What's new

ICC Board approves changes to governance, competition and financial models

Would the banning of Bangladesh team make you happier?

Accept it mate, BCCI is the most Greedy sporting organization in the world - Two world cup for the same sport, now even Test Championship, IPL, etc. Now they need complete control of the ICC, I am seriously thinking if one day, India might have to play all alone as other boards will not be able to take the hegemony of bcci anymore.

I dont know the amount.. should I?
the associate members will have more funds available for them, as mentioned in article, and among the other members pcb needs icc financial help the most (coz they are unable to generate much revenue themselves).

I would not be so sure about pcb going out, they have sold their body to pimps of icc. :tsk:
they just made a little noise otherwise they would have been hounded in their own country, thats all.

Let me copy paste this for you so you get some ideas about fund distribution

The proposed Distribution model for 2015-2023 significantly reduces the amount the Full and Associate & Affiliate Members will receive apart from BCCI, ECB and CA.

Gross revenues $2.5
Under Existing arrangement everyone get
Associate Members; includes 6% of gross revenues under existing: 522,500,000
Total Distribution: 1,640,000,000

Proposed by three Big

BCCI: 568,000,000
ECB: 173,000,000
CA: 130,500,000
PCB: 95,500,000
CSA : 93,000,000
WICB: 80,500,000
NZC: 75,500,000
SLC: 80,500,000
BCB: 68,000,000
ZCB: 65,500,000

Associate Members under proposal of three bigs : 210,000,000

The biggest gainers are BCCI, ECB and CA. In addition, ICC events for the period 2015-2023 will be held only in India, England and Australia. These Boards will receive hosting fees for the events in addition to the ICC Distributions they propose.

A point that also needs to be addressed is; why does BCCI need more money at the expense of other countries? The domestic and international media fees that BCCI receives from playing with other members are massive and underpin BCCI's financial position. It is the richest cricket board in the world.

The largest losers are the Associate & Affiliate members who will be $312.5m worse off under the distribution proposed in the Paper. The Paper is silent on this point.

- Associate Members

The Paper asserts that of the $315m attributable to Associate & Affiliate members for 2007-15 only $179m will be distributed to the members the rest is spent under the heads of event and other costs. The Paper ignores the fact that the Associate & Affiliate members have voluntarily agreed to the way in which their money is spent.

The Paper is not clear whether the Distributions to the 4 ICC Regions and the ACC will continue; this amounted to $54m for the 2007-15.The Paper further proposes that of the proposed Distribution of $210m for 2015-2023 $105m will go to the top 6 Associate Member (compared to $48.4m for 2007-2015) leaving $105m to be shared among 100 Associate & Affiliate members or an average of $1.05m each over the next 8 years.

If cricket is to grow and develop around the world more investment is required in the Associate & Affiliate countries, not less. The Associate & Affiliate countries represent some of the biggest economies in the world. If cricket could be established properly in the United States of America and China and become an Olympic sport, the ICC could double its revenues in real terms over the next 10-15 years. This requires vision and a less parochial approach.

The Associate & Affiliate members and the Associate & Affiliate directors have not been included in any discussions on how the Paper will impact on them.

Let me copy paste this for you so you get some ideas about fund distribution

The proposed Distribution model for 2015-2023 significantly reduces the amount the Full and Associate & Affiliate Members will receive apart from BCCI, ECB and CA.

Gross revenues $2.5
Under Existing arrangement everyone get
Associate Members; includes 6% of gross revenues under existing: 522,500,000

Proposed by three Big

BCCI: 568,000,000
ECB: 173,000,000
CA: 130,500,000
PCB: 95,500,000
CSA : 93,000,000
WICB: 80,500,000
NZC: 75,500,000
SLC: 80,500,000
BCB: 68,000,000
ZCB: 65,500,000

Associate Members under proposal of three bigs : 210,000,000

The biggest gainers are BCCI, ECB and CA. In addition, ICC events for the period 2015-2023 will be held only in India, England and Australia. These Boards will receive hosting fees for the events in addition to the ICC Distributions they propose.

A point that also needs to be addressed is; why does BCCI need more money at the expense of other countries? The domestic and international media fees that BCCI receives from playing with other members are massive and underpin BCCI's financial position. It is the richest cricket board in the world.

The largest losers are the Associate & Affiliate members who will be $312.5m worse off under the distribution proposed in the Paper. The Paper is silent on this point.

- Associate Members

The Paper asserts that of the $315m attributable to Associate & Affiliate members for 2007-15 only $179m will be distributed to the members the rest is spent under the heads of event and other costs. The Paper ignores the fact that the Associate & Affiliate members have voluntarily agreed to the way in which their money is spent.

The Paper is not clear whether the Distributions to the 4 ICC Regions and the ACC will continue; this amounted to $54m for the 2007-15.The Paper further proposes that of the proposed Distribution of $210m for 2015-2023 $105m will go to the top 6 Associate Member (compared to $48.4m for 2007-2015) leaving $105m to be shared among 100 Associate & Affiliate members or an average of $1.05m each over the next 8 years.

If cricket is to grow and develop around the world more investment is required in the Associate & Affiliate countries, not less. The Associate & Affiliate countries represent some of the biggest economies in the world. If cricket could be established properly in the United States of America and China and become an Olympic sport, the ICC could double its revenues in real terms over the next 10-15 years. This requires vision and a less parochial approach.

The Associate & Affiliate members and the Associate & Affiliate directors have not been included in any discussions on how the Paper will impact on them.
please paste a link to the source like spark did.

I think Pakistanis are opposing these changes mainly due to their senseless nationalism rather than much logic. BCCI is professional organisation and i believe are capable of generating huge sum of revenues for cricket as they have proven and help in making cricket a global sport. Lets just see how this new system works out rather than throwing all baseless allegations from start
What you are talking about ? Do you have any idea what pcb was getting before and what it will get now ?

Its ok and I would be happy if pakistan dont play.If there is no fairness in sport then better quit playing it and let three bigs run this business like pimp and make as much as they like

please paste a link to the source .
please paste a link to the source like spark did.
Kyoon mere pe atbaar nhi..

Mani slams draft proposal - The Hindu

I think Pakistanis are opposing these changes mainly due to their senseless nationalism rather than much logic. BCCI is professional organisation and i believe are capable of generating huge sum of revenues for cricket as they have proven and help in making cricket a global sport. Lets just see how this new system works out rather than throwing all baseless allegations from start
Its not just pakistani but all fair cricketers and fans are opposing it and visit comment section of cricinfo if you dont believe in me

Black day in cricket history ... Now Pakistan & Srilanka has pride that they didn't become part to destroying cricket ........

Well Done Srilanka & PCB .. u stood for what is better for the game... after these changes cricket is destined to be doomed...

Kyoon mere pe atbaar nhi..

Mani slams draft proposal - The Hindu

Its not just pakistani but all fair cricketers and fans are opposing it and visit comment section of cricinfo if you dont believe in me
trust but verify.. bush jr :)
so two news with exactly opposite analysis...

btw why icc gives equal amount to all nations when a few nations generate most of the revenue.

In my equal world, each will generate their own revenue and wont get any monetary support from icc
ICC will simply get some money from each member for its smooth running(admin cost), like a membership fee.
the current change is unfair, so was the previous revenue model.

Black day in cricket history ... Now Pakistan & Srilanka has pride that they didn't become part to destroying cricket ........

Pakistan and Sri-Lanka only have butt hurt flowing through them concealed as pride .

Un-butt+hurt..+Found+this+on+the+Facebook_a6812c_3974572.jpg

Well Done Srilanka & PCB .. u stood for what is better for the game... after these changes cricket is destined to be doomed...

Hopefully now Pakistan will stick to its guns and decide not to play under the new format,..just play amongst similar minded nations(if any are left by end of the week) ..not be part of this 'decadence, this destruction/doom of cricket' ..what say?

Good Move by Pak and Sri lanka.It doesnt matter whether the demands were to be approved or not.If According to Pakistan and sri lanka they were wrong.

They should have to oppose them and they did it.Good move by PCB and sri lankan cricket board

When you work in an organisation where your bulk of earning is based on commission you go extra mile to earn the max so that you end up getting more towards your pay check. I cent percent agree where the so called big 3 are coming from you generate more , you earn more, I for myself totally agree with them but with an attitude of might is right and we decide who do we wanna play against is a total disaster for the cricket.

Do you think people of these countries will keep on enjoying in seeing the same countries every now n then, no of course not. Look what is the total population Of UK and AUS not even 10 mln altogether, almost half of the eng team is not even British, people who live in Britain they all know the sorry state of cricket in this country where only handful people actually play or talk about cricket. It's a football crazy country and I believe same with Australia.

When ICC was formed the sole purpose was to take cricket beyond the boundaries of the traditional countries or the ex colonies. My two cents

And why the hell we are not giving any support to our football team.

Football is the game we need to work On.

Back
Top Bottom