What's new

Future Chinese carrier-borne AEW: KJ-600 or KH-600

so it can launch from sky jump? splendid.

Btw, i wonder can UAV replace the role of this plane?

No, the carrier-mock-up at Wuhan has the original ski-jump deleted. The new grey part, where the ski jump formerly was is flat since 2016.

PLN CV-002 mock-up at Wuhan - 5.9.16 - 1.jpg

Getting a small prop with low thrust and high endurance carrying a heavy weight on its back to fly off a carrier is FAR harder than a high thrust twin engined fighter.

Read up on the development of the Hawkeye. The French and UK (when it was still operating CATOBARs) never solved this problem. The Russians with only the ski jump obviously could not build a fixed-wing AWACS that works.

This is an extremely hard problem and the KJ-600 once it arrives will be one of the most sophisticated systems ever produced in China.
If the Turboprop AEW is launched at the very back of the carrier run way which gives it enough lifting space, I dont think its too difficult to launch especially with jump ski. And I dont think it will hamper carrier ops too much since you only need to launch mostly one to two AEW.

Would be interesting to know why this strange dropping nose is included?

KJ-600 CG in magazine - 1.jpg

No, the carrier-mock-up at Wuhan has the original ski-jump deleted. The new grey part, where the ski jump formerly was is flat since 2016.

View attachment 450464
I really hope they completely redesign the island superstructure ... even on the 002, I feel it is too large.

I really hope they completely redesign the island superstructure ... even on the 002, I feel it is too large.
I think the tower bridge being large also has its advantage. The whole command and control plus officer cabins can be elevated above the hull, saving additional space for other things but of course at the expense of carrier deck space.

img-cfcbdb474fb30a54651ce9336da81b58.jpg

IMG_20180705_064127.png

It is said that this one has been abandoned, and a new one will make its maiden flight very soon.
Besides, it should be called 'Hx00', not 'KJx00'.

Last edited:
DX-2X/3X/4X = DF-2X/3X/4X :D

KJX0XX = KJ2000? 3000?? :lol:

KJ20X, H50X, ZXX, H60X = KJ200, H500, Z18, H600? :coffee:

OXX nuclear submarine

Aircraft Carrier

05X frigate

0....:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom