What's new

India To Lease Second Russian Nuclear Attack Submarine

Really?

We already have home made nuclear submarines sailing..Can't you understand a simple thing(Although explained by most members here) that it's a stop gap measure & all shipyards are busy at this moment producing submarines & frigates?

Stop acting like a nitwit & spewing nooby claims..
One string banjo
Yes, your crappy Airhant half the size of a Chinese SSBN using copied Russian reactors churning out less power than designed. Tell me how you solved that problem? My guess is your underpowered submarine is operating subpar to reduce power consumption. LOL:lol:

By leasing submarines, we have achieved something that even China has not.

China built its first nuclear submarine back in the 80s, but the first deterrence patrol happened only recently, about the same time as India sent out Arihant's first deterrence patrol.

http://thediplomat.com/2015/12/china-deploys-first-nuclear-deterrence-patrol/
According toIHS Jane’s, U.S. military officials confirmed that the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) has deployed a Type-094 Jin-class nuclear-powered ballistic submarine on a nuclear deterrence patrol. If true, this represents the first time that China has deployed a sub on this kind of mission.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/10/india-quietly-commissions-deadliest-sub/

I think you guys forced yourself to go on a deterrence patrol because India was about to beat you to it.

Plus, as mentioned by the Russian ambassador, the Arihant is as stealthy as the submarine we leased. Which means, our technology is quite similar to what the US or Russians achieved back in the 90s and 2000s, and now we are aiming to build even quieter subs. Otoh, China is yet to match the Akula in stealth.

And leasing an advanced sub means so much more when you talk about it in the operational sense. We will have highly experienced crews which will come to use when our first SSN is made ready. So much time has been saved that $2B is peanuts in comparison to the priceless experience of actually operating an SSN. Not to mention, we have a full fledged CBG because of a single sub.
the same website also stated the Arihant is just as noisy as the Chinese equivalent, not sure where the super stealth part comes from. Not to mention specs for type 096 is still unknown
http://thediplomat.com/2015/09/how-...clear-subs-contribute-to-instability-in-asia/

Yes, your crappy Airhant half the size of a Chinese SSBN using copied Russian reactors churning out less power than designed. Tell me how you solved that problem? My guess is your underpowered submarine is operating subpar to reduce power consumption. LOL:lol:
This is our first classification of nuclear submarine what do you expect? At least it is the foundation..
Being a lot older & free country than India your achievement is also laughable..If you had so much advancements you wouldn't have been running around stealing blueprints & copying artifacts Lol.

This is our first classification of nuclear submarine what do you expect? At least it is the foundation..
Being a lot older & free country than India your achievement is also laughable..If you had so much advancements you wouldn't have been running around stealing blueprints & copying artifacts Lol.
We steal, copy, borrow, beg, buy, reverse, absorb, innovate, improve and develop. Whatever it takes mate. But we never ever boast to have a 'stealth' submarine with the first try. We had been building submarines for decades and you think we just sit still and wait for India to catch up? First learn to build a decent non-nuclear submarine. If ours are artifacts, then what are Indians building? I don't want to boast, but it seems you are not aware of Chinese technology advancement.

We are manufacturing nuclear submarines. The first one's already been commissioned. The second one's in the process of being launched.

And this is not counting the SSN project that has already begun.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...ia-building-6-nuclear-attack-submarines-12276
Please stop derailing ok, you just build ONE, I mean ONE submarine in your whole pathetic existence, and you start jumping like brown monkeys:bounce:. The question is simple if all is so dandy, WHY PAY BILLIONS for a lease? This shows you are not satisfied with Arihant and you would rather pay billions for a 'lease'

Last edited:
Why wouldn't India just buy it?
They can't. Due to international law, India is forbidden from buying nuclear attack platforms. Hence, they can only lease an unarmed submarine for 'practice'. And they are paying 2 billion for this practice, this can only happen in India, I have never come across a country renting weapons. When I advise them to just wait and do it themselves, they go crazy and come up with all sorts of excuse, they can't admit that their politicians are idiots and corrupted. I can bet with you some navy officers are getting alot of money from the Russians for this.

I can understand if you are Arabs doing this for fun, hell I dun even care if you smoke by burning some franklins, but renting a sub for 2 billion while your people starve is not even funny anymore.

if you cant see the benefit of building your own you need a new brain. Even if the ship component isnt 100% domestic, the experience gained, cost savings, and employment sounds pretty tempting to me
Point to be taken

Please stop derailing ok, you just build ONE, I mean ONE submarine in your whole pathetic existence, and you start jumping like brown monkeys:bounce:

the difference is you have been building many keypad phones
we just built one smart phone.

the difference is you have been building many keypad phones
we just built one smart phone.
Yah, you claim it to be smart phone, but actually it's a Chinese phone with an Indian sticker. Jokes aside, it's just a hull built with Russian steel with a Russian reactor clone, commissioned with Russian help, performing like any subpar Indian product. Please check this ONE submarine's spec before even talking.

Yah, you claim it to be smart phone, but actually it's a Chinese phone with an Indian sticker. Jokes aside, it's just a hull built with Russian steel with a Russian reactor clone, commissioned with Russian help, performing like any subpar Indian product. Please check this ONE submarine's spec before even talking.

I don't actually believe on the specs which is on net. They are just 15%. The actual one's are never out.

They can't. Due to international law, India is forbidden from buying nuclear attack platforms. Hence, they can only lease an unarmed submarine for 'practice'. And they are paying 2 billion for this practice, this can only happen in India, I have never come across a country renting weapons. When I advise them to just wait and do it themselves, they go crazy and come up with all sorts of excuse, they can't admit that their politicians are idiots and corrupted. I can bet with you some navy officers are getting alot of money from the Russians for this.

I can understand if you are Arabs doing this for fun, hell I dun even care if you smoke by burning some franklins, but renting a sub for 2 billion while your people starve is not even funny anymore.

You do not know any country leasing subs? Meet your Iron brother! Pakistan. The most famous Indo-Pakistan submarine action of '71 saw Pakistani PNS Ghazi fighting against India navy in bay of Bengal. PNS Ghazi was a Tench-class Diesel Electric sub LEASED by Pakistan from USA. Even after it sunk, both US and Soviet Union approached India for raising the sunken sub at their own expense to salvage it or to destroy it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNS_Ghazi

It always surprises me that Chinese Nationalists on this forum act all so all knowing but in reality they are, well, ignorant.

You do not know any country leasing subs? Meet your Iron brother! Pakistan. The most famous Indo-Pakistan submarine action of '71 saw Pakistani PNS Ghazi fighting against India navy in bay of Bengal. PNS Ghazi was a Tench-class Diesel Electric sub LEASED by Pakistan from USA. Even after it sunk, both US and Soviet Union approached India for raising the sunken sub at their own expense to salvage it or to destroy it.

It always surprises me that Chinese Nationalists on this forum act all so all knowing but in reality they are, well, ignorant.

They are not Chinese. They are Pakistanis.

From wikipedia? Let me go change it now. =). Btw, according to your wiki source, it was supposed to have been bought after 4 years of 'leased' trials. I don't think anybody in the world right now will pay 2 billion to rent a boat. Only India will do that.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom