What's new

indian soft power VS pakistani islamist power

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
i think everyone of you know that indian soft power media-film -diplomacy and being open country working 1000s time more then Pakistani Islamist power . world know us only for jihad bombing and destruction our diplomacy totally failed people scared to travel to Pakistan . don't you guys think time for Islamist power is went long ago in 1990 when soviets defeated ? please advise how can we make Pakistani image better and acceptable to modern world.

i think everyone of you know that indian soft power media-film -diplomacy and being open country working 1000s time more then Pakistani Islamist power . world know us only for jihad bombing and destruction our diplomacy totally failed people scared to travel to Pakistan . don't you guys think time for Islamist power is went long ago in 1990 when soviets defeated ? please advise how can we make Pakistani image better and acceptable to modern world.

Learn from recent Saudi changes/reforms.

Learn from recent Saudi changes/reforms.
not only saudi last year i traveled many countries i notice it when i talked to people .once even when i signed an Egyptian guy told me you are khan i haired khans are very dangerous used guns and bombs always :hitwall: i replied to him look at me did i look dangerous ?:cry:

Try to tone down the animosity towards India. Not necessarily make friends with India.

As Pakistanis are truely concerned about the welfare of Kashmiris work with India for the divided families to meet.

And stop having false hopes that somehow magically Kashmir will become part of Pakistan.

You are one of the pakistani member i respect the most. This topic will only have abuses for u from your country men.

Best of luck.

Try to tone down the animosity towards India. Not necessarily make friends with India.

As Pakistanis are truely concerned about the welfare of Kashmiris work with India for the divided families to meet.

And stop having false hopes that somehow magically Kashmir will become part of Pakistan.
look dear here is damn issue

pakistan make a huge mistake turning a territorial dispute to religious war . today no country openly tak about kashmir because of ISI made jihad and religious war . do you know there and dozens of territorial disputes between countries on earth but no one turn in religious war not even turkey . it was huge mistake . loc is border and will be border case closed .

We do not have the same problems or weaknesses that Saudis have.
we have problemistan . 70k pakistanis killed 1000000 bombs blasted . saudi issues are nothing in front of ours

First two recommendations ( since you asked):

ac670a4bc021a4eb8fdfd74eae3b3abe.jpg

anchored-to-my-past_1.jpg

The White anglosaxon protestant (WASP) countries are only interested in keeping other countries under their influence, so they can continue to exploit resources and any other geopolitical advantage they can to keep on top of the pecking order in the world. They are in direct competition with the Russians and increasingly the Chinese.

Muslim countries from the early days of Islam have been seen as a threat and these people have been in conflict with us, sometimes as individual countries, other times as unified blocs. Until you are subservient to them they continue to malign you regardless of whatever image you try to portray.

We are not the same as the Indians, we never will be. They don't consider the Indians a threat because Hinduism has been isolated to the area around India for thousands of years, they don't see it as crossing into "their territory" and India has accepted a subservient role to them, serving their interests vis a vis China, opening it's doors to western corporations to exploit indian workers via outsourcing etc.

Now back to your original point, it doesn't make much sense, you're trying to draw parallels where none exist. What you term as "islamist power" is a basic necessity, it was required to support the struggle in Kashmir and to have influence in Afghanistan because we can't compete with the Indians financially or diplomatically.

Furthermore soft power is developed by governments. The Indians for all their flaws have much better governance than us, and it is seen in the capitalist success they are having, as well as in the diplomatic success. We don't have soft power, because we have incredibly terrible government. I don't think there are many Pakistani's alive who've experienced a competent government, i think the last one was probably during the times of Ayub Khan.

The White anglosaxon protestant (WASP) countries are only interested in keeping other countries under their influence, so they can continue to exploit resources and any other geopolitical advantage they can to keep on top of the pecking order in the world. They are in direct competition with the Russians and increasingly the Chinese.

Muslim countries from the early days of Islam have been seen as a threat and these people have been in conflict with us, sometimes as individual countries, other times as unified blocs. Until you are subservient to them they continue to malign you regardless of whatever image you try to portray.

We are not the same as the Indians, we never will be. They don't consider the Indians a threat because Hinduism has been isolated to the area around India for thousands of years, they don't see it as crossing into "their territory" and India has accepted a subservient role to them, serving their interests vis a vis China, opening it's doors to western corporations to exploit indian workers via outsourcing etc.

Now back to your original point, it doesn't make much sense, you're trying to draw parallels where none exist. What you term as "islamist power" is a basic necessity, it was required to support the struggle in Kashmir and to have influence in Afghanistan because we can't compete with the Indians financially or diplomatically.

Furthermore soft power is developed by governments. The Indians for all their flaws have much better governance than us, and it is seen in the capitalist success they are having, as well as in the diplomatic success. We don't have soft power, because we have incredibly terrible government. I don't think there are many Pakistani's alive who've experienced a competent government, i think the last one was probably during the times of Ayub Khan.
sir i am trying to say we need a soft power which respected in world i want to see pakistan a respected country . today we are labeled as islamists only . its hard to trade buy weapons and gain support in international community with out current state .

look dear here is damn issue

pakistan make a huge mistake turning a territorial dispute to religious war . today no country openly tak about kashmir because of ISI made jihad and religious war . do you know there and dozens of territorial disputes between countries on earth but no one turn in religious war not even turkey . it was huge mistake . loc is border and will be border case closed .

Most of the sensible people know it on both sides of the border. It is only Pak army's ego which is not letting reality to take hold.

In all this China is the only country quietly achieving what it wants keeping both countries in perpetual state of enmity.

Soft power is often provided not by government but the culture/society/people of the country. Our soft power is terrorists, bombers, jihadis, radical groups and a uncanny ability to host all the misfits of the Muslim world. Other Muslim countries export their garbage to Pakistan. For instance OBL was Saudi but that country did not want anything to do with him, he then went to Sudan, that country did not want to do anything with him. Despite having 30 Arab speaking countries OBL ended up in Pakistan and brought one of the single biggest cases of infamy to Pakistan when he was killed in Abottabad.

The reality is Pakistan has more to sell to the world then India has but we sadly we have painted Pakistan as "Islamic terroristan" to the world and because of that we will suffer and continue to suffer. I am even more disheartened by Pakistani members living in the west coming up with contrived excuses. They fail to explain that WASP countries are very close countries like KSA/GCC. Or that Turkey as a NATO member is doing better then India or most of the world. What happened to WASP countries controlling the agenda in Turkey. If Turkey, UAE can do well despite being tied to WASP countries why has Pakistan fallen for the shenangigans of the west.

Fact is it is only Pakistan that has shot itself in the foot. And that is because Pak long time ago chased this religious citadel dream. And now it has gotten what it wanted. A religious hellhole when people are being killed on the flimsiest of reasons of faith. Or others are on the war to gave us their version of Islamic utopia. Because everyone has their Islam and feel the urge to shove that version on rest of society in the name of Allah.

Ps. There is little correlation with Kashmir as some Indian's are suggesting. Many countries have territorial issues but they don't go down the road Pakistan has. I think Pakistan is where it is largely because of what the elite chose to adopt as policies decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom