What's new

India To Lease Second Russian Nuclear Attack Submarine

From wikipedia? Let me go change it now. =). Btw, according to your wiki source, it was supposed to have been bought after 4 years of 'leased' trials. I don't think anybody in the world right now will pay 2 billion to rent a boat. Only India will do that.

The sub was gifted to Pakistan by the US:

Page 134-135 of the book: Written by an Indian.

gifted2.png

if you cant see the benefit of building your own you need a new brain. Even if the ship component isnt 100% domestic, the experience gained, cost savings, and employment sounds pretty tempting to me

I got my answer.

There were delays due to Political dividends were given priority not lack of vision that you are subscribing to.

Chinese bragging here make fool of themselves when any learned person know how foreign vendors have been assisting your MIC. Heck even your nuclear plants are being assisted by companies from France and elsewhere.

Not only that we know the money was poured in billions in R&D but the results were limited. You do not even make a good engine. Recent purchase of SU-35 is one good example.

I got my answer.

There were delays due to Political dividends were given priority not lack of vision that you are subscribing to.

Chinese bragging here make fool of themselves when any learned person know how foreign vendors have been assisting your MIC. Heck even your nuclear plants are being assisted by companies from France and elsewhere.

Not only that we know the money was poured in billions in R&D but the results were limited. You do not even make a good engine. Recent purchase of SU-35 is one good example.
Dude, please, your Hinglish, I cannot understand you. Foreign vendors assisting us? We are under arms embargo you know, hence the beg, steal, borrow, buy, absorb, improve, innovate route? You do know there is a reason why you are importing shitloads while we are mostly self reliant right?

View attachment 406749
Please update wiki. So it means only supa powa 2012 is smart enough to lease an unarmed sub for 2 billion$.

By leasing submarines, we have achieved something that even China has not.

China built its first nuclear submarine back in the 80s, but the first deterrence patrol happened only recently, about the same time as India sent out Arihant's first deterrence patrol.

http://thediplomat.com/2015/12/china-deploys-first-nuclear-deterrence-patrol/
According toIHS Jane’s, U.S. military officials confirmed that the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) has deployed a Type-094 Jin-class nuclear-powered ballistic submarine on a nuclear deterrence patrol. If true, this represents the first time that China has deployed a sub on this kind of mission.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/10/india-quietly-commissions-deadliest-sub/

I think you guys forced yourself to go on a deterrence patrol because India was about to beat you to it.

Plus, as mentioned by the Russian ambassador, the Arihant is as stealthy as the submarine we leased. Which means, our technology is quite similar to what the US or Russians achieved back in the 90s and 2000s, and now we are aiming to build even quieter subs. Otoh, China is yet to match the Akula in stealth.

And leasing an advanced sub means so much more when you talk about it in the operational sense. We will have highly experienced crews which will come to use when our first SSN is made ready. So much time has been saved that $2B is peanuts in comparison to the priceless experience of actually operating an SSN. Not to mention, we have a full fledged CBG because of a single sub.
Remaining questions are:
1. Deterring whom?
2. Deterring with what?

Remaining questions are:
1. Deterring whom?
2. Deterring with what?
They just copy paste from Western media and think their Arihant is the bestest. It has never crossed their minds that Chinese had been improving their technology for decades. The experience and skills gained after decades of manufacturing submarines is key. It's not building one subpar Russian clone and declare it the bestest.

View attachment 406749

Dude, please, your Hinglish, I cannot understand you. Foreign vendors assisting us? We are under arms embargo you know, hence the beg, steal, borrow, buy, absorb, improve, innovate route? You do know there is a reason why you are importing shitloads while we are mostly self reliant right?

Please update wiki. So it means only supa powa 2012 is smart enough to lease an unarmed sub for 2 billion$.

Not so fast :)

Nope, it was leased. Under a program called Security Assistance Program. Pakistan could renew the lease or purchase the sub. But purchase option went away after 1965 war. US had placed an arms embargo on both India and Pakistan. This is why Pakistan got mid life update on the sub done in Turkey.

https://books.google.co.in/books?id...sc=y#v=onepage&q=pakistan ghazi lease&f=false

The source is a book with the specific chapter written by Rahul Roy Chaudhary in a book edited by a UC Berkley Professor. Rahul Roy Chaudhary is professional researcher in Security, South Asia and military affairs. https://www.iiss.org/en/persons/rahul-s-roy-chaudhury

@ashok321 's source is a weird book written by retired IAS who is an amateur history buff and writes opinion books on Indian culture and history.

https://books.google.co.in/books?id...MAA#v=onepage&q=Krishna Chandra Sagar&f=false

Not so fast :)

Nope, it was leased. Under a program called Security Assistance Program. Pakistan could renew the lease or purchase the sub. But purchase option went away after 1965 war. US had placed an arms embargo on both India and Pakistan. This is why Pakistan got mid life update on the sub done in Turkey.

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=02XxBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA76&dq=pakistan+ghazi+lease&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=pakistan ghazi lease&f=false

The source is a book with the specific chapter written by Rahul Roy Chaudhary in a book edited by a UC Berkley Professor. Rahul Roy Chaudhary is professional researcher in Security, South Asia and military affairs. https://www.iiss.org/en/persons/rahul-s-roy-chaudhury

@ashok321 's source is a weird book written by retired IAS who is an amateur history buff and writes opinion books on Indian culture and history.

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=0UA4rkm9MgkC&pg=PA329&lpg=PA329&dq=Krishna+Chandra+Sagar&source=bl&ots=3cIEWQWrdi&sig=Onq-PFhCVvbfFRi36wC0N6pCLcc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjlivOmqd7UAhUBwmMKHR6KA5I4ChDoAQggMAA#v=onepage&q=Krishna Chandra Sagar&f=false
So both from Indians and none can agree? Typical.

You still do not get the essence of my argument. Just because Pakistan did it, so India should spend billions on an unarmed sub? Have some independent though please? Think.

You still do not get the essence of my argument. Just because Pakistan did it, so India should spend billions on an unarmed sub? Have some independent though please? Think.
As usual the white monkeylike to post even without reading the article!... where does it say it is unmanned?? ... this imagination is so over the top!!

India does what it thinks it best for her security using her own money, I wonder why it worries Chinese so much. Your own expertise in this matter has been 'proven' by your lack of awareness of leasing of weapons. So Mr expert, what are your credentials to do a valuation on a 2 billion lease for 10 year period of a nuclear submarine?

Go back and grease your HSR threads, like all Chinese here do. TA!

As usual the white monkeylike to post even without reading the article!... where does it say it is unmanned?? ... this imagination is so over the top!!
As usual, brown monkeys talking without thinking, when did I say unmanned?:lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom