What's new

Sikh student not allowed on bus for wearing kirpan

I've met several Sikhs, one at my university not too long ago, and I've tried to research a little into this on my own, but never really got a completely clear answer. Is Sikhism a branch/offshoot of Islam or Hinduism, or both?

No, Sikhism was founded on its own. It's not an offshoot of any other religion.

Should have carried one of the small ones!

Heard Cali is bringing in a new legislation regarding Kirpans.A lot of people get arrested because Kirpan is regarded as a concealed weapon.

Wear what you want in your home but when you walk out your front door, assimilate !!! My 'religion' calls for me to wear an AR-15.

LOL.... this in a country where carrying a gun is perfectly legal!!!!

Sikhs are very political active here in Canada. Their level of representations in government are disproportionally high in relation to their population.

They complain the most about their rights to build their temples, don the turbans in the arm forces, in the police forces. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I don't think it is right or fair to bend the rules for any righteous groups just because it was their tradition. There is a limit.

I mean would you allow the Hare Krishnas to bang their drums and dance in a crowded bus just because......

I've met several Sikhs, one at my university not too long ago, and I've tried to research a little into this on my own, but never really got a completely clear answer. Is Sikhism a branch/offshoot of Islam or Hinduism, or both?

Its a seperate religion... sort of a mix up kinda thing.... their books contain poetry etc from Punjabi sufi saints etc... but the answer is no .. its not an offshoot of none..

Back
Top Bottom