What's new

First Squadron of JF-17 Inducted on 18/02/2010

Congratulations People :)

Pakistan Zindabad :pakistan:

a4e4465e09c2c4ae4062546d903a89a8.jpg

1100859721-1.gif

Source: Daily Express. http://www.express.com.pk/images/NP_LHE/20100218/Sub_Images/1100859721-1.gif

Could not confirm it from other news papers, but if it is correct, Masha Allah.

Well I am not great at translation but it would be something like this:

Lahore (Zia Tanouli) Pakistan-China jointly developed JF-17 Thunder multirole fighter airplane is formally inducted in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Number 26 squadron is established in Kamra in which 14 airplanes are initially inducted. According to the top sources of the PAF, the 14 airplanes inducted were thoroughly evaluated with all kinds of armament in the anti-terror operation in Wazeeristan. Due to the security concerns, the first squadron is established in Kamra which will later be transferred to Peshawar. With the establishment of the first squadron of the JF-17, the two A-5 squadrons will also be grounded today. The inaugural ceremony of the establishment of the new squadron will be held today in Kamra, in which along with the ACM Rao Qamar Suleman, many important national dignitaries will participate. According to the sources, in the coming weeks, more airplanes which are in their finals phase of completion, will be inducted in this squadron.

well lets see if this is true as the official date cited by PAF was June-2010 when the 1st sqdn of JF-17s will stand up.

it is an unconfirmed news,,, not reported anywhere else!!
moreover the number of planes in the squadron will be 18-20 and not 14 !!!

thanks!

it is an unconfirmed news,,, not reported anywhere else!!
moreover the number of planes in the squadron will be 18-20 and not 14 !!!

thanks!

read the first post again........ it says more aircrafts will be added to this squadron in coming weeks

and this news have also been published on express TV so hopefully its a confirm news, may be express news was too quick to pick up this news and other tv channels were busy interviewing CJ and Zardari

This is my first post in the Air Force Forums. I am not sure about this news as i am unable to locate it anywhere else. Can anyone with inside information please confirm it because as per my information the technical team for JF-17 is in Peshawar and still there and this article claims the squardron is being placed in Kamra.

Congratulations to the great airforce , its personnel and the nation on this feat.... :pakistan:

By the latest accounts

We now have 14 JF17 Thunders
1 squadron 12 planaes + 2 , and they mentioned few planes arealmost completed (in few weeks almost ready)

Safe to assume we have now 19 JF17 Thunders, and hopefully we can reach 24 planes / target for 2 full squadrons , as there are still 10 months left in current year

24 JF17 Thunder:china::pakistan:
18 F16 C/D :usflag:
UAV idegneous/ US drones :usflag:

Very good year for our airforce

Updated at: 1550 PST, Thursday, February 18, 2010
KAMRA: The first squadron of fighter jet JF 17- Thunder has been inducted in Pakistan Air Force (PAF) fleet on Thursday.

Chief of Air Staff Rao Qamar Suleman was the chief guest of the ceremony held at PAF airbase Kamra.

In his address, Air Chief has congratulated the nation and said it is a historic day for PAF and entire nation.

First squadron of JF 17- Thunder inducted in PAF

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom