What's new

Lexus IS200t 2017

I want the Mad Max car. Everything, including the right hand drive and the blower out of the bonnet. Note I said 'bonnet' and not 'hood'. :enjoy:
Sat on the actual Mad Max Police interceptor for Mad Max 2 on a car show here in Sydney in 2019. You probably don't want to have one because they made the car very hard to access with the roll cage.........

Strangely, Mad Max does not have a big following here in Oz, probably because people think Mel Gibson is a wanker........

Also, we call them hood in Australia, but we do call a trunk boot.

Sat on the actual Mad Max Police interceptor for Mad Max 2 on a car show here in Sydney in 2019. You probably don't want to have one because they made the car very hard to access with the roll cage.........
I do not mind because a long time ago I modded my '86 IROC-Z for SCCA racing and it had a roll cage. It was fun car until it got stolen from my apartment parking lot. Factory cars are fine, but there is always something attractive about these 'shadetree mechanics' or 'redneck engineering' cars.

In what?

Choose the lexus young Pakiwan . Give into the Pa Ki side. It will serve you better financially.

Or..

Just test drive both and see what you like better. At the end of the day, you’re the one that’s going to be driving it.

I don’t want you to be miserable over some advice I gave you on the net.

I watch this guy’s videos on YouTube. He gives really sound advice. Not just on the type of car but how to handle the dealerships while purchasing.

Love this guy's videos. He's brutally honest, though a bit funky and off kilter at times.

Personally speaking - I am waiting for an electric mid-size Luxury SUV (those are far better buys than regular line SUVs spec'd high with options).

Genesis GV-70e, Lexus NX-300h these classes of SUV's will soon or have already gone hybrid and in some cases full electric. These will be priced around $45k, the Genesis about $5k lower. They come with pretty much all luxury options included at a relative bargain.

And if you have the dough just go for Tesla's Y model. A number of my friends have. Priced slightly North of $70k with long range option but starts at around $63k basic. You no longer get $2000 rebate from State Govts. like California because Tesla's are too expensive to qualify for them. Almost negates the utility part and has become a hyped up conundrum...better with the Genesis and Lexus choices.

Moving to Tampa get the Lexus for reasons beyond reliability and becoming a typical American Pakistani. You will likely only live on summer tires and those are actually great in the rain and will never need to be changed.

Interior quality of both cars is fairly good but the Audi really excels due to its quattro which works in all seasons in northern states and where you might get snow.
Do you think it would be better if I wait to move to Florida first ? I feel I am rushed, I will be moving in a week anyway so buying a car from SC then moving to Florida doesn't sound the best option, maybe I can look more and do a bit more research ?

Do you think it would be better if I wait to move to Florida first ? I feel I am rushed, I will be moving in a week anyway so buying a car from SC then moving to Florida doesn't sound the best option, maybe I can look more and do a bit more research ?
See if you can compare prices from a few dealers that list their inventories online. Used cars prices are ridiculously high and you are heading into the summer months.

See if you can compare prices from a few dealers that list their inventories online. Used cars prices are ridiculously high and you are heading into the summer months.
Its hard cause not every used car lot websites give comparing options. maybe websites like Carmax, Carfax, Carvana , Carguru and Cars.com would work.

Its hard cause not every used car lot websites give comparing options. maybe websites like Carmax, Carfax, Carvana , Carguru and Cars.com would work.
I understand and am not pressuring you to buy. But I am in the semicon industry and all the major auto makers are idling plants due to the global semicon shortage. Recently on the street I got offered 25K for my '10 FJ Cruiser. I told the guy my FJ got 160K miles and it is a manual transmission. He said he does not care and that he will learn how to drive a stick shift. I had to decline three times before he got the message and left. All the auto makers CEOs believe the semicon shortage will last at least thru the end of 2022, if not until mid '23. So used car prices are premium now.

I understand and am not pressuring you to buy. But I am in the semicon industry and all the major auto makers are idling plants due to the global semicon shortage. Recently on the street I got offered 25K for my '10 FJ Cruiser. I told the guy my FJ got 160K miles and it is a manual transmission. He said he does not care and that he will learn how to drive a stick shift. I had to decline three times before he got the message and left. All the auto makers CEOs believe the semicon shortage will last at least thru the end of 2022, if not until mid '23. So used car prices are premium now.
I understand your point bro, after a bit consultation I decided that I will get the car from Tampa, and in the first week of next month, that would be better in a sense that I would switch the job and my paychecks will get started too so it will give good impression on the place i buy the car from.

Back
Top Bottom