What's new

India To Lease Second Russian Nuclear Attack Submarine

You still do not get the essence of my argument. Just because Pakistan did it, so India should spend billions on an UNARMED sub? Have some independent thought please? Think.
As usual the white monkeylike to post even without reading the article!... where does it say it is unmanned?? ... this imagination is so over the top!!
You got problem with your eyesight or your Hinglish sucks.
Allow me to help you, poor thing.

India does what it thinks it best for her security using her own money, I wonder why it worries Chinese so much. Your own expertise in this matter has been 'proven' by your lack of awareness of leasing of weapons. So Mr expert, what are your credentials to do a valuation on a 2 billion lease for 10 year period of a nuclear submarine?

Go back and grease your HSR threads, like all Chinese here do. TA!
I mean seriously, first you spend billions buying unarmed drones, and you don't see a problem in that? And now leasing billions for an unarmed sub. What is next? Buying rifles without bullets? :lol:

Remaining questions are:
1. Deterring whom?
2. Deterring with what?
You have tons of submarines and a decent number of them, unfortunately, vintage...whom are you deterring?? I mean any specific reason for deploying such obsolete weaponry when you have sh1t loads of money?? Once you will answer that..then you will get it ...whom we are deterring and with what!!

You got problem with your eyesight or your Hinglish sucks.
Allow me to help you, poor thing.

Lol... sad state of affair , quoting your friend without reading the OP article ... that is SO funny:sarcastic:

"Reports suggest the delivery date for India’s second SNN is set sometime in the early 2020s, and will potentially include torpedoes and surface-to-surface missiles. However, the lease for India’s INS Chakra is also set to expire around that time, which would leave the IN with just one Russian SSN."

You lack of education is showing, please do everyone a favour and read the Article before making a fool like your friend

I mean seriously, first you spend billions buying unarmed drones, and you don't see a problem in that? And now leasing billions for an unarmed sub. What is next? Buying rifles without bullets? :lol:

Again he does it again, the copy paste joker!!... pal .... It is just sad!

"Reports suggest the delivery date for India’s second SNN is set sometime in the early 2020s, and will potentially include torpedoes and surface-to-surface missiles. However, the lease for India’s INS Chakra is also set to expire around that time, which would leave the IN with just one Russian SSN."

Last edited:
Actually if you had any idea of what unarmed drones can do...you would not make a fool of yourself...the way you are doing here...however probability of that would be 10 times less than us finding flying cows in Mars...similarly you have zero clue on what good is a leased nuclear sub.....

You have tons of submarines and a decent number of them, unfortunately, vintage...whom are you deterring?? I mean any specific reason for deploying such obsolete weaponry when you have sh1t loads of money?? Once you will answer that..then you will get it ...whom we are deterring and with what!!
Each Chinese vintage nuclear submarine carries 12 ballistic missiles that can reach targets 8000km away. Each missile comes with 1-4 nuclear warheads. They are used to deter US and Russia, mainly US.

China doesn't have sh1t loads of money comparing to US.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-navy-chinese-nuclear-sub-indian-ocean/1/350498.html

Yes, we have nuclear subs for 40 years and what we do is we put it near the docks and wait 40 years for India to do a 'deterrence patrol'. :lol:.

That's not deterrence patrol. SSN and SSBNs are not really the same.

This was few months ago.

Well, it's wrong. The K-15 entered production and was commissioned quite sometime ago. The final test happened back in 2013.

In fact even K-4 finished testing in 2014. It was tested from the Arihant last year.

You can't even make a decent non-nuclear submarine and yu expect your Arihant is more superior than the Chinese who have been building submarines for the past 40 years?:D

Why don't you ask the Russians?

the same website also stated the Arihant is just as noisy as the Chinese equivalent, not sure where the super stealth part comes from. Not to mention specs for type 096 is still unknown
http://thediplomat.com/2015/09/how-...clear-subs-contribute-to-instability-in-asia/

I wouldn't go by media reports about technical aspects of programs when they are speculated.

The Russian ambassador will know more than a journalist.

But we never ever boast to have a 'stealth' submarine with the first try.

It's no boast. We did it in our first try.

You don't boast because you can't. Your subs are not stealthy yet. For example, your currently operational SSNs cannot even cross 300m in depth. That's not something you can brag about.

I can understand if you are Arabs doing this for fun, hell I dun even care if you smoke by burning some franklins, but renting a sub for 2 billion while your people starve is not even funny anymore.

We are 'richer' than all the Arabs put together.

a Russian reactor clone,

It's not Russian. If it was Russian, we would have had a nuclear submarine decades ago.

If you look back in history, we have received less ToT and you did. In the 80s, you guys were freely buying western technology without many restrictions.

Remaining questions are:
1. Deterring whom?

China and Pak.

2. Deterring with what?

With nukes, duh.

Each Chinese vintage nuclear submarine carries 12 ballistic missiles that can reach targets 8000km away. Each missile comes with 1-4 nuclear warheads. They are used to deter US and Russia, mainly US.

Now that is comical....A vintage missile carrying ballistic missile can deter a blue water navy which has assets almost equal to rest of the world combined however a nuclear sub can't deter sh1t because it is a leased one??

Now that is comical....A vintage missile carrying ballistic missile can deter a blue water navy which has assets almost equal to rest of the world combined however a nuclear sub can't deter sh1t because it is a leased one??
Chinese vintage is a SSBN for nuclear deterrence while Indian leased sub is an SSN, not for nuclear deterrence.

China and Pak.
You see. It would be much easier to deter a close neighbor than some country at the other side of the globe. The comparison you made is really unfair as China and India are facing different challenges.

Chinese vintage is a SSBN for nuclear deterrence while Indian leased sub is an SSN, not for nuclear deterrence.
How many SSBN's India has?? Now try and look at leased submarine from that angle....b/w Nuclear deterrence is just not about carrying Ballistic missiles...the key point is the ability to avoid detection and deliver the payload...so vintage submarines are equally a bad ploy...however unlike some chinese trolls(not referring you here..)...i understand...quantity is also a quality.........lastly when war drums beat...all bets are off.....

You see. It would be much easier to deter a close neighbor than some country at the other side of the globe. The comparison you made is really unfair as China and India are facing different challenges.

Well, we are smart enough not to make enemies everywhere.

We have Pak and China as enemies and rivals resply because they decided they want to be our enemies and rivals resply.

But the conditions are pretty much the same whether India has Pak as its enemy or the US. The point of having SSBNs is so you can stay as far away as possible from the targets in order to have an assured second strike.

How many SSBN's India has?? Now try and look at leased submarine from that angle....b/w Nuclear deterrence is just not about carrying Ballistic missiles...the key point is the ability to avoid detection and deliver the payload...so vintage submarines are equally a bad ploy...however unlike some chinese trolls(not referring you here..)...i understand...quantity is also a quality.........lastly when war drums beat...all bets are off.....
According to wiki, 1 active, 1 in sea trial. My original post was to respond to another person's comment that is related to SSBN, not leased sub or SSN. Somehow you dragged me to leased sub and SSNs and kept on calling Chinese subs are vintage. :) Comparing to US or even some Russia subs, sure, Chinese subs are a bit vintage. Anyway, that is besides the point.

Well, we are smart enough not to make enemies everywhere.

We have Pak and China as enemies and rivals resply because they decided they want to be our enemies and rivals resply.

But the conditions are pretty much the same whether India has Pak as its enemy or the US. The point of having SSBNs is so you can stay as far away as possible from the targets in order to have an assured second strike.
True. But when enemies can come in from everywhere unannounced, so one has to deal with it when they come. And from Chinese perspective, China didn't want to be an enemy of India while India successfully made China to be its enemy. And all hypered Indian medias and politicians successfully maintain such a relationship. But let's not talk about the history, shall we? What I merely commented was on your comparison of both countries' SSBN development and their patrol dates.

Lol... sad state of affair , quoting your friend without reading the OP article ... that is SO funny:sarcastic:

You lack of education is showing, please do everyone a favour and read the Article before making a fool like your friend
What nonsense are you spouting.
Your friend read 'UNARMED' as 'UNMANNED??'.
So much for Indian education.
Go on, laugh at yourself, pathetic.
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-38131731
Singapore tops global education rankings

The issue right now is with capacity to build these boats.
Right now all shipyards are booked completely and aren't in a position to manufacture these machines for immediate delivery.
Although new Shipbuilding shops are being developed, these will take time to start production.
So while USD 2 billion is still big money, no amount of money can actually buy IN the time, it is desperately running short off.
There was a plan to invite south korean & japanese ship building companies to augment civilian capability on container & cruise ships. The idea was to build a industrial base similar to aeronautical industry but seems idea has gone now where.

yes you are right 1 trillion dollar US bonds is just not enough.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom