What's new

Future Chinese carrier-borne AEW: KJ-600 or KH-600

Is there a certain reason for his obsession with '911' ?

By the way I hope it will not look like an ordinary E-2C/D-clone as this CG.

Is there a certain reason for his obsession with '911' ?

By the way I hope it will not look like an ordinary E-2C/D-clone as this CG.

One big round radome, two turboprop engines, four vertical stabilizers... I suppose there will be no much big difference between their total configurations.

One big round radome, two turboprop engines, four vertical stabilizers... I suppose there will be no much big difference between their total configurations.

YES, and even if I agree the KJ-600 will most likely share the same overall configuration and size, this CG is plain and simple (at least IMO) a lazy 1 on 1 copy of a Hawkeye just with PLANAF-markings on.

I don't know in what certain details it will differ but I hope that it will at least be a bit more different.

Deino

PLAN Airforce KJ-600 AEW CG

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

YES, and even if I agree the KJ-600 will most likely share the same overall configuration and size, this CG is plain and simple (at least IMO) a lazy 1 on 1 copy of a Hawkeye just with PLANAF-markings on.

I don't know in what certain details it will differ but I hope that it will at least be a bit more different.

Deino
Nothing wrong with a design that works

KJ-600's chief designer Duan Zhuoyi 段卓毅 leads the R&D team exploring the design method of turboprop aircraft under the condition of high targets & strong constraint, breaking through a series of key technologies, laying the foundation for the project moving ahead.

The referred article in Chinese:

Not only the foresight, but also the action group (activist)
-- Duan Zhuoyi, chief designer of the aviation industry
既是前瞻者,也是行动派 (2017-09-28)
——记航空工业一飞院总设计师段卓毅
http://digitalpaper.stdaily.com/http_www.kjrb.com/kjrb/html/2017-09/28/content_378949.htm?div=0
。。。

Getting a small prop with low thrust and high endurance carrying a heavy weight on its back to fly off a carrier is FAR harder than a high thrust twin engined fighter.

Read up on the development of the Hawkeye. The French and UK (when it was still operating CATOBARs) never solved this problem. The Russians with only the ski jump obviously could not build a fixed-wing AWACS that works.

This is an extremely hard problem and the KJ-600 once it arrives will be one of the most sophisticated systems ever produced in China.

so it can launch from sky jump? splendid.

Btw, i wonder can UAV replace the role of this plane?

Back
Top Bottom