What's new

Information regarding online Courses

Hey guys, anyone knows some legit online courses websites? I am currently working in Samsung but the position I am in is something I don't like doing it, although my Primary Education is in Business and Finance I want to pursue a Career in IT or IT management, but because I've heard a lot of fake online courses and fake Degree's I am a bit reluctant to put my hard work halal Kamai into a fake degree, can anyone guide me to some websites where I can take online class and proper courses with real Certifications? Jazak Allah

@SQ8 @VCheng @KAL-EL @gambit @dbc @GumNaam @Myth_buster_1 @PakFactor @F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote @JamD
If u live in VA there are quite a few IT academies where u can get hands on experience... one of my friend is taking cyber security course and so far i have heard good reviews about it

I know a friend with similar background who did study via coursera ... online or e printed material... YouTube lectures etc..
Did a dozen plus certifications from various organisation and is now an established IT professional.
Did u consider this route?

I know a friend with similar background who did study via coursera ... online or e printed material... YouTube lectures etc..
Did a dozen plus certifications from various organisation and is now an established IT professional.
Did u consider this route?

I am thinking of this, unless Samsung offer me a better position with a better salary, I am still new to USA and want to make sure I am in the right place before buying or even renting a place to finally move and settle.
If u live in VA there are quite a few IT academies where u can get hands on experience... one of my friend is taking cyber security course and so far i have heard good reviews about it

Nah, I am in SC...

Hey guys, anyone knows some legit online courses websites? I am currently working in Samsung but the position I am in is something I don't like doing it, although my Primary Education is in Business and Finance I want to pursue a Career in IT or IT management, but because I've heard a lot of fake online courses and fake Degree's I am a bit reluctant to put my hard work halal Kamai into a fake degree, can anyone guide me to some websites where I can take online class and proper courses with real Certifications? Jazak Allah

@SQ8 @VCheng @KAL-EL @gambit @dbc @GumNaam @Myth_buster_1 @PakFactor @F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote @JamD

As suggested by others here already, I have personally learned a lot through Coursera, EdX, Linkedin Learning and Plural Sight. You can do professional degrees on coursera and edx.

Can I ask what exactly you want to do in IT? IT is an umbrella term and there are about 20+ sub fields in IT. Its important to be clear about what exactly are you planning to do in IT so you can take that path.

I'd suggest to go for IT management as you already have a background in Business. For for some project management, IT Service Management, Agile Certification etc. and then pursue career in IT project management.

Coursera, Udemy, Edx, Linkedin Learning, Pluralsight(Excellent courses), MIT open courseware, Harvard University CS50(Introduction to Computer Science), Comptia Network+.

For free ebooks, visit pk1lib.org. Best website for free ebooks. Pdf drive is also great source.
Free one month membership of O'reily. Lots of IT certification training here.

Also there are other resources which i can't explain here. You can pm me if you want names of those websites xd.

@Goritoes the above listed websites are excellent, i can reccomend udemy, linkedin Learning and PluralSights. Youtube is also full of great material and w3schools is good for the basics. I suggests you become a developer, plenty of work available. Also futurelearn offer free courses too, you only need to pay for the certificate. Have a read around, see what you want to do, learn a tool, do some cheap freelance work and you'll likely upskill yourself into a new role at Samsung even.
As suggested by others here already, I have personally learned a lot through Coursera, EdX, Linkedin Learning and Plural Sight. You can do professional degrees on coursera and edx.

Can I ask what exactly you want to do in IT? IT is an umbrella term and there are about 20+ sub fields in IT. Its important to be clear about what exactly are you planning to do in IT so you can take that path.

I'd suggest to go for IT management as you already have a background in Business. For for some project management, IT Service Management, Agile Certification etc. and then pursue career in IT project management.

Also he might have a good BA.

I have 2 year work experience of System Administrator in a E-commerce frim from Pakistan, when I came to US and applies for similar jobs the thing i was missing is degree or certification.

I am looking towards System/Server Administration and IT management, I was about to say the same thing that IT management will connect my Business background with IT.
@Goritoes the above listed websites are excellent, i can reccomend udemy, linkedin Learning and PluralSights. Youtube is also full of great material and w3schools is good for the basics. I suggests you become a developer, plenty of work available. Also futurelearn offer free courses too, you only need to pay for the certificate. Have a read around, see what you want to do, learn a tool, do some cheap freelance work and you'll likely upskill yourself into a new role at Samsung even.

Hmm, I tried learning some basic App development, although it was interesting but I did not enjoy it as much as handling a server, but maybe it was because i did not spend much time on app development, App dev jobs are plenty here (not where I am currently living), there is a place in Georgia called Duluth, its full of Korean IT firms, this is where I am planning to make a move once have some IT certification, Samsung is good and big no doubt but the Complex I am working in has horrible leadership and management, no planning , no employee appreciation and literally no one is listening to any suggestions.

Interesting thread and informative maybe I can get some help to start my career in IT. From long time trying to get job in aviation but i just gave up. Bachleors in Aero eng, Masters in Aero and Diploma in Avionics aircraft maintenace. I got a job after such a long time but then i got fired because the french ganged up against me and covid came so the aviation crashed again. So im sick of engineering seem it isnt for me . Im planning to get into IT - got an option of Network and IT security a 14 to 16 months program funded by provincial govt including intern. Incase if i dont get into it , i need a back up option. Im not good at programming. In my past i did ccna and ccnp routing and switching but didnt put to use so i dont rmember much. Highly appreciate your suggestions/Guidance.

Back
Top Bottom