What's new

Indian Railway eyes rail link to China

Gossipmonger

Reaction score
PATNA: The Indian Railways is studying a proposal to construct a high-speed rail link which will ultimately link the country with China in the future. China has too shown a keen interest to have rail link with India through Manipur areas. At present, China is carrying out a major railway project on its borders to establish a link with India. The proposed rail link between these two giants of Asia is likely to improve further business and trades between them.

According to a Railway Board official, the Indian Railways has already started its initial preparations to provide a rail link on the Jiribam -Moreh route linking Manipur and Myanmar. The railways has been laying broad gauge ( BG) rail lines from Jiribam in south-western Manipur to Moreh on the border of Myanmar, he said, adding this route will connect with the proposed track link being built on the India-Myanmar borders.

The Board official said that an established rail link between India and Myanmar is bound to help these two countries for carrying more shipment and transportation of goods easily to China. According to a report, India s largest trade partner is China in Asia registering about $ 60 billon worth trades last year alone, he said.

According to sources, the railways considers Myanmar as an important regional hub for the railways connecting China and India. China has been trying for long to have its south-western regions develop rail ink with parts of Myanmar.

India is equally keen to make trans-Asian rail project successful in the larger interests of both China and India, sources said, adding the Indian Railways has worked out its plan under the Look East policy providing rail link through Silchar-Imphal-Moreh route to China. According to sources, the railways has decided to complete two major rail projects in the eastern region. While it will develop outskirts of Imphal city for road purpose, it is keen to make Moreh a centre place for import and export.

China wants to build a high-speed rail link to most of the south-western cities, including New Delhi, sources said. Recently, China reached an agreement with several Central Asian countries to go ahead with the ambitious trans-Asian rail project connecting it directly to India, Pakistan, Iraq, Singapore, Russia and other European countries.

However, China s most important proposal is to build a rail line from Kunming located in south-western Yunnen province in Myanmar to New Delhi, sources said.

Railway eyes rail link to China - The Times of India

it is good move but i dont think it come soon.

i guess u all know how much time our babus take in clearing file. forst railway ministry then home ministry then defence, external affairs and finally PMO. and then they again send file back to railways so this circle goes on and on.

China India high-speed rail link via Nepal & China India high-speed rail link via Myanmar earlier Proposed.

When Indian PM visits China to attend the BRICS Summit this April (Next month) Let's see.....

:smitten:

How does having a high speed rail help improve trade and business. Unless there is passenger traffic, there is no use of high speed rail. A conventional rail would be a better and more economically viable option.
But I highly doubt the IR will approve this project.

china will have their part done in 1 year and India... well :) . this is a good thing, if it happens BIG If!

China India high-speed rail link via Nepal & China India high-speed rail link via Myanmar earlier Proposed.

When Indian PM visits China to attend the BRICS Summit this April (Next month) Let's see.....

:smitten:

kal ka bhukaar utar gaya ???posting some fake pic with caption as Srilankan people protesting against indian goverment..
Busted
:sniper: :police: :pleasantry:

How does having a high speed rail help improve trade and business. Unless there is passenger traffic, there is no use of high speed rail. A conventional rail would be a better and more economically viable option.
But I highly doubt the IR will approve this project.
I think you don't know anything about economics....It will help from quick transport of goods. Have you never seen Mal-gaadi ??/Now imagine if travels more than double the speed, the transport will be quick. More traders will then prefer trains, perishable goods will also reach quickly. More and more industries will set up across the railway link. Also they could make it pass through Bangladesh and then to West Bengal and they could connect it to shipyards. Believe it or not but this rail-link will change the face of whole NE region.

I think you don't know anything about economics....It will help from quick transport of goods. Have you never seen Mal-gaadi ??/Now imagine if travels more than double the speed, the transport will be quick. More traders will then prefer trains, perishable goods will also reach quickly. More and more industries will set up across the railway link. Also they could make it pass through Bangladesh and then to West Bengal and they could connect it to shipyards. Believe it or not but this rail-link will change the face of whole NE region.
I think I have a fair bit of knowledge on the economics... especially when I am running my company/business.

Where in the world goods are transported on a high speed rail link? The cost becomes too high in case of high speed rails to recover from goods transport. It is not economically feasible. What is needed is a conventional rail link which can double up as a passenger rail system. The conventional rail can still do around 120-160kmph. If the feasibility study is in regards to these speeds, then it might be economically viable to recover the money and still keep the prices within reasonable bounds ... we don't need 250-350kmph rail link for transporting goods for sure.

I think I have a fair bit of knowledge on the economics... especially when I am running my company/business.

Where in the world goods are transported on a high speed rail link? The cost becomes too high in case of high speed rails to recover from goods transport. It is not economically feasible. What is needed is a conventional rail link which can double up as a passenger rail system. The conventional rail can still do around 120-160kmph. If the feasibility study is in regards to these speeds, then it might be economically viable to recover the money and still keep the prices within reasonable bounds ... we don't need 250-350kmph rail link for transporting goods for sure.

you don't have mid to long term vision.

at this stage, it is probably true that most of goods can be transported using crappy trains with a much acceptable price and the problem for high speed rail is its price. however, you completely ignored the fact that such kind of infrastructure is built for the current and further generations, it will be used for decades. can you argue using the same "cost" crap in another 20 years? the bottom line: if india doesn't invest now, it is not going to get the chance to operate such high speed rail and keep reducing the operational costs in long run.

in fact, the regime in new delhi is using the exact excuses denying the development opportunies for india/indians - when China builts thousands of kms highway each year, they play the "cost" card, when China builds high end sea bridges, ports, they use the "cost" card. what indians living in india got for the past 3 decades? nothing!

eglish did it to make India slave and controll over rebel any where. well India become after independece before it it was not united India.

you don't have mid to long term vision.

at this stage, it is probably true that most of goods can be transported using crappy trains with a much acceptable price and the problem for high speed rail is its price. however, you completely ignored the fact that such kind of infrastructure is built for the current and further generations, it will be used for decades. can you argue using the same "cost" crap in another 20 years? the bottom line: if india doesn't invest now, it is not going to get the chance to operate such high speed rail and keep reducing the operational costs in long run.

in fact, the regime in new delhi is using the exact excuses denying the development opportunies for india/indians - when China builts thousands of kms highway each year, they play the "cost" card, when China builds high end sea bridges, ports, they use the "cost" card. what indians living in india got for the past 3 decades? nothing!

We have different priorities at the moment compared to China. The money at hand is better spent on improving power generation, road network, investing in civic infrastructure both urban and rural.

Yes I want to have a long term vision, but I don't want to forget the practicality of certain aspects of development which is more beneficial to my country. We need to care for our poor first and help them lift out of poverty and once we are at a comfortable level, we can invest in such projects. There is no way we will get a HS corridor just to link to China when the rest of the country's rails crawl at a slow pace.

We have different priorities at the moment compared to China. The money at hand is better spent on improving power generation, road network, investing in civic infrastructure both urban and rural.

then show me the progress done by the Singh regime.

let me tell you ours in the current government's term:
1. we built 8000km high speed rail and put it into daily operation.
2. we extended social security coverage to almost our entire population.
3. we committed an extra $200 billion USD funding for education, this is on top of the existing annual education budget.
4. every damn single year, 10 million Chinese families buy new cars.

Yes I want to have a long term vision, but I don't want to forget the practicality of certain aspects of development which is more beneficial to my country.

That is the exact reason why I am asking what the regime of Singh achieved in his brutal control over india in the past several years!

show me details, no excuses.

We need to care for our poor first and help them lift out of poverty and once we are at a comfortable level, we can invest in such projects.

This is the typical propaganda used by the Singh regime.

By having a developed infrastructure, we built our manufacturing based economy in the 90s and the past several years, 400 million Chinese migration workers work in that sector, their income is about 4-5 times higher than a typical labor in india. As of today, we have implemented laws to include all of them into social society systems, they all eligible for public funded medical care, their kids goes to public schools without fee for up to 9 years, when they retire they are eligible for pension.

tell me what the Singh regime offered to your poors.

There is no way we will get a HS corridor just to link to China when the rest of the country's rails crawl at a slow pace.

It is never about this link itself. It is never about the high speed rail.

It is all about the question why the regime in new delhi sysmatically failed india/indians for so many decades. There is only one way to fix it - an uprising from the poor to overturn the regime in new delhi.

Back
Top Bottom