What's new

ICC Board approves changes to governance, competition and financial models

Not really. Yes we have suffered due to such issues. But decline is not the right word. We won Asia cup after that attack. We have T20 WC after that attack. Beaten India on its home ground in ODI's. Beaten South Africa on their home ground. In fact first ever asian team to do that. Beaten many other teams after that attack. Yes we lost in terms of revenues but on the cricket field. We performed very well. In fact much better than some obvious home track bullies.
And you lost plenty of matches as well. But the 'decline' I talked about was not about victories or defeats, but the fact that the entire ecosystem for international cricket came to a grinding halt that day. And cricket is a top down affair - the more international matches, the more money and interest trickles down to league and district level matches. Besides, a lot of funding and money comes when teams play in the country - from ticket sales to tourist revenues to the much more substantial TV rights and advertising revenue. Pakistan has no chance of being in business, if it can't host matches.

The reason for the decline of cricket in Pakistan is not corruption, but something that happened in Lahore in 2009. Your real major export, terrorism, killed international cricket in Pakistan.

You can't expect to be taken seriously when your country cannot host an international match due to fear of gun trotting, rocket wielding murderers. When you can't host matches, and can't contribute any moolah, what treatment do you expect? He that pays the piper picks the tune.
There is no decline of cricket in Pakistan per se, neither did my post imply that (I wrote losing charm; is this same as decline?). Even before 2009, fewer teams would visit Pakistan and most major events took place in neutral venues such as Sharjah. The reason for that was not that Pakistan was safe or otherwise, but that the events were not very profitable. Recent soar of corruption in the international cricket has made many spectators to turn back from cricket, and that is what I was referring to. There was a time when wrestling championships were taken seriously and lots of people would watch them. As the corruption seeped into the events, and more and more matches were found to be fixed, the craze of watching such sport waned. Same is happening to cricket, and it is going to get worse with time.

More money ?

Seriously I am losing interest now and its better if these two country just boycott international cricket and let england, aus and india playing against each others over and over again..cricket without these two country will be boring at least for asian fans :)
yes, all current members are better off financially, which is paid for by three big boards to ICC.
pcb just made a little noise, they want it more than the rest, as nobody is playing in pakistan.
two of your ex players supported it, dont know how much influence they got in pcb.

There is no decline of cricket in Pakistan per se, neither did my post imply that. Even before 2009, fewer teams would visit Pakistan and most major events took place in neutral venues such as Sharjah. The reason for that was not that Pakistan was safe or otherwise, but that the events were not very profitable. Recent soar of corruption in the international cricket has made many spectators to turn back from cricket, and that is what I was referring to. There was a time when wrestling championships were taken seriously and lots of people would watch them. As the corruption seeped into the events, and more and more matches were found to be fixed, the craze of watching such sport waned. Same is happening to cricket, and it is going to get worse with time.

Actually, if you observe objectively, interest in cricket is only increasing. The IPL and other T-20 tournaments bear testimony to that. World over, there is more cricket being played, and more spectators, and more revenue than ten years back. Or even five years back. The corruption and money side of things mostly happen off field, which is why there is no love lost for executives and shareholders. The corruption that happens on field, like match fixing, has only happened in rare instances. Three Pakistanis in England, three Indians in IPL - of which only Shreeshant was a major figure. These incidents have disappointed fans, and there has been a lot of anger against those players, but not against the game itself.

No I dont mean you stop playing cricket inside pakistan but international matches and series ..kuch nhi ho ga..aur b ghum hein dunya mein cricket k siwa
Without playing International cricket, their will be no cricket left in Pakistan. Doesn't matter where Pakistani team plays.

yes, all current members are better off financially, which is paid for by three big boards to ICC.
pcb just made a little noise, they want it more than the rest, as nobody is playing in pakistan.
two of your ex players supported it, dont know how much influence they got in pcb.
What you are talking about ? Do you have any idea what pcb was getting before and what it will get now ?

Without playing International cricket, their will be no cricket left in Pakistan. Doesn't matter where Pakistani team plays.
Its ok and I would be happy if pakistan dont play.If there is no fairness in sport then better quit playing it and let three bigs run this business like pimp and make as much as they like

GREED can be very very DANGEROUS.

I had lost interest in cricket since the time IPL started & it became clear that its all about MONEY rather than sports.

I think 1000s of crores aren't enough for BCCI yet.

Just wait & see, more F-1 races in India, Soccer, Tennis, Hockey & more medals in Olympics, People of India will lose interest in Cricket slowly but steadily.

Future of cricket.........or i may say, Cricket has no future left now.

And you lost plenty of matches as well. But the 'decline' I talked about was not about victories or defeats, but the fact that the entire ecosystem for international cricket came to a grinding halt that day. And cricket is a top down affair - the more international matches, the more money and interest trickles down to league and district level matches. Besides, a lot of funding and money comes when teams play in the country - from ticket sales to tourist revenues to the much more substantial TV rights and advertising revenue. Pakistan has no chance of being in business, if it can't host matches.

Losing is a part of the game. Still Pakistan is performing fine if we compare its performance to other countries. About the revenues part I agree.

Actually, if you observe objectively, interest in cricket is only increasing. The IPL and other T-20 tournaments bear testimony to that. World over, there is more cricket being played, and more spectators, and more revenue than ten years back. Or even five years back. The corruption and money side of things mostly happen off field, which is why there is no love lost for executives and shareholders. The corruption that happens on field, like match fixing, has only happened in rare instances. Three Pakistanis in England, three Indians in IPL - of which only Shreeshant was a major figure. These incidents have disappointed fans, and there has been a lot of anger against those players, but not against the game itself.
I will disagree. More cricket is being played in India, Australia, and England, and not world over. This was the very reason why the big three demanded for a bigger share because they were generating more money from cricket. The cricket is pretty much on decline in countries like West Indies, Zimbabwe, while surviving in Pakistan, New Zealand, and Sri Lanka. Players from all these countries like to play in events such as IPL, or English county etc, why? because they don't make enough money on their home grounds. Corruption is not as limited as you are trying to imply here; it is under a thick blanket woven by the three biggies for obvious reasons. However, for veteran spectators like me, every match that is being played now a days is doubtful, and there are many many like me who have stopped taking these matches seriously.
A little research before posting one-liners will spare you from disgrace. South African cricket has endured decades of isolation from international cricket. Cricket did not die out in SA, and when they came back, they took the international cricket with storm.

Pakistan's total population is much more than that of Australia, England, SA, W.I, N.Z, Kenya,Zimbabwe,Ireland, etc all combined.

They have a very huge cricket fan base.

But yet revenue is low and now.... this decision.

It doesnt matter much as for them nukes accumulation,Jihads of all kinds,1000 cuts to east, kaboom guys supports,radicalism on state-level are much prioritized issues than 11 men chasing a silly ball.

I think now that we got all the powers in the Council, I propose following suggestions.

1. ICC should be renamed Indian Cricket Council.

2. BCCI should ban the concept of "neutral vanue".:lol:

No member should be allowed to host a match other than the host country.:omghaha:

3. Eating balls should be a criminal offence!

4. No other member should form something like IPL. (Or if they do form it, keep Pakistani players out of it.)

I invite all the people to make their own suggestions.:-)

GREED can be very very DANGEROUS.

I had lost interest in cricket since the time IPL started & it became clear that its all about MONEY rather than sports.

I think 1000s of crores aren't enough for BCCI yet.

Just wait & see, more F-1 races in India, Soccer, Tennis, Hockey & more medals in Olympics, People of India will lose interest in Cricket slowly but steadily.

Future of cricket.........or i may say, Cricket has no future left now.

Would the banning of Bangladesh team make you happier?

What you are talking about ? Do you have any idea what pcb was getting before and what it will get now ?

Its ok and I would be happy if pakistan dont play.If there is no fairness in sport then better quit playing it and let three bigs run this business like pimp and make as much as they like
I dont know the amount.. should I?
the associate members will have more funds available for them, as mentioned in article, and among the other members pcb needs icc financial help the most (coz they are unable to generate much revenue themselves).

I would not be so sure about pcb going out, they have sold their body to pimps of icc. :tsk:
they just made a little noise otherwise they would have been hounded in their own country, thats all.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom