What's new

India to receive 15 Russian Mi-17B-5 copters

xataxsata

Reaction score
India to receive 15 Russian Mi-17B-5 copters

MOSCOW (PTI): India will receive 15 Mi-17B-5 helicopters this year from Russia as part of the contract for 80 choppers.

Russia is to supply the helicopters to India within the framework of a contract India's Defense Ministry signed with Russia's arms exporter Rosoboronexport.

The contract is likely to be complemented with an extra order for 59 such helicopters, the general director of the Helicopters of Russia holding company, Dmitry Petrov, told Itar-Tass.

Russia is participating in the Indian Defence Ministry's tenders for the upgrade of 108 helicopters Mi-17 for the Indian army and 17 Ka-28 helicopters for the Indian Navy, Petrov said.

India to receive 15 Russian Mi-17B-5 copters - Brahmand.com

15 a year is pathetic! It is going to take 8-9 years to fulfil this order (if extra 59 are ordered)

i-i08-12-029mi-17.jpg

That is cool we also need to improve on AWACS its the intelligence in sky

What is the difference between MI-17 and MI-17B??

It's actually Mi-17V5 not B5.The V5 is an upgraded version with a rear loading ramp the original versions had the the clamp shell doors.It has a glass cockpit and has the option of the either a dolphin cone nose or the original Mi-17 nose.The dolphin cone nose can mount a radar as well.Also the V5 has uprated engines and better performance than the original Mi-17 in hot and high conditions.This variant is my Kazan.There is one more known as Mi-171 similar to the V5 from Ulan Ude.

The Mi-8 and Mi-17 variants are really hard to distinguish.They have too many variations for the same model.

It's actually Mi-17V5 not B5.The V5 is an upgraded version with a rear loading ramp the original versions had the the clamp shell doors.It has a glass cockpit and has the option of the either a dolphin cone nose or the original Mi-17 nose.The dolphin cone nose can mount a radar as well.Also the V5 has uprated engines and better performance than the original Mi-17 in hot and high conditions.This variant is my Kazan.There is one more known as Mi-171 similar to the V5 from Ulan Ude.

The Mi-8 and Mi-17 variants are really hard to distinguish.They have too many variations for the same model.

videshi ho ya bideshi, hum tho varathbasi :Phain

1650372.jpg

Seems like pakistan has it too (or are those flags photoshoped :what: )
its the same version

sorry,
you have 4--four :smitten: MI-17V-5's given by US
If i missed any other deal, can u enlighten me plzz

Pakistan Army n Air Force use them n they are in dozens. Most of them upgraded in 2007/8.
We got them Russia.

Pakistan Army n Air Force use them n they are in dozens. Most of them upgraded in 2007/8.
We got them Russia.

Not you got from Russia but NATO procured them for you .....Get the fact right ....

Back
Top Bottom