What's new

Imran Khan wants open border between Pakistan - Afghanistan

z9-ec

Reaction score
Imran wants open border between Pakistan, Afghanistan

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan said on Tuesday that he wants to see an open border between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

According to a statement released by the PTI, Afghan Ambassador to Pakistan, Mohammed Umar Daudzai had a telephonic conversation with Imran Khan. Imran expressed regret that successive Pakistani regimes supported various Afghan groups rather than focusing on what the people of Afghanistan really want.

Imran hoped that both the countries could move forward through the process of dialogue and understanding. He said that Pakistan and Afghanistan should have a relationship “free of the excess baggage of the past and of India,” although he stated that the latter factor cannot be ignored.

Imran also conveyed his concerns of a 1989 repeat, when the US withdraw in 2014.

Ambassador Daudzai briefed Imran about Afghanistan’s heavy investment in human development projects including higher education and how present Afghanistan is different from the past one.

This would be a fatal mistake for Pakistan. Such a mistake would give rise to drug trade, smuggling and god knows what. Perhaps, he needs a history lesson on what happened in the 80s.

Heck, we should send all Afghan refugees back and militarize the border to the levels we have with India.

I can appreciate IK's idealistic nature, however we are not at the point of having open borders. Seems like IK is just like Obama and telling everyone what they want to hear just to come into office.

Just when you think he's your man, he says something like this...

What was he smoking when saying this? :hitwall:

what a joke .... it already open , except this time Mr khan if that curious and keen should offer to open btw punjab and afghanistan as sindh , KPK and Baluchistan are already a nightmare

Most Pakhtun nationalists from both sides of the border want this, and it doesn't mean that they hate the existence of Pakistan.

Muhammad Aslam Khan Khattak was the President of Pakistan Movement in U.K before the Independence of Pakistan. He worked with Chaudhry Rehmat Ali and his organization founded the name "Pakistan" for our country and wanted a Pakistan-Afghanistan confederation.

If you think only Afghans don't recognize the Durrand Line, you are kidding yourself. Pakistani Pakhtuns who love Pakistan also don't recognize the Durrand Line. They want the line to disappear so all Afghans and Pakistanis can live together in peace.

However, there are too many enemies of Pakistan in Afghanistan today, maybe when we clear out the enemies then Pakistan and Afghanistan can have open borders.

what a joke .... it already open , except this time Mr khan if that curious and keen should offer to open btw punjab and afghanistan as sindh , KPK and Baluchistan are already a nightmare

They love going to Karachi :smitten:

Anyways, no one can stop them from entering Punjab. And the Durrand Line is only a border on the map, its almost impossible to control it.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I agree. No open border with Afghanistan. Probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

No, the dumbest thing I have ever heard was when Nawaz Sharif proposed open borders with India. Atleast Afghanistan is a Muslim country.

"open borders" is diplomatic speak for "excellent relations". Let's not blow this out of proportion.

We should focus on improving relations for now. One step at a time. Eventually, once Afghanistan stabilizes and the extremism/gun/drug culture gets under control, both sides can consider the issue. I am sure the Afghans are not crazy about Pakistani extremist organizations either.

A few things.

Even if Imran Khan said this; he's still better than all the candidates we currently have, including Musharraf if Musharraf returns.

Imran Khan had a conversation we're not sure if he truly said this.

He can always change his decision.

If it becomes reality, my doubts about Imran Khan will be eliminated. Good move by Imran Khan. Hope it becomes reality soon..

Back
Top Bottom