What's new

Lexus IS200t 2017

Goritoes

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
5 Months ago I bought a car after my first Accord 2014 was hit by deer and got totaled, it was a Infiniti Q50 Hybrid 2015 which is pretty nice, I like it and it runs great and very good on gas because of it been Hybrid, but since I hit another deer some 2 months ago, I was thinking of changing the car and I came across Lexus IS200t 2017, I am fan of Lexus and it was my first choice but because of no credit I couldn't get it, but now I can get one after trading my car, I was wondering if anyone here have own a Lexus ? and if anyone can give me some personal suggestions regarding Lexus, I did some research online and it seems like a nice car with some great features, so far the only Con that bother me is its Mileage which is around 21 MPG for city and around 30 MPG for highway, my Infiniti give me around 34 MPG overall which is pretty good given the fact the Gas prices is high right now, do you think Lexus would be a good trade ?

@MastanKhan @PakFactor @ghazi52 @ziaulislam @waz @SQ8 @gambit @Hamartia Antidote @F-22Raptor @Meengla @KAL-EL

5 Months ago I bought a car after my first Accord 2014 was hit by deer and got totaled, it was a Infiniti Q50 Hybrid 2015 which is pretty nice, I like it and it runs great and very good on gas because of it been Hybrid, but since I hit another deer some 2 months ago, I was thinking of changing the car and I came across Lexus IS200t 2017, I am fan of Lexus and it was my first choice but because of no credit I couldn't get it, but now I can get one after trading my car, I was wondering if anyone here have own a Lexus ? and if anyone can give me some personal suggestions regarding Lexus, I did some research online and it seems like a nice car with some great features, so far the only Con that bother me is its Mileage which is around 21 MPG for city and around 30 MPG for highway, my Infiniti give me around 34 MPG overall which is pretty good given the fact the Gas prices is high right now, do you think Lexus would be a good trade ?

@MastanKhan @PakFactor @ghazi52 @ziaulislam @waz @SQ8 @gambit @Hamartia Antidote @F-22Raptor @Meengla @KAL-EL

Hi,

I have an ES350 sedan---. Absolutely beautiful car and so is the IS200t.

Now isn't this car a rear wheel drive car---. Don't buy a rear wheel drive car---because just like most other drivers---you may not know how to drive it in rain even though you may think you do.

Stay away from a rear wheel drive---unless you learn how to drive it.

Cant say much about Lexus since even though it is a great brand and reliable AF I associate it with boring desi uncles so will never get anything other than a LX 570(not too impressed with the LX600) to turn into an overlander eventually.

Currently have the sq8 and it does all I want, goes fast, handles well, carries everything I need and I take it down the beaten paths to lakes and everything.

Owned a Alfa Romeo Giulia and loved that thing to death but needed a bigger one for family so got rid of it and a 2018 pilot I had to get the Audi.

Used to drive that Alfa at 75 in the rain and never had issues since their combo of traction control and other modern tech makes any handling quirks benign. Do suggest switching tires back and forth depending on weather and where you are but otherwise that IS-200 should serve you well. Lexus = Toyota = reliability

They stopped selling the accord in the UK for some reason. I really like the new one but all we have is the civic which is also pretty decent.

I used to have a 2007 accord vtec. Could do near 70mph in 2nd gear...

Unfortunately my mum let the vtec kick in and she crashed it.

Back to the topic. Lexus are good cars however perhaps avoid anything with a CVT gearbox. They are just too slow.

Hi,

I have an ES350 sedan---. Absolutely beautiful car and so is the IS200t.

Now isn't this car a rear wheel drive car---. Don't buy a rear wheel drive car---because just like most other drivers---you may not know how to drive it in rain even though you may think you do.

Stay away from a rear wheel drive---unless you learn how to drive it.
Oh I had that experience few months ago when Greenville get few inches of Snow and got Stuck there for 3 hours before a white couple save me and my wife using their Truck... I am not gonna lie but I am bit bias towards lexus as its my second dream brand after Porsche ( Which my poor A$$ can't afford) lol
Although I had thought of getting a AWD but this is what I am getting so far, for some reasons almost every car lot right now is empty, and Car prices are also going up a little bit for whatever reasons.
I won't say I am expert in driving in rain but since I started driving I had experience of driving in heavy rain, snow and even storm. Imagine driving in heavy rain with Fog in Gatlinburg that was scary hahah even I could not believe i drove in that area.

I get a car that doesn't use premium fuel. Top of the line with electronics package trim or whatever you want but not real luxury car.

Cant say much about Lexus since even though it is a great brand and reliable AF I associate it with boring desi uncles so will never get anything other than a LX 570(not too impressed with the LX600) to turn into an overlander eventually.

Currently have the sq8 and it does all I want, goes fast, handles well, carries everything I need and I take it down the beaten paths to lakes and everything.

Owned a Alfa Romeo Giulia and loved that thing to death but needed a bigger one for family so got rid of it and a 2018 pilot I had to get the Audi.

Used to drive that Alfa at 75 in the rain and never had issues since their combo of traction control and other modern tech makes any handling quirks benign. Do suggest switching tires back and forth depending on weather and where you are but otherwise that IS-200 should serve you well. Lexus = Toyota = reliability
Indeed Honda/Toyota are reliable and cheaper on gas and maintain, the Place i am trying to get lexus is the toyota dealer and according him their cars lose values slower than others, They have a 2021 Camry XSE and man o man what a beautiful car with amazing on gas with moon roof etc, but my wife (for some reasons) says no... she is insisting on either go for Lexus or keep the Infiniti, and my plan is to give this car to her in future I want to make sure she is comfortable with whatever car I buy.

I am not a fan of SUV's and since recently a cousin of my wife died in a car crash, her SUV rolled over after busting a tire, and because she was driving while been angry and crying she forgot to put seat belt on, hence she died on spot, my wife is scared to death now over us buying a SUV, and I am in no mood of arguing .

How was your experience with Audi ??

Lexus does come with Traction control I wonder if that do anything? The one i am looking for is a F-sport version.

I get a car that doesn't use premium fuel. Top of the line with electronics package trim or whatever you want but not real luxury car.
TBH Lexus interior seems top notch but exterior is boring, unless you get sport Version, my infiniti is luxury as well, it does have decent out/inside look but performance wise its great. In fact Infiniti even older model is expensive then some Lexus models.

They stopped selling the accord in the UK for some reason. I really like the new one but all we have is the civic which is also pretty decent.

I used to have a 2007 accord vtec. Could do near 70mph in 2nd gear...

Unfortunately my mum let the vtec kick in and she crashed it.

Back to the topic. Lexus are good cars however perhaps avoid anything with a CVT gearbox. They are just too slow.
Speed is not the big concern for me, Infiniti got a radical pickup and its crazy what it can do in first couple of seconds, but seriously traffic in America specially in Highways, you have to drive carefully. 4 weeks ago I went to tampa for a visit, and on my way from South Carolina to Florida I saw 5 accidents, and on my return saw 6 out of which three were major wrecks.

Oh I had that experience few months ago when Greenville get few inches of Snow and got Stuck there for 3 hours before a white couple save me and my wife using their Truck... I am not gonna lie but I am bit bias towards lexus as its my second dream brand after Porsche ( Which my poor A$$ can't afford) lol
Although I had thought of getting a AWD but this is what I am getting so far, for some reasons almost every car lot right now is empty, and Car prices are also going up a little bit for whatever reasons.
I won't say I am expert in driving in rain but since I started driving I had experience of driving in heavy rain, snow and even storm. Imagine driving in heavy rain with Fog in Gatlinburg that was scary hahah even I could not believe i drove in that area.

Hi,

Enjoy the road.

First, you did not hit a deer. You put on some useless body 'aero' panels, a blatty exhaust, so you thought you were Fast And Furious and wrecked your car. No lie. We are all guys here. :enjoy:

I never owned a Lexus. I drive a '10 FJ Cruiser AWD 6-sp manual transmission, a real SUV, not the frauds that we are seeing today. But my mother still have her '09 Lexus IS250 and she is happy with it. Am sure you know that Lexus is Toyota. Toyota over engineered and under powered their engines for durability and longevity. Personally, I would not worry about the mpg. It depends on how you drive. Take the standard workweek. If most of your driving is stop-and-go stop-and-go stop-and-go in the city, then that 4 mpg difference will not matter. But if most of your driving is several hrs on the interstates, then that 4 mpg difference will matter.

My reservation is with the turbo if the 't' stands for turbo. I prefer naturally aspirated. No forced induction of any kind. Turbos are generally oil cooled and you can find all sorts of discussions/controversies about how to use a turbo-ed car, one of them is idling the engine for a few secs to allow the turbo to spool down before you ignition off, else there would be insufficient oil to cool the turbo while it is still high rpm. Understand that oil both lubricate and cool the engine and that oil have a gradual failure curve. However, with the oil running over the turbo bearings, the oil will have a higher than average temperature, which will steepen that curve a bit more, so this mean you should pay more attention to scheduled oil changes. It does not mean the oil will have a catastrophic failure at exactly 1 mile right after the 5000 miles mark. It just mean that with oil in a turbo-ed engine, the oil will fail its characteristics sooner than in a naturally aspirated engine.

First, you did not hit a deer. You put on some useless body 'aero' panels, a blatty exhaust, so you thought you were Fast And Furious and wrecked your car. No lie. We are all guys here. :enjoy:
No no I swear on my Green card, my first Accord my wife hit a deer at 60 mph, but it could be worse as she was almost blinded by 18 wheeler from opposite side, she did not see the deer and by the time I see it she couldn't do anything, if i yelled then she might get panic and hit the 18 wheeler and I won't be here to tell the tale, second infinity I was driving and I did not hit the deer, that kamikazi deer hit me, i saw a bunch on right side of the road so I reduce the speed to 40mph, while my eyes were set on right side, a deer ran and hit from the left side busting my fender, driver side door, bumper and front headlight. Man this country side is taking a heavy toll on me, I so far came across deer's, Wild boars, Possums, Raccoons , armadillo's, skunks , Goats, Cats, Dogs and even a freaking Chicken...

I never owned a Lexus. I drive a '10 FJ Cruiser AWD 6-sp manual transmission, a real SUV, not the frauds that we are seeing today. But my mother still have her '09 Lexus IS250 and she is happy with it. Am sure you know that Lexus is Toyota. Toyota over engineered and under powered their engines for durability and longevity. Personally, I would not worry about the mpg. It depends on how you drive. Take the standard workweek. If most of your driving is stop-and-go stop-and-go stop-and-go in the city, then that 4 mpg difference will not matter. But if most of your driving is several hrs on the interstates, then that 4 mpg difference will matter.
I feel the mpg when i was visiting Tampa, and I will be going there soon again, but you are right in a city from home-work, work-home won't make much difference, I wonder if the Gas prices will come down soon, right now even a hybrid feels expensive.
My reservation is with the turbo if the 't' stands for turbo. I prefer naturally aspirated. No forced induction of any kind. Turbos are generally oil cooled and you can find all sorts of discussions/controversies about how to use a turbo-ed car, one of them is idling the engine for a few secs to allow the turbo to spool down before you ignition off, else there would be insufficient oil to cool the turbo while it is still high rpm. Understand that oil both lubricate and cool the engine and that oil have a gradual failure curve. However, with the oil running over the turbo bearings, the oil will have a higher than average temperature, which will steepen that curve a bit more, so this mean you should pay more attention to scheduled oil changes. It does not mean the oil will have a catastrophic failure at exactly 1 mile right after the 5000 miles mark. It just mean that with oil in a turbo-ed engine, the oil will fail its characteristics sooner than in a naturally aspirated engine.
Yep its Turbo, wait I can show you the car I am trying to get...

I have heard great things about lexus
Have owned RAV4 sienna mini van and camery
But no lexus

IS however is more sporty rather than comfort vechile so keep that in mind

I have heard great things about lexus
Have owned RAV4 sienna mini van and camery
But no lexus

IS however is more sporty rather than comfort vechile so keep that in mind
Drove my cousins RAV in Atlanta, its a smooth car but base version is very manual, even the seats were manual... Camry 2021 XSE what a beauty, and the moon roof on it makes it so sexy :D
You had Sienna ? do you have a large family ? mini vans are a headache to park specially in large cities.

I got the rx 350. Never looked back. Nothing beats a lexus.

Rich people drive bmw's, audi's, porsche's and mercedes. Wealthy people drive lexus.

With all due respect Alfa Romeo cars are endless money pits. I don't recommend using an Alfa Romeo as a daily driver.

And you should seriously consider an suv if you have a kid. Although in this market, if you can avoid buying a car you should. Wait till next year and prices will be normal again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom