What's new

Sikh student not allowed on bus for wearing kirpan

I've met several Sikhs, one at my university not too long ago, and I've tried to research a little into this on my own, but never really got a completely clear answer. Is Sikhism a branch/offshoot of Islam or Hinduism, or both?

Sikh is separate religion from hindu. But we have common culture. They use to workship hindu god and hindu also workship sikh guru.

Don't know about New York
But is it not legal in some American states to carry a concealed gun ?

Don't know about the rules of carrying blades

I've met several Sikhs, one at my university not too long ago, and I've tried to research a little into this on my own, but never really got a completely clear answer. Is Sikhism a branch/offshoot of Islam or Hinduism, or both?

They are branch of Hindus (as per PDF Indians)

[Bregs];4879585 said:
The US general public is not aware about what does carrying of symbolic kirpan means for a sikh

LOL. But the Sikh is in America and not Khalistan.

Don't know about New York
But is it not legal in some American states to carry a concealed gun ?

Don't know about the rules of carrying blades

Two keywords. Concealed and legal. Legal comes through authorization from the US government that the carrier of the said weapon or weapons is legally sane, not a convicted felon and has been authorized to do so. Anything over 3 inches has to be authorized by the government to be carried. Even then, you cannot carry a permitted weapon aboard a plane, you have to check it in your luggage with proper documentation, not sure what the rules are for carrying it on trains, buses or other forms of public transportation.

its a mix of both. although sikhs are responsible for disproportionate killing of muslims

Two keywords. Concealed and legal. Legal comes through authorization from the US government that the carrier of the said weapon or weapons is legally sane, not a convicted felon and has been authorized to do so. Anything over 3 inches has to be authorized by the government to be carried. Even then, you cannot carry a permitted weapon aboard a plane, you have to check it in your luggage with proper documentation, not sure what the rules are for carrying it on trains, buses or other forms of public transportation.

You are kidding, right? :undecided:

You are kidding, right? :undecided:

That's the law in most countries across the world. Its the same here in Pakistan as well. Its another story they implement it better than us. Plus I am under the impression even airguns require some sort of permit in Pakistan. Not very sure about the airgun part but blades over 3 inch are considered weapons in public setting. and again not very confident as to how anyone will enforce any laws in this country.

[Bregs];4880197 said:
what link Indian Punjab has to do with Khalistan ?

What I was trying to say is "Just because Sikhs carry Kirpan in their homeland (Khalistan) that doesn't mean they can also carry those Kirpan here in USA".

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom