What's new

Lexus IS200t 2017

With all due respect Alfa Romeo cars are endless money pits. I don't recommend using an Alfa Romeo as a daily driver.
Never had any issue with mine - which is odd as they are notorious for having issues. But you haven’t driven unless you have had one.

Never had any issue with mine - which is odd as they are notorious for having issues. But you haven’t driven unless you have had one.
It means that you must be a very cautious and responsible driver, these qualities are not found in an average driver hence I stand by my point. Alfa Romeos definitely have a swagger, they always get the stares. Can you kindly post pictures of our Alfa Romeo here?

Indeed Honda/Toyota are reliable and cheaper on gas and maintain, the Place i am trying to get lexus is the toyota dealer and according him their cars lose values slower than others, They have a 2021 Camry XSE and man o man what a beautiful car with amazing on gas with moon roof etc, but my wife (for some reasons) says no... she is insisting on either go for Lexus or keep the Infiniti, and my plan is to give this car to her in future I want to make sure she is comfortable with whatever car I buy.

I am not a fan of SUV's and since recently a cousin of my wife died in a car crash, her SUV rolled over after busting a tire, and because she was driving while been angry and crying she forgot to put seat belt on, hence she died on spot, my wife is scared to death now over us buying a SUV, and I am in no mood of arguing .

How was your experience with Audi ??

Lexus does come with Traction control I wonder if that do anything? The one i am looking for is a F-sport version.

TBH Lexus interior seems top notch but exterior is boring, unless you get sport Version, my infiniti is luxury as well, it does have decent out/inside look but performance wise its great. In fact Infiniti even older model is expensive then some Lexus models.

Speed is not the big concern for me, Infiniti got a radical pickup and its crazy what it can do in first couple of seconds, but seriously traffic in America specially in Highways, you have to drive carefully. 4 weeks ago I went to tampa for a visit, and on my way from South Carolina to Florida I saw 5 accidents, and on my return saw 6 out of which three were major wrecks.
Desis in general prefer the Toyota (and stereotype with the Camry) and Lexus. Hence my aversion to it since it represents Kanjoosi and the usual wealth hoarding to me but that is just my disdain for desis in general due to my personal experience with them and doesn’t represent facts on Lexus.

I know SUVs get a bad rap due to rollovers but most modern ones are designed to mitigate that and for the most part are safer experiences especially if you have a child with you. Accidents are essentially unavoidable for your entire life based on the idea that you are not in control of everyone else driving. That should not be the sole or even overarching factor in your car buying decision otherwise get a late 2000s Volvo and you’re in a tank that will save you.. maintenance and other factors notwithstanding.

My thought process for buying a car was simple:
1. My townhome is within the city and walking distance from two grocery stores and 5 minutes to a major hospital. This proximity to the metro area also means I will for the most part always have access to rideshare services.

2. Work from home since 2018 so have never piled on more than 10000 miles in a year. Mostly coming from airport runs which have reduced further since the pandemic.

3. When my wife first landed here With no GC or DL or anything I handed her the keys of my Alfa and told her to get on the highway during rush hour in Houston to get to a spot.. now she drives fairly well so I am not worried about her skills.

4. Both me & mrs tend to drive on the faster side and prefer sporty cars.

Which is why I don’t consider my car as some investment compared to regular desi sensibilities - the number of annoyed uncles at my choice(as if I spent their cash) was testament to it.

The Audi was bought due to both middle of the pack performance but also service repute of Audi in general. It IS and WILL be expensive compared to other brands and especially a Lexus and you usually don’t see people other than white folks driving audis either because from a maintenance, comfort and generally okayish driving experience Lexus and then Acuras take the cake. Which is why more often than not its either Asians or Desis in them - it is the sensible choice.

I suggest using a similar checklist before getting a car just because it is available even though these days the market is nuts.
It means that you must be a very cautious and responsible driver, these qualities are not found in an average driver hence I stand by my point. Alfa Romeos definitely have a swagger, they always get the stares. Can you kindly post pictures of our Alfa Romeo here?
Responsible yes to being very focused on maintenance and keeping the car clean inside and out. Caution is not something I am fond of using when driving but I am not a rash driver - just a very fast one. Nothing handles like an Alfa and I say this having driven pretty much every brand thanks to a relative of mine who flips cars for a living.

Desis in general prefer the Toyota (and stereotype with the Camry) and Lexus. Hence my aversion to it since it represents Kanjoosi and the usual wealth hoarding to me but that is just my disdain for desis in general due to my personal experience with them and doesn’t represent facts on Lexus.

I know SUVs get a bad rap due to rollovers but most modern ones are designed to mitigate that and for the most part are safer experiences especially if you have a child with you. Accidents are essentially unavoidable for your entire life based on the idea that you are not in control of everyone else driving. That should not be the sole or even overarching factor in your car buying decision otherwise get a late 2000s Volvo and you’re in a tank that will save you.. maintenance and other factors notwithstanding.

My thought process for buying a car was simple:
1. My townhome is within the city and walking distance from two grocery stores and 5 minutes to a major hospital. This proximity to the metro area also means I will for the most part always have access to rideshare services.

2. Work from home since 2018 so have never piled on more than 10000 miles in a year. Mostly coming from airport runs which have reduced further since the pandemic.

3. When my wife first landed here With no GC or DL or anything I handed her the keys of my Alfa and told her to get on the highway during rush hour in Houston to get to a spot.. now she drives fairly well so I am not worried about her skills.

4. Both me & mrs tend to drive on the faster side and prefer sporty cars.

Which is why I don’t consider my car as some investment compared to regular desi sensibilities - the number of annoyed uncles at my choice(as if I spent their cash) was testament to it.

The Audi was bought due to both middle of the pack performance but also service repute of Audi in general. It IS and WILL be expensive compared to other brands and especially a Lexus and you usually don’t see people other than white folks driving audis either because from a maintenance, comfort and generally okayish driving experience Lexus and then Acuras take the cake. Which is why more often than not its either Asians or Desis in them - it is the sensible choice.

I suggest using a similar checklist before getting a car just because it is available even though these days the market is nuts.

Responsible yes to being very focused on maintenance and keeping the car clean inside and out. Caution is not something I am fond of using when driving but I am not a rash driver - just a very fast one. Nothing handles like an Alfa and I say this having driven pretty much every brand thanks to a relative of mine who flips cars for a living.
Do you take your Alfa Romeo to tracks?

Do you take your Alfa Romeo to tracks?
Only once - its sold now. Have a kid now so driving is mostly benign. But having the fast SUV helps because it lets me have a little fun when I want to but otherwise gives me the practicality I need.

Only once - its sold now. Have a kid now so driving is mostly benign. But having the fast SUV helps because it lets me have a little fun when I want to but otherwise gives me the practicality I need.
Do you currently own one vehicle?

you don't buy is200t for MPG you buy it for that sweet smile on your face when you feel that throttle response and that tail moving away ... it's a great car

Pick up trucks are also handy. It goes against desi mentality, but you can just put so much shit in the back.

5 Months ago I bought a car after my first Accord 2014 was hit by deer and got totaled, it was a Infiniti Q50 Hybrid 2015 which is pretty nice, I like it and it runs great and very good on gas because of it been Hybrid, but since I hit another deer some 2 months ago, I was thinking of changing the car and I came across Lexus IS200t 2017, I am fan of Lexus and it was my first choice but because of no credit I couldn't get it, but now I can get one after trading my car, I was wondering if anyone here have own a Lexus ? and if anyone can give me some personal suggestions regarding Lexus, I did some research online and it seems like a nice car with some great features, so far the only Con that bother me is its Mileage which is around 21 MPG for city and around 30 MPG for highway, my Infiniti give me around 34 MPG overall which is pretty good given the fact the Gas prices is high right now, do you think Lexus would be a good trade ?

@MastanKhan @PakFactor @ghazi52 @ziaulislam @waz @SQ8 @gambit @Hamartia Antidote @F-22Raptor @Meengla @KAL-EL

You need to buy one of these. That way the next time you hit a deer you won't need to buy a new car.

maxresdefault.jpg

5 Months ago I bought a car after my first Accord 2014 was hit by deer and got totaled, it was a Infiniti Q50 Hybrid 2015 which is pretty nice, I like it and it runs great and very good on gas because of it been Hybrid, but since I hit another deer some 2 months ago, I was thinking of changing the car and I came across Lexus IS200t 2017, I am fan of Lexus and it was my first choice but because of no credit I couldn't get it, but now I can get one after trading my car, I was wondering if anyone here have own a Lexus ? and if anyone can give me some personal suggestions regarding Lexus, I did some research online and it seems like a nice car with some great features, so far the only Con that bother me is its Mileage which is around 21 MPG for city and around 30 MPG for highway, my Infiniti give me around 34 MPG overall which is pretty good given the fact the Gas prices is high right now, do you think Lexus would be a good trade ?

@MastanKhan @PakFactor @ghazi52 @ziaulislam @waz @SQ8 @gambit @Hamartia Antidote @F-22Raptor @Meengla @KAL-EL
Feels like cars aren't your problem, deers are :D

Might I suggest:
1649102636901.png

On a serious note. I drive a VW Passat. Honestly, the VW has a very solid build feel to it compared to Toyota Honda Ford Chevy etc. The body panels are also pretty solid feeling compared to other cars. It is also pretty loaded with nifty creature comforts. I would guess Audis would share some of the same features as well being the same company and often sharing many parts. I am very happy with my VW Passat - it's an accord sized car.

Can relate to that, my cousin's husband who lives in Atlanta, when I first visit her with my Infiniti he won't shut up about his first 2006 or 2008 Camry, He told me to buy a Camry and stay as far away from BMW/Audi's. Met a guy who owns couple of Gas Station was driving Lincoln SUV, he seems to be very happy with it, but that was a beast and expensive car.
The Lexus NX300 comes with rollover protection with backseat Air bags and other goodies, but that car was going over my budged and as I mention not long ago my wife lost a cousin only 21 years old girl of a child in a wreck in SUV, so right now I think for me its best to go be Sedans.

You do raise some good points, if I put my situation on those points it will be like this...

-So when I move to Tampa by end of this week, distance between the house I will be living and my work place would be around 30-50 mins drive depending on traffic. Plus, for Groceries I might have to go in car, I can walk and I did some long walks in Karachi heat but still it would best to take the car, Masjid and restaurants seems to be around 15 mins drive which is good comparing to SC where I have to drive 1 hour 30 mins just to get some food.

- My wife can not drive on highways, and in city only with low traffic so for now I will be doing most of the driving, but i told my wife to learn to drive in city, she got a inner karen in her and get panic real quick, so I want to give her time, rushing her will be dangerous.

- My Dream car is Porsche, and my Wife's dream car is Chrysler Pacifica, she loved her old Pacifica from 2006 unfortunately was crushed by a Tree when parked outside her house a year before I came here. For me sporty look or Car itself is not a big thing but it has to be a combination of both looks/performance and functions it comes with. Lexus is decent with looks, good with performance and great with functions.

Must be exhausting to listen to relatives giving you all kind of Sh%% for getting something you want haha, I had that when I married my wife, Marry a Gori and all hell break lose.
Audi's specially A3's are decent but I don't like the interior to be honest, its hideous. I tried finding a A4 but didn't get lucky, Saw one camry 2021 XSE and that car was amazing, given price was 36,000 if not for negative equity due to trade off i might be able to afford that, but without trade off I can not own two cars on my name and my wife has bad credit. If it wasn't for that I would most likely go for Camry for looks (amazing), Performance (Great) and functions (Great to).

Pick up trucks are also handy. It goes against desi mentality, but you can just put so much shit in the back.
Nah, Not a trucker guy, Drove my brother in law's Tacoma and Father in laws RAM 1500, they both sucks TBH, plus trucks definitely not go with my personality haha.

You need to buy one of these. That way the next time you hit a deer you won't need to buy a new car.

View attachment 830616
You won't believe it but I've seen the horns like in the picture on people's trucks here, saw even viking like Helmets on the roofs with confederate flags :disagree:

Feels like cars aren't your problem, deers are :D

Might I suggest:
View attachment 830618

On a serious note. I drive a VW Passat. Honestly, the VW has a very solid build feel to it compared to Toyota Honda Ford Chevy etc. The body panels are also pretty solid feeling compared to other cars. It is also pretty loaded with nifty creature comforts. I would guess Audis would share some of the same features as well being the same company and often sharing many parts. I am very happy with my VW Passat - it's an accord sized car.
VW is good, reliable and most of them comes loaded with functions, but it doesn't really catch my eye as much as Infiniti/Lexus/Camry does, I know that's not the best criteria but look sure does matter for me, that's one of the reason Lexus is my second best dream car to own after Porsche.

Back
Top Bottom