What's new

Suggestions for a new car

Nah bro, Tesla is way above my comfort zone, Plus as I am still new in the US not many Finance companies are ready to finance me with not much credit history, I was hoping to build credit history through this car but this accident changes things, I had to also take mileage in to consideration as my workplace is around 30+ mins away from home, which makes around 20+ miles (for one side).
No problem.

If you love Honda then chances are that you will stick with Honda. In this case, you already know what to buy. :lol:

Toyota and Honda are etched in minds of people around the world so every 2nd person will tell you to stick with these brands.

However, when you are living in a country where a wide range of options will be at your disposal in your specified budget (~25,000/- USD) then it makes good sense to check other options.

Please do take a good look at options from Mazda and Hyundai respectively. These two brands offer some of the best vehicles to potential customers at reasonable prices.

If 'fuel-efficiency' and 'mileage' are your primary considerations then Toyota Prius and Hyundai Ioniq are your best bet.

If 'a well-designed sedan' is your consideration then Mazda Mazada6 is worth a look. Otherwise, Toyota Camry is very good option.

I find Toyota more reliable than Honda in person, and this is professional impression as well. Chevrolet also have good reputation - even in Pakistan.

You may check out some SUVs as well. Kia Sportage, Ford Escape and hyundai Kona are interesting options.

If you feel overwhelmed and want to narrow down your options then it shall be Toyota, Hyundai, Mazda and Chevrolet respectively.

Best wishes.

Yes bro, thankfully none of us get hurt except for the poor deer who died on impact, It could be worse as the 18 wheeler approaching if my wife get panics and turn left, or right (to get off road) it would've been worse.

Glad to know that brother.

Now as for cars, I highly recommend a 1989 Ferrari Testarossa.

I kid :P

ferrari_512_tr_gelb-4_uebersicht.jpg

No problem.

If you love Honda then chances are that you will stick with Honda. In this case, you already know what to buy. :lol:

Toyota and Honda are etched in minds of people around the world so every 2nd person will tell you to stick with these brands.

However, when you are living in a country where a wide range of options will be at your disposal in your specified budget (~25,000/- USD) then it makes good sense to check other options.

Please do take a good look at options from Mazda and Hyundai respectively. These two brands offer some of the best vehicles to potential customers at reasonable prices.

If 'fuel-efficiency' and 'mileage' are your primary considerations then Toyota Prius and Hyundai Ioniq are your best bet.

If 'a well-designed sedan' is your consideration then Mazda Mazada6 is worth a look. Otherwise, Toyota Camry is very good option.

I find Toyota more reliable than Honda in person, and this is professional impression as well. Chevrolet also have good reputation - even in Pakistan.

You may check out some SUVs as well. Kia Sportage, Ford Escape and hyundai Kona are interesting options.

If you feel overwhelmed and want to narrow down your options then it shall be Toyota, Hyundai, Mazda and Chevrolet respectively.

Best wishes.

I've been hearing about Camry a lot, I am definitely looking into it...One of my coworker here has a Hyundai elantra so I am also looking into it as well...

Chevy is good as well, I've seen a lot of Chevy here specially their 4x4 Silvarado truck, Southern people love Trucks...
Glad to know that brother.

Now as for cars, I highly recommend a 1989 Ferrari Testarossa.

I kid :P

View attachment 781553

Bro, Yellow is my favorite color hahah If i ever get rich I'll be buying my dream car in yellow...
1633172740039.png
:man_in_love:
Chev is crap, like most other American car manufacturers. Ford is somewhat Ok, but still don’t come close to Japanese brands in reliability.

Its not bad bro, I've heard mixed reviews from people, but i see a lot of Chevy on roads...

So guys, last Friday my wife hit a chunky deer with my car and my Insurance company instead of fixing the car are now writing it off, they told me its totaled and they towed my car today, Now I am waiting for them to Pay of my finance company to get paid with whatever is left of it I will get. So now basically I am back in market to buy a car so I would like to get some suggestions ? the car my wife wrecked was 2014 Honda Accord, which was a nice car to drive, decent options and good on gas and I was thinking of finding another accord but I want to see if I can get some other car, I am not a fan of sedan nor SUV's but I do like cross-overs, anyone here drive any cross-overs ? or any other you want to recommend me? my last car was around 15,000$ this time I am thinking to put around 20,000-25,000$, I hope its decent amount to get a decent long term car.

@SQ8 @Hamartia Antidote @VCheng @GumNaam @PakFactor @ziaulislam @Myth_buster_1 @waz @HRK @MastanKhan @gambit @F-22Raptor @cloud4000 @LeGenD

Good to know there were no human injuries. :D

The problem right now is availability, both new and used. It will last for a few more months yet, but you need a replacement sooner than that. I would stick with Honda/Toyota and go by what is available with low miles and service history and condition.

I've been hearing about Camry a lot, I am definitely looking into it...One of my coworker here has a Hyundai elantra so I am also looking into it as well...

Chevy is good as well, I've seen a lot of Chevy here specially their 4x4 Silvarado truck, Southern people love Trucks...

Bro, Yellow is my favorite color hahah If i ever get rich I'll be buying my dream car in yellow...
View attachment 781554:man_in_love:

Its not bad bro, I've heard mixed reviews from people, but i see a lot of Chevy on roads...
They are on the roads, cuz they are cheap, specially their resale value. every Kala and Mexican is driving them. Stick with Toyota and Honda. Your wallet will appreciate it in the long run.

Chev is crap, like most other American car manufacturers. Ford is somewhat Ok, but still don’t come close to Japanese brands in reliability.
It depends upon the vehicle model.

Some of the most rugged vehicles in the world are from GMC and AM General in fact. These are not cheap however.

Ford is competitive in the case of Pickups, SUVs and Sports respectively. Ford does not offer sedan(s) for average consumer. Ford offers true quality in its top offerings which is unfortunate. Not many can afford a Ford Mustang for example.

Toyota is reliable - agreed.

Honda? The quality of Honda have declined even in the case of Honda Civic. Honda Accord is better but I would pick Toyota Camry on any given day.

It depends upon the vehicle model.

Some of the most rugged vehicles in the world are from GMC and AM General in fact. These are not cheap however.

Ford is competitive in the case of Pickups, SUVs and Sports respectively. Ford does not offer sedan(s) for average consumer. Ford offers true quality in its top offerings which is unfortunate. Not many can afford a Ford Mustang for example.

Toyota is reliable - agreed.

Honda? The quality of Honda have declined even in the case of Honda Civic. Honda Accord is better but I would pick Toyota Camry on any given day.
I've never heard one good word about GMC or Ford from any of my relatives who used them. Unless you're getting a work truck or a car for your rental fleet, nobody happily buys them.
Or you're a very patriotic American who only buys American brands.

You have to think about the deers family before thinking of a car.
The family of the deer will hold your wife accountable for her crime They will be looking for her for the rest of her life.
Buy a big truck man and when the family are down invite us all for a barbecue party.

I've never heard one good word about GMC or Ford from any of my relatives who used them. Unless you're getting a work truck or a car for your rental fleet, nobody happily buys them.
Or you're a very patriotic American who only buys American brands.
Every brand have a history of unreliable offerings. To give you some perspective, do you think Audi and BMW offer high quality vehicles on average? You will be really disappointed then. But both have no shortage of customers. Even Toyota have a history of recalling millions of vehicles over faulty components. Toyota offers quality on a consident basis nevertheless which is great.

Ford is not high in my list of recommendations unless it is Ford Mustang. Even in the case of Ford Mustang brand, 2015 edition was a flop but 2020 edition is very good. You need to keep an eye on these trends therefore. Never buy any car without sufficient homework on your end.

What I do not like is dismissals for the sake of it. Some of the most rugged vehicles are from GMC and AN General but you will have to pay a premium in each case.

Those who are very high on the Toyota and Honda bandwagon tend to miss out on quality offerings from other brands. These people are like ecochambers.

Now go through my posts in this thread and you will have some idea about my choices.

So guys, last Friday my wife hit a chunky deer with my car and my Insurance company instead of fixing the car are now writing it off, they told me its totaled and they towed my car today, Now I am waiting for them to Pay of my finance company to get paid with whatever is left of it I will get. So now basically I am back in market to buy a car so I would like to get some suggestions ? the car my wife wrecked was 2014 Honda Accord, which was a nice car to drive, decent options and good on gas and I was thinking of finding another accord but I want to see if I can get some other car, I am not a fan of sedan nor SUV's but I do like cross-overs, anyone here drive any cross-overs ? or any other you want to recommend me? my last car was around 15,000$ this time I am thinking to put around 20,000-25,000$, I hope its decent amount to get a decent long term car.

@SQ8 @Hamartia Antidote @VCheng @GumNaam @PakFactor @ziaulislam @Myth_buster_1 @waz @HRK @MastanKhan @gambit @F-22Raptor @cloud4000 @LeGenD

I’m driving Lexus RX 350. Looks classy, great on gas, and reliable. Even though I’m fan of German cars and owned couple before, the RX 350 took my heart, my next one will be RX as well.

Buy whatever, buy one year old. And buy Toyota. Werna spare parts k liay phirty rahaingy.
Paisy Boht hain ager tu buy Mercedes G class.

Every brand have a history of unreliable offerings. To give you some perspective, do you think Audi and BMW offer high quality vehicles on average?
Nopes, that's a common misconception about German cars. They have exceptional built quality and generally very well engineered. But over a time all the gadgets and gimmicks stop working, and it costs more than the entire car to have them repaired.

Even Toyota have a history of recalling millions of vehicles over faulty components. Toyota offers quality on a consident basis nevertheless which is great.
Recalling is common in the automotive world, even the Kia Sportage was recalled. In Pakistan too. The biggest Toyota recall was that of the Tacoma chassis, that was rusting very quickly, yet they beared the 3 billion dollar brunt, to make sure their reputation wasn't hit.
Ford is not high in my list of recommendations unless it is Ford Mustang. Even in the case of Ford Mustang brand, 2015 edition was a flop but 2020 edition is very good. You need to keep an eye on these trends therefore. Never buy any car without sufficient homework on your end.
Ford does make excellent work trucks, much better than GMC/Chevy. I'm not really a fan of muscle cars, I think they're too tacky, but that's just my opinion.
What I do not like is dismissals for the sake of it. Some of the most rugged vehicles are from GMC and AN General but you will have to pay a premium in each case.
It's not for the sake of it, American brands usually perform very poor on the owner satisfaction surveys. Not me saying it.
Those who are very high on the Toyota and Honda bandwagon tend to miss out on quality offerings from other brands. These people are like ecochambers
They're just playing safe, can't blame them. Cars are hella expensive, most people don't have money to experiment with.

Now go through my posts in this thread and you will have some idea about my choices.
Very reasonable choices 👍

Back
Top Bottom