What's new

Future Chinese carrier-borne AEW: KJ-600 or KH-600

KJ-600 made its first taxiing runs. :enjoy:

202009g8q3q418z89qag6w.png

Really??? I must admit, that surprises me ... so all we need are images.

Congrats. :-)

I have not seen this video before. However, it seen like KLC-7 (silk Road Eye) is an export version similar to the one fitted on Pakistan's ZDK-03 early-warning aircraft. PLAN will have options in using either this radar or the one fitted on KJ-500.

"According to Hu, the KLC-7 integrates a mechanical scanning system with active electronically scanned arrays - two popular radar detection methods - and features the latest digital technology and processing capacity, which is much more robust than previous models. With state-of-the-art electronics, the system boasts better anti-jamming functions, a longer detection range and stronger target-tracking ability and optimized algorithms, he said.............. In a picture released by China Electronics Technology Group Corp, the Silk Road Eye appears similar to the ZDK-03"

China Daily Link: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201903/18/WS5c8ef200a3106c65c34ef19d.html

by the way, for what does the letter "H" stands here in the meaning of an AEW-type?
I can think of 2 Chinese characters with initial H that is related to Navy.
1) Hai jun (Navy)
2) Hang mu (Aircraft carrier)

This (2) suggestion is more likely as it is directly link to aircraft carrier.

However, bear in mind that H-600 might not be the real designation as there are no official statement yet with this regard.

I can think of 2 Chinese characters with initial H that is related to Navy.
1) Hai jun (Navy)
2) Hang mu (Aircraft carrier)

This (2) suggestion is more likely as it is directly link to aircraft carrier.

However, bear in mind that H-600 might not be the real designation as there are no official statement yet with this regard.

Thanks, I had a similar idea concerning the 1) option you mention, but since a type is barely named after the service in which it is operated, I agree with you.

However I thought something like KJ-600 or even HJ-600 would be fine since comparable to the KJ-500.

Thanks, I had a similar idea concerning the 1) option you mention, but since a type is barely named after the service in which it is operated, I agree with you.

However I thought something like KJ-600 or even HJ-600 would be fine since comparable to the KJ-500.
If I have the authority to decide, I would choose HJ-600.

Back
Top Bottom