What's new

Suggestions for a new car

So guys, last Friday my wife hit a chunky deer with my car and my Insurance company instead of fixing the car are now writing it off, they told me its totaled and they towed my car today, Now I am waiting for them to Pay of my finance company to get paid with whatever is left of it I will get. So now basically I am back in market to buy a car so I would like to get some suggestions ? the car my wife wrecked was 2014 Honda Accord, which was a nice car to drive, decent options and good on gas and I was thinking of finding another accord but I want to see if I can get some other car, I am not a fan of sedan nor SUV's but I do like cross-overs, anyone here drive any cross-overs ? or any other you want to recommend me? my last car was around 15,000$ this time I am thinking to put around 20,000-25,000$, I hope its decent amount to get a decent long term car.

@SQ8 @Hamartia Antidote @VCheng @GumNaam @PakFactor @ziaulislam @Myth_buster_1 @waz @HRK @MastanKhan @gambit @F-22Raptor @cloud4000 @LeGenD
Go for suv if you live up north. If don't wanna go something big the small options are like HRV or so. If you are environmental friendly and have little higher budget go for tesla lowest model. After rebates and govt incentives you will be paying same as what you will pay for a crv or rav 4 but you will be saving on gas which is out of control. Just my 2 cents.

If you can afford it, Tesla, because they are by far the best cars on the planet.

They are out of my budget for now, as I mentioned I doubt any company would finance it for me as I am still relatively new in US.
The market is completely haywire so you need to do a bit of legwork. Get on autotrader or cars.com and start off with private sellers. If you are even somewhat familiar with autos you can find a decent deal on a Honda or Toyota which is probably the best second car to find and you can get a CRV as well.

What is going in car market, a lot of people are talking about it... I have very little idea about cars, that is why I am getting confused on many different brands.
If you going for the Camry stay above the SE Model

What about Infinity ? a cousin of mine recently moved to Virginia he bought a Infinity (don't know the model) but he was very happy about it.

America mai mehran bari yaad ati hai yaar :(

Last edited:
So guys, last Friday my wife hit a chunky deer with my car and my Insurance company instead of fixing the car are now writing it off, they told me its totaled and they towed my car today, Now I am waiting for them to Pay of my finance company to get paid with whatever is left of it I will get. So now basically I am back in market to buy a car so I would like to get some suggestions ? the car my wife wrecked was 2014 Honda Accord, which was a nice car to drive, decent options and good on gas and I was thinking of finding another accord but I want to see if I can get some other car, I am not a fan of sedan nor SUV's but I do like cross-overs, anyone here drive any cross-overs ? or any other you want to recommend me? my last car was around 15,000$ this time I am thinking to put around 20,000-25,000$, I hope its decent amount to get a decent long term car.

@SQ8 @Hamartia Antidote @VCheng @GumNaam @PakFactor @ziaulislam @Myth_buster_1 @waz @HRK @MastanKhan @gambit @F-22Raptor @cloud4000 @LeGenD

Start calling up showrooms and asking the question "I want a car that my wife can't wreck". Take it from there.

Oh, and I hope your marriage is not a car, or at least you don't let your wife drive it.

abhi ye kahega indus ya 88 Corolla lelo and put a Honda sticker on it and be proud in your swag.

this guy promised a whole new economic policy for Pakistan simply to derail an Iranian thread once.

Budget wise, Toyota is the way to go. My 2012 corolla hatch is still going strong for almost 10 years now and haven’t serviced it for 2 years. My dad’s SUV and aunt’s sedan are old Toyota’s ans are going strong as well.

My next car will be a Toyota brand because they’re cheap and reliable in a long term.

TOYOTA - RAV 4

1633244467367.png

This ranking is informed by inspection of 2 million used cars since 1993 in the United States.
Problem with surveys spanning this wide is that car brands like Kia and Hyundai, which transitioned from beaters to proper family vehicles are at a disadvantage, Kia and Hyundai seriously improved their quality in the last 5 years. Same with Lincoln with their newer SUVs. Hence I prefer annual reports instead. Which tend to give a more precise picture.
2021010a.JPG

GMC is renowned for its legendary Hummer line-up but you will have to pay a premium for one of these offerings. 70,000/- USD is starting price point
An average Joe really can't spend 70K, though the new electric Hummer is a very tempting offer.

Don't pay for these overpriced Toyota, Honda, etc. Go for a Haval Jolion (Ultra) with 7-year unlimited warranty.

Overpriced tin.

If its in your budget then Toyota Avalon. For consumer sedans....there is none better from Toyota. Like most Toyotas it's built like a tank and driving it is a pleasure.
Depending upon ur location and needs, u can buy FWD or an AWD as well.

They are out of my budget for now, as I mentioned I doubt any company would finance it for me as I am still relatively new in US.

What is going in car market, a lot of people are talking about it... I have very little idea about cars, that is why I am getting confused on many different brands.

What about Infinity ? a cousin of mine recently moved to Virginia he bought a Infinity (don't know the model) but he was very happy about it.

Go with the Infiniti Q60 it's the one I have and the drive is amazing on that machine.

Problem with surveys spanning this wide is that car brands like Kia and Hyundai, which transitioned from beaters to proper family vehicles are at a disadvantage, Kia and Hyundai seriously improved their quality in the last 5 years. Same with Lincoln with their newer SUVs. Hence I prefer annual reports instead. Which tend to give a more precise picture.
2021010a.JPG
Any well-informed ranking is meaningful and helpful.

J.D. Power is useful for checking 'quality shifts' on yearly basis.

Buick, Cadillac, Hyundai and Mazda have improved a lot in recent years.

Tesla Model 3 and Ford Mustang - both are much better and competitive since 2020.

Tesla Model 3 does not have loud noise problems and its NHTSA recalls have steadily fallen since 2018.

It shall be noted that some of the automobiles are increasingly high-tech and digitalized than ever before. These factors create a whole new range of technicalities for the consumers (and vendors). Mechanical parts are shrinking in terms of application and mechanical reliability is in decline accordingly.

Therefore, reliability factor of numerous automobiles might shift over time. The perception that Toyota and Honda will continue to rule the roster might not be the case for indefinite period.

Another thing is 'maintenance'. If a consumer is careless in this matter? No automobile will last long in this case. If you buy one, learn how to maintain it.

Environment is another factor. Some automobiles are designed to cope with certain environmental conditions better than others.

An average Joe really can't spend 70K, though the new electric Hummer is a very tempting offer.
True.

EV having that much raw power? Stunning.

Reinforced bed below? Perfect for offroad driving experiences.

Hummer is the LeGenD of 4 wheelers; true representation of American quality engineering for consumers.

Anyways, nice talking to you. Thanks for your valuable insights.

Back
Top Bottom