What's new

Suggestions for a new car

get an electric car, I was nervous when I got the chevy volt but ever since I got it, HAVEN'T HAD TO BUY A SINGLE DROP OFF GASOLINE! 😁
And what's the range of the car and how much do u pay for electricity?

Thanks for tagging me. I hope your wife is in good health/uninjured.

If your budget allows then Tesla Model 3. It offers excellent safety features; spacious interior; very high degree of automation (assistance), freedom from gasoline, and better performance than many cars in markets.

If not then take a look at following options:

Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid (Compact)

Mazda Mazada6 (Midsize)

Otherwise, take your time to check following list.

Nah bro, Tesla is way above my comfort zone, Plus as I am still new in the US not many Finance companies are ready to finance me with not much credit history, I was hoping to build credit history through this car but this accident changes things, I had to also take mileage in to consideration as my workplace is around 30+ mins away from home, which makes around 20+ miles (for one side).
Consider a Lexus. Japanese reliability but the build quality/extras are top end.

Personally I'm a BMW man but I live in the UK so don't understand your car market.

Lexus is good but it is considered luxury, which makes your insurances cost goes up, I do like the design and as it been Honda its still easy to maintain and find replaceable parts. BMW is an amazing car no doubt but very high maintenance.
I'd recommend the Kia Sportage, you could probably find a very good model, second hand in a much lower price than you've quoted. Plenty of interior space, just make sure it was recalled and had it's brake lines fixed (Several KIA models had that manufacturing fault). Or the Honda Pilot, a very reliable car. Or the 4Runner of you want an older model (personal favourite). It's a pity America didn't get the Fortuner, would've sold like a hotcake there.
Crossovers have their ups and downs, they're good for city driving, but if you have long drives and stay in highways most of the time, you're better off with a sedan.

Crossovers are gaining popularity in Pakistan, because of poor roads (at least Karachi) and they're basically a SUV for cheap (higher ride height, AWD etc...).

And if you want to stick with sedans, get an Avalon, Camry or another Accord. Wouldn't recommend Nissan right now. Nor the German vehicles.

(Also, try and see if you can get your hands on a second hand Lexus SUV or Cross over, they're worth every penny.)

I should have gone for SUV or cross overs to begin with, because of the animal situation in country side, its way worse in winters as deer's travel far to find food and often ended up on roads, with no street lights and sometimes you just couldn't see them, when I bought my accord my first option was Chevy Trax 2016 which was a decent car, only problem was the car lot was not ready to finance it for me as I was first time buyers with no credit history.

So guys, last Friday my wife hit a chunky deer with my car and my Insurance company instead of fixing the car are now writing it off, they told me its totaled and they towed my car today, Now I am waiting for them to Pay of my finance company to get paid with whatever is left of it I will get. So now basically I am back in market to buy a car so I would like to get some suggestions ? the car my wife wrecked was 2014 Honda Accord, which was a nice car to drive, decent options and good on gas and I was thinking of finding another accord but I want to see if I can get some other car, I am not a fan of sedan nor SUV's but I do like cross-overs, anyone here drive any cross-overs ? or any other you want to recommend me? my last car was around 15,000$ this time I am thinking to put around 20,000-25,000$, I hope its decent amount to get a decent long term car.

@SQ8 @Hamartia Antidote @VCheng @GumNaam @PakFactor @ziaulislam @Myth_buster_1 @waz @HRK @MastanKhan @gambit @F-22Raptor @cloud4000 @LeGenD

get another honda accord trust me the german car no mechanic wants to work on them parts cost a bomb. the nissan qashqai or juke, trail is nice. my fav new car but too expensive to buy is toyota hybrid ch-r

c_hr_visual_1_tcm_3060_1775556.jpg

So guys, last Friday my wife hit a chunky deer with my car and my Insurance company instead of fixing the car are now writing it off, they told me its totaled and they towed my car today, Now I am waiting for them to Pay of my finance company to get paid with whatever is left of it I will get. So now basically I am back in market to buy a car so I would like to get some suggestions ? the car my wife wrecked was 2014 Honda Accord, which was a nice car to drive, decent options and good on gas and I was thinking of finding another accord but I want to see if I can get some other car, I am not a fan of sedan nor SUV's but I do like cross-overs, anyone here drive any cross-overs ? or any other you want to recommend me? my last car was around 15,000$ this time I am thinking to put around 20,000-25,000$, I hope its decent amount to get a decent long term car.

@SQ8 @Hamartia Antidote @VCheng @GumNaam @PakFactor @ziaulislam @Myth_buster_1 @waz @HRK @MastanKhan @gambit @F-22Raptor @cloud4000 @LeGenD
Sorry to hear about this incident ...

I have no idea about the auto market in North America continent ..... so I don't think my suggestion would be relevant to the situation .....

Regards

i would have took the deer home and throw in the fire and consume it.

It was dead, can't eat it without make it halal.

dont worry just do dua and it is halal cant let a good meat go to waste. road kill very delicious. ok on a serious note many years ago this big guy from my end would drive up to the farms and would kidnap sheep and take it home and do zaba on it and they share the meat.

dont worry just do dua and it is halal cant let a good meat go to waste. road kill very delicious. ok on a serious note many years ago this big guy from my end would drive up to the farms and would kidnap sheep and take it home and do zaba on it and they share the meat.

I don't think that's how you can make a animal halal, it has to be alive before you recite Kalima and takbeer.

Nah bro, Tesla is way above my comfort zone, Plus as I am still new in the US not many Finance companies are ready to finance me with not much credit history, I was hoping to build credit history through this car but this accident changes things, I had to also take mileage in to consideration as my workplace is around 30+ mins away from home, which makes around 20+ miles (for one side).

Lexus is good but it is considered luxury, which makes your insurances cost goes up, I do like the design and as it been Honda its still easy to maintain and find replaceable parts. BMW is an amazing car no doubt but very high maintenance.

I should have gone for SUV or cross overs to begin with, because of the animal situation in country side, its way worse in winters as deer's travel far to find food and often ended up on roads, with no street lights and sometimes you just couldn't see them, when I bought my accord my first option was Chevy Trax 2016 which was a decent car, only problem was the car lot was not ready to finance it for me as I was first time buyers with no credit history.
I'd say go for a crossover rather than a SUV, primarily because SUVs tend to roll over when you swerve them too hard. Luckily for you, last 4 years have seen a boom in crossovers, so you'll likely find whatever you're looking for. But my advice is, get something that's fuel efficient/hybrid. Gas prices fluctuate a lot and crossovers are inefficient compared to sedans.
Also I nearly forgot, do checkout Subarus. Very good vehicles, no-one does AWD better than them, sure they're a bit pricey but you can get a very good deal if you're looking for used.

I'd say go for a crossover rather than a SUV, primarily because SUVs tend to roll over when you swerve them too hard. Luckily for you, last 4 years have seen a boom in crossovers, so you'll likely find whatever you're looking for. But my advice is, get something that's fuel efficient/hybrid. Gas prices fluctuate a lot and crossovers are inefficient compared to sedans.
Also I nearly forgot, do checkout Subarus. Very good vehicles, no-one does AWD better than them, sure they're a bit pricey but you can get a very good deal if you're looking for used.

True, I have seen some bad accidents on SUV here... @Azadkashmir has suggested toyota I am looking at it right now it looks amazing.
lol i am jokin trollin.

aby khama kha dara dia yaar...

Tesla Model 3 for around 34k is worth it. I have seen people having really great luxury cars but always prefer to drive their tesla's.

Still if you want a gasoline car under 25k then options are Subaru Forester, Hyundai Tucson and Ford Escape.

Last edited:
Check Telluride, my cousin loved it, he was about to get Highlander but opted for Telluride

Cars are 20 to 25% expensive due to chip shortage. Buy one of those used certified from Rental car companies like Hertz to keep things going. Chip shortage is expected to last until end of 2022.

That’s what I did after month of search and negotiations

In March, I was getting $3000 discount on 2019 Toyota C-HR at dealership. In August similarly vehicle was listed for +3000 and they would tell me upfront, there prices are not negotiable due to lack of supply. So now I was paying Almost $5000- $6000 more.

Wait until chip issue is resolved and prices go backdown.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom