What's new

Germany demands justice for 17-year-old exchange student shot and killed by American whos still free

senheiser

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Germany demands justice for 17-year-old exchange student shot and killed by Montana homeowner as his father arrives to pick up body

• Diren Dede, 17, shot on Sunday morning in a garage in Missoula, Montana
  • It is not known why he entered the garage, where he set off intruder alarms
  • Markus Kaarma, 29 fired four shotgun blasts into room, killing Dede
  • German consulate has today demanded 'justice' as investigations continue
  • Spokesman argued it was illegal to kill juvenile simply for trespassing
  • Kaarma is expected to plead not guilty, as Montana allows homeowners to use deadly force on an intruder if they believe they will be harmed
  • Last night Dede's father Celal arrived in the city to collect his son's body
  • Celal also visited his son's host family, but declined to comment on death

PUBLISHED: 23:42 GMT, 30 April 2014 | UPDATED: 17:29 GMT, 1 May 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ate-seeks-justice-slain-student.html#comments
Germany has demanded justice today following the death of a 17-year-old exchange student who was shot in Montana on Sunday morning.
Diren Dede, from Hamburg, was killed when 29-year-old Markus Kaarma fired four shotgun blasts into his garage after Dede set off home intruder alarms inside. It is not clear what Dede was doing inside the garage.
Julia Reinhardt, spokesman for the German consulate in San Fransisco, said the investigation should make it clear it is illegal to kill an unarmed juvenile just because he is trespassing.
Scroll down for video

article-2616976-1D6F6EB300000578-140_634x475.jpg

+4

The German consulate in San Fransisco has demanded justice today after exchange student Diren Dede, 17, was shot to death in the early hours of Sunday

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:858a5b9b6ac3452e9e402d4652a15e  ae-6PERHd43UHSK2-771_634x421.jpg

+4

Dede was killed after Markus Kaarma fired four shotgun blasts into his garage after Dede entered and set off intruder alarms. It is not known what Dede was doing in the garage

'We consider what happened completely out of proportion to the probable risk,' Reinhardt added.
Meanwhile Dede's father, Celal, has travelled in Missoula to collect his son's body from his host family. He arrived last night with a family friend but refused to comment on his son's death.

At the time of Dede's killing, the teenager was studying at Missoula's Big Sky High School and was due to leave the U.S. after the school term ended in just six weeks.

More...

Just days before the fatal shooting, Kaarma told a woman that his house had been broken into twice and he had been staying up at night, waiting to shoot an intruder, court records said.
Kaarma's attorney, Paul Ryan, said his client plans to plead not guilty to a charge of deliberate homicide because Montana law allows homeowners to protect their residences with deadly force when they believe they are going to be harmed.
There had been a number of break-ins in the neighborhood and Kaarma believed the police weren't doing anything about it, Ryan said.
'We know with no question the individual entered the garage. Kaarma didn't know who he was, his intent or whether he was armed,' Ryan said.

Prosecutors allege the 29-year-old wild land firefighter shot into his garage without warning after an intruder tripped sensors he had installed.
Kaarma and his partner have remained in their home since he was released on $30,000 bond on Monday. A sign on their front door Wednesday told visitors not to ring the bell.
According to the Missoulian, Kaarma and his wife have received anonymous death threats on Facebook and are now afraid to leave their home.
article-urn:publicid:ap.org:858a5b9b6ac3452e9e402d4652a15e  ae-6PERL9B5M-HSK1-220_634x475.jpg

+4

Last night Dede's father (not pictured) arrived to collect his son's body and visit Dede's host family, Kate Walker (centre) and Randy Smith (right). Dede's soccer coach and teacher Jay Bostrom is pictured left

article-2616976-6PERHr8cPHSK2-207_634x780.jpg

+4

Just days before Dede was shot dead, Kaarma allegedly told neighbours he had been staying up at night and waiting to shoot an intruder after his house was broken into twice

An official from the German consulate is in Missoula to assist Celal Dede in recovering the body and to meet with local law enforcement and prosecutors, Reinhardt said.
'This is very important to us, and she is there to put pressure on the authorities to investigate thoroughly,' Reinhardt said. 'We don't have any doubt that this will happen.'
Dede's family in Hamburg told the German newspaper Bild the family has lived in Germany since 1977, and Diren has two sisters ages 19 and 21.

He was to be in the U.S. for just another six weeks, but now the family plans a burial in Turkey, the newspaper reported.
Diren Dede played soccer for his Missoula high school and in Germany. His former team in Hamburg was to play a charity match Wednesday to help the family pay for the funeral and other costs.

Read more: Germany demands justice for Diren Dede, exchange student killed in Montana | Mail Online

Yup all OSCE observers are free yet one german dies in america, and german media doesnt give 2 cents about. It proves also its more dangerous to make holidays in america than visiting a civil war zone in ukraine.

Ryf4WP54BkYzWPBjv0aY=.jpg

@MarkusS

1. Dede was turkish and not german.

2. What did he do in the garage of this guy? I often visit the US and i know you dont go into someones property there. I never felt bad there and people are very kind and friendly.

What happened in Montana is tragic but should be seen rational.

This is the tragic consequence of gun culture. Let's hope Mr. Obama can disarm the citizens there and bring about a peaceful US.

This is the tragic consequence of gun culture. Let's hope Mr. Obama can disarm the citizens there and bring about a peaceful US.
Right...And the fact that he was in someone else's home have nothing to do with this tragedy.

Right...And the fact that he was in someone else's home have nothing to do with this tragedy.

This case however, seems like more of a bait and kill. Perhaps a little less trigger happy attitude would have gone a long way.

This case however, seems like more of a bait and kill.
Bait ? With what ?

Perhaps a little less trigger happy attitude would have gone a long way.
Perhaps being more careful on where you step would have gone a long way. How is it possible to miss someone's property for your own domicile ? Too drunk ? If you are too drunk, how am I going to know what you could to me and my family ? As usual, if it involves an American, it is automatically the American's fault. Too trigger happy. Gun culture. Racism. Ignorant of other countries. Etc...Etc...

He's an Indian he wouldn't know anything about right to self-defense and firearms.

Very sad incident, RIP to the young deceased fellow . But what was the exchange student doing in the guys garage (his home)?? That is more than just trespassing. He was probably mistaken for a armed burglar.
Diren Dede is not a US citizen, therefore, according to people on this forum, he has rights and freedoms to the American's house. Probably rights and freedoms to the wife and children as well.

Bait ? With what ?

Perhaps being more careful on where you step would have gone a long way. How is it possible to miss someone's property for your own domicile ? Too drunk ? If you are too drunk, how am I going to know what you could to me and my family ? As usual, if it involves an American, it is automatically the American's fault. Too trigger happy. Gun culture. Racism. Ignorant of other countries. Etc...Etc...

Thats quite reactionary, it has little to do with Muricanism or Gun Culture. I keep a gun and Ill shoot the idiot trying to take it from me. However, here the issue is how the incident occurred; specifically the garage door being left open to bait(what was possibly another violator)..yet , even with a drunk person in the house a 911 call might have been more prudent than shoot first ask questions later.

He's an Indian he wouldn't know anything about right to self-defense and firearms.
Pakistan should be the last country to talk about defending itself. Watch out, there's a drone above you with hellfire!

Not even your armed forces can defend themselves or your sovereignity, and you have the nerve to troll on that point about Indians.

Bait ? With what ?

Being drunk should not mean people are free to kill you.

In a civilised country, the man that shot the boy would be in a lot of trouble.

Obama cannot violate their constitutional rights. (Second amendment.)

Thats quite reactionary, it has little to do with Muricanism or Gun Culture. I keep a gun and Ill shoot the idiot trying to take it from me. However, here the issue is how the incident occurred; specifically the garage door being left open to bait(what was possibly another violator)..yet , even with a drunk person in the house a 911 call might have been more prudent than shoot first ask questions later.

What if it was an armed burgler ? He had no right being there.

RIP to the poor lad but the owner is covered by the law,both the legal and the moral one.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom