What's new

India To Lease Second Russian Nuclear Attack Submarine

According to wiki, 1 active, 1 in sea trial. My original post was to respond to another person's comment that is related to SSBN, not leased sub or SSN. Somehow you dragged me to leased sub and SSNs and kept on calling Chinese subs are vintage. :) Comparing to US or even some Russia subs, sure, Chinese subs are a bit vintage. Anyway, that is besides the point.
If you check i specifically referred to some chinese trolls who are hell bent on displaying their zilch level intelligence...b.w wikipedia is correct...and that's why Arihant and her counterpart has only one role to play...they can't be used for snooping and regular petrols...when the numbers are in IN favor you will not find any news about lease...

yes you are right 1 trillion dollar US bonds is just not enough.
That is just the liability Chinese government has for its people, not a measure of wealth. You only see 1 trillion dollar of US bonds. You don't see the equivalent amount of Chinese currency has been printed and into the domestic circulation.

And from Chinese perspective, China didn't want to be an enemy of India while India successfully made China to be its enemy.

China invaded India first. India was never the aggressor in any incident with China.

What I merely commented was on your comparison of both countries' SSBN development and their patrol dates.

You go on a deterrence patrol only if you are confident about your submarine.

You build a SSBN for deterrence, and you do that by loading it with nukes and sending it out for deterrence patrol, which China never did.

China invaded India first. India was never the aggressor in any incident with China.
I am not going to have a historical dispute with you.

You go on a deterrence patrol only if you are confident about your submarine.

You build a SSBN for deterrence, and you do that by loading it with nukes and sending it out for deterrence patrol, which China never did.
I am amazed with your confidence on your information of Chinese top secret.

Chini can't name one Chinese naval war flotilla that is fully made in China. Lol

Yea everything become Top secret when Chinese are asked to prove it.

It's not top secret. It's common knowledge.

The Type 092 for example. which was commissioned in 1981, never went out on a proper deterrence patrol. It was just a test bed.

The Type 094 was commissioned in 2007 and went out for deterrence patrol only in 2015. And the US has pointed out that the Type 094 is quite noisy. Meaning, USN ONI said that the submarine is noisier than the old Delta III that the Russians introduced in the 70s.

Which is why millions of you are there ? Right ?

You didn't get the point made. Indian people may be poor, but the govt is not in comparison to all Arab countries. For example, the GDP of Saudi Arabia is about $700B while that is the total govt expenditure for India.

It's not top secret. It's common knowledge.

The Type 092 for example. which was commissioned in 1981, never went out on a proper deterrence patrol. It was just a test bed.

The Type 094 was commissioned in 2007 and went out for deterrence patrol only in 2015. And the US has pointed out that the Type 094 is quite noisy. Meaning, USN ONI said that the submarine is noisier than the old Delta III that the Russians introduced in the 70s.

The Type 096 under the construction is using the shaftless rim pump-jet, only the Columbia class SSBN also uses this kind of technology. The SCS is the stronghold for China's SSBN, that's why China has increased the range of the JL-2 from 8000 km to 12000 km, because to conduct the deterrence patrol in the Pacific Ocean is just too risky, and when you got spotted, you also risk to leak your classified specs to your opponent. To state about China's SSBN/SSN is about the technological level of the 1970s Soviet boomers is just so 2000-2010, even now most of the US think tanks won't take this statement seriously.

However, I do agree that the Chinese members should not meddle this thread.

The Type 096 under the construction is using the shaftless rim pump-jet, only the Columbia class SSBN also uses this kind of technology. The SCS is the stronghold for China's SSBN, that's why China has increased the range of the JL-2 from 8000 km to 12000 km, because to conduct the deterrence patrol in the Pacific Ocean is too risky, and when you got spotted, you also risk to leak your classified specs to your opponent. To state about China's SSBN/SSN is about the technological level of the 1970s Soviet boomers is just so 2000-2010, even now most of the US INTEL won't take this statement seriously.

Having a Chinese submarine in the Pacific Ocean is actually beneficial because its so large which means harder to detect. I don't even have to tell you to look at the map. Having your SSBNs confine in SCS has certain advantages of being protected by other assets. But because its in smaller area, it can be detected.

Having a Chinese submarine in the Pacific Ocean is actually beneficial because its so large which means harder to detect. I don't even have to tell you to look at the map. Having your SSBNs confine in SCS has certain advantages of being protected by other assets. But because its in smaller area, it can be detected.

We will see, since in the past, China's surface vessels were insignificant compared to the USN. So China didn't want to openly challenge the USN by letting its SSBN/SSN to play the lone wolf.

Now the quality/quantity of the Chinese surface vessels have been significantly increased, so it is expected that the underground activities of the Chinese SSBN/SSN will also insignificantly increase.

There were many unreported encounters between the Chinese SSBN/SSN and the USN.

Here is just one of the examples from 2009.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-06-13/chinese-sub-smashes-us-destroyers-sonar/1712650

We will see, since in the past, China's surface vessels were insignificant compared to the USN. So China didn't want to openly challenge the USN by letting its SSBN/SSN to play the lone wolf.

Now the quality/quantity of the Chinese surface vessels have been significantly increased, so it is expected that the underground activities of the Chinese SSBN/SSN will also insignificantly increase.

There were many unreported encounters between the Chinese SSBN/SSN and the USN.

Here is just one of the examples from 2009.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-06-13/chinese-sub-smashes-us-destroyers-sonar/1712650

Oh yeah wouldn't be surprised about it. Well known tactic by Russians was doing crazy Ivan move by turning 180 degrees to see if any American submarine was tailing it for intel.

The Type 096 under the construction is using the shaftless rim pump-jet, only the Columbia class SSBN also uses this kind of technology.

If you are talking about the future, then everybody is working towards it.

To state about China's SSBN/SSN is about the technological level of the 1970s Soviet boomers is just so 2000-2010, even now most of the US INTEL won't take this statement seriously.

We were talking about older subs though.

Oh yeah wouldn't be surprised about it. Well known tactic by Russians was doing crazy Ivan move by turning 180 degrees to see if any American submarine was tailing it for intel.

I guess the Chinese sub that stalked the strike group of the USS Ronald Reagan back in 2015 should be a Type 093B, while the one that played the mouse/cat game with the USS John McCain back in 2009 should be a Type 093.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...bmarine-stalked-an-american-aircraft-carrier/

If you are talking about the future, then everybody is working towards it.

Sure, even with the available assistance from the foreign power is still better than starting everything from scratch.

Everyone is heading toward the sophisticated nuclear subs that is capable to equip with the directed-energy weapons, not only just for reducing the noise level. No need to start everything from scratch by itself when the foreign assistance is available.

We were talking about older subs though.

China's Type 091/092 were not great, but the Type 093/094 from a decade ago were mid-carders like the LA class and Delta IV class, while some western reports had greatly exaggerated its noise level.

Last edited:
Actually if you had any idea of what unarmed drones can do...you would not make a fool of yourself...the way you are doing here...however probability of that would be 10 times less than us finding flying cows in Mars...similarly you have zero clue on what good is a leased nuclear sub.....
Some people have no idea what unarmed drones can do. Yanks used U2s & Black Birds to improve their radar jamming capabilities.

I guess the Chinese sub that stalked the strike group of the USS Ronald Reagan back in 2015 should be a Type 093B, while the one that played the mouse/cat game with the USS John McCain back in 2009 should be a Type 093.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...bmarine-stalked-an-american-aircraft-carrier/

Did the Chinese military said anything? What the submarine was? Says the carrier group was tracking the submarine for half a day before it left. No communication or anything like that.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom