near by offering Robotics but I am not interested because I don't like working in a factory environment... but I am still looking for a online course which I can do it while on my job, saw a lot of coworkers doing their study during the work.

Most community college have online courses over a wide range of subjects, specially after last year.

Most community college have online courses over a wide range of subjects, specially after last year.

Can I remain enrolled in a college even After moving to another state or city (within State) ?

Can I remain enrolled in a college even After moving to another state or city (within State) ?

There are ways to make it possible at the same institution, or transfer credits to an affiliated institution elsewhere.

Coursera, Udemy, Edx, Linkedin Learning, Pluralsight(Excellent courses), MIT open courseware, Harvard University CS50(Introduction to Computer Science), Comptia Network+.

For free ebooks, visit pk1lib.org. Best website for free ebooks. Pdf drive is also great source.
Free one month membership of O'reily. Lots of IT certification training here.

Also there are other resources which i can't explain here. You can pm me if you want names of those websites xd.

Udacity, Udemy, Pluralsight and Coursera. I've used all of them and they all have good courses for different things. I am currently trying to get a Udacity Nanodegree. Good luck!

most "online" courses are crap. best thing is to self study, and there are a ton of video tutorials on youtube on basically all available technologies. Furthermore, linkedIn has bought Lynda.com which is also a video tutorial service that has a ton of technology courses that you can self study on.

Look into this site. It is run by Pakistanis they don't have their own certifications but offer allot practical courses for other certifications.

Back
Top Bottom