What's new

India To Lease Second Russian Nuclear Attack Submarine

I suppose so, I don't dispute it. My point is these are paper boats right now, so any comparison will be quite useless.

I'm going by what the USN ONI has revealed, nothing else.

For example, the Type 093 is well known to not cross the 300m limit. That's 70s tech. You are going to have to go lower if you want to blend in with background noise, or else you are going to be detectable. Otoh, the Akula II that we operate hits 600m on a good day. So you can't compare the Type 093 to even the Akula 1. That's why the comparison with Delta III which manages 320m on a good day. So, as far as ONI is concerned, their comparison with the Delta III is accurate. The Type 094 is also no better than the Type 093.

The ONI has revealed only about noise levels compared to Russian and American subs, there was nothing about Arihant though.:D.

Actually you are wrong, 093 can only submerge for 50 meters according to open sources. :enjoy:
OOO wait India doesn't have a SSN. It just rented ONE SSN. :lol:

According to the Chinese source, the depth of the Type 093 is about 400 meters.

http://www.sohu.com/a/109751323_131512

I don't doubt these sources, since it is identical to what I read in the navy book in China. The Type 091/092 can dive to 300 meters which is well known among many old school military fans in China.

The Russian subs were well known for its capability of diving deep, even the most powerful US subs like Seawolf cannot match these extraordinary capability.

Overall, China's territorial water is not very deep, except in the SCS. So China didn't spend too much resources on the depth capability of its previous generation submarine. I think the Type 093 is more suitable to compare with the LA class. All the specs between these two subs are very similar.
Noooo, we can only dive 50 meters. Please tell the Indians the truth. Funny how we don't even have to spy on India and they will even declare to you what their submarine is capable of in diving depth. These jokers.

According to the Chinese source, the depth of the Type 093 is about 400 meters.

http://www.sohu.com/a/109751323_131512

I don't doubt these sources, since it is identical to what I read in the navy book in China. The Type 091/092 can dive to 300 meters which is well known among many old school military fans in China.

The Russian subs were well known for its capability of diving deep, even the most powerful US subs like Seawolf cannot match these extraordinary capability.

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/seawolf/
With a diving depth of 610m,

Overall, China's territorial water is not very deep, except in the SCS. So China didn't spend too much resources on the depth capability of its previous generation submarine. I think the Type 093 is more suitable to compare with the LA class. All the specs between these two subs are very similar.

Just because specs are similar doesn't mean the technology used is the same. I suppose newer models may be better, but then we were comparing the Arihant, our first sub, to the first Type 094. So the Arihant is a huge improvement if the Russians say it is as quiet as the Akula.

We can just agree to disagree. But that also means you are disagreeing with the ONI.

It's not top secret. It's common knowledge.

The Type 092 for example. which was commissioned in 1981, never went out on a proper deterrence patrol. It was just a test bed.

The Type 094 was commissioned in 2007 and went out for deterrence patrol only in 2015. And the US has pointed out that the Type 094 is quite noisy. Meaning, USN ONI said that the submarine is noisier than the old Delta III that the Russians introduced in the 70s.

You didn't get the point made. Indian people may be poor, but the govt is not in comparison to all Arab countries. For example, the GDP of Saudi Arabia is about $700B while that is the total govt expenditure for India.
Yet Indian population is what 10 times of that?
Your analogy is totally wrong. Well if it makes you feel better and bloats your ego

The ONI has revealed only about noise levels compared to Russian and American subs, there was nothing about Arihant though.:D.

There was nothing about Arihant because it was way too quiet for them to detect. :D

Actually you are wrong, 093 can only submerge for 50 meters according to open sources. :enjoy:
OOO wait India doesn't have a SSN. It just rented ONE SSN. :lol:

Noooo, we can only dive 50 meters. Please tell the Indians the truth. Funny how we don't even have to spy on India and they will even declare to you what their submarine is capable of in diving depth. These jokers.

Bro, quality trumps quantity. :D

Bro, your Type 095 and 096 don't exist yet. Even the Chinese won't know its noise level until it hits the water and is in operation, so how do you expect the USN to have an opinion about it?

The Type 093 and 094 are nothing to write home about as of today.
Nothing to write about compared to Russian and US subs but to Indians subs built using Russian steel and that too with no prior domestic design capabilities. I think we are worlds apart jose. 093 and 094 noise levels are guesstimates, so how did they get it when according to you we never patrol at all? Remember the ONI report came out in 2009, 2 years after the introduction.

:lol:

I suppose you are not fit for a technical discussion.
Normally that's what Indians do when you can't comprehend nor refute what I said. :D

US ONI produced a guesstimate chart on US and Russian subs, I don't see any Arihant in there. Or maybe Arihant went through the time machine to be measured?

We have a much smaller budget than you do, we spent a lot less money in comparison.
That's why pay peanuts, get brown monkeys.

Is that why you produce engines through licensing while we import? :lol:
Some engines are produced under license, some are copied and reversed, some are improved and indigenized. Please highlight which one. You import almost everything, from rifles to artillery, that's not a surprise.:lol:

LCA is not a Mirage clone.
Sure sure. The consultant happen to be Dssault.:lol:

Quality over quantity. :enjoy:
You call an underpowered reactor quality? :lol:

Just because specs are similar doesn't mean the technology used is the same. I suppose newer models may be better, but then we were comparing the Arihant, our first sub, to the first Type 094. So the Arihant is a huge improvement if the Russians say it is as quiet as the Akula.

We can just agree to disagree. But that also means you are disagreeing with the ONI.

ONI is conflicting with our official information, so we have no obligation to agree with it at all.

Just like the Chinese media has openly reported that the J-20 engines are the domestic one, so we don't have to take seriously at those reports that stated the J-20 using the Russian engines.

Yet Indian population is what 10 times of that?
Your analogy is totally wrong. Well if it makes you feel better and bloats your ego
According to that Indian genius, our subs sat still for 8 years. And by deterrent patrol, how far should it go? Deterrent against who? India can have deterrent against Pakistan and China by just cruising 1km form the coast. Deterrent my foot.

It's as quiet as Akula and yet you spend 2 billion renting one. :lol:. No wonder the Russian milk this holy cow.

ONI is conflicting with our official information, so we have no obligation to agree with it at all.

If the ONI is dismissing capabilities, then it's far more realistic.

Facts speak for themselves. Your first real deterrence patrol was carried out in 2015, just a few months before Arihant was commissioned. And from within your regional waters, your only realistic targets are in India, not the US.

Just like the Chinese media has openly reported that the J-20 engines are the domestic one, so we don't have to take seriously at those reports that stated the J-20 using the Russian engines.

I don't consider western media reliable when it comes to Russian or Chinese news. They even make mistakes with respect to India, even if news is available in English also. But ONI is a high ranking department within the USN, extremely reliable when they make something public.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Naval_Intelligence

You can't compare ONI, which is present in your waters making actual real time measurements, versus the media, which relies on hearsay more than actual news.

If the ONI is dismissing capabilities, then it's far more realistic.

Facts speak for themselves. Your first real deterrence patrol was carried out in 2015, just a few months before Arihant was commissioned. And from within your regional waters, your only realistic targets are in India, not the US.
Using a 8000 JL-2, 11000km JL-2A to target India? Seriously you have some inferiority complex, told you, Pakistan is there to handle monkeys like you.

I don't consider western media reliable when it comes to Russian or Chinese news. They even make mistakes with respect to India, even if news is available in English also. But ONI is a high ranking department within the USN, extremely reliable when they make something public.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Naval_Intelligence

You can't compare ONI, which is present in your waters making actual real time measurements, versus the media, which relies on hearsay more than actual news.
The point is ONI did not say Arihant is quieter though, only Indians are saying it.

Arihant is SSBN. Akula is SSN.

SSBN = Launches ballistic missiles.
SSN = Hunts ships and subs.

This is why I said, "I suppose you are not fit for a technical discussion."
Genius, if you can make an SSBN as quiet as Akula, why can't you make an SSN as quiet as Akula? Get it? Why spend 2 billion?

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom