What's new

Fence Pak-Afghan Border

you mean hindi being given preference over urdu ;)

Both of them have evolved into a mix of vernacular, Sanskrit and Persian-Arabic words and most of the Indians know both kind of it because of Bollywood. That's why Pakistanis seems to very much fearful of Indian movies and they wish the protect the Urdu language from Indians which was once imported from UP. ;)

Personal opinion of individuals and we give them freedom to express. BTW if you take just one blog as a yardstick lollzzzz at you.

:) as far as hindi language well it has threat from your own Indian non-Hindis ;) so how can it threaten us at all.

BTW the street language presented as hindi in bollywood should indeed be discouraged

You once told me Urdu freely takes words from other languages but at the same time it shouldn't take words from India, the same place from where you imported the Urdu language while at the same time loathe your own native languages. :laugh:

Well you have passed your exams , Urdu is fricking hard . We already have enough load on us now basic education in urdu upto 8th as you mention would mean switching to English after that , it will lead to unnecessary wastage and time and resource better yet the basic education to the advanced should all be in one language and English becomes the obvious choice for its numerous advantages!

Urdu seems hard because we don't give a wooden nickle about it even though we speak it in our daily lives (even those of us who's mother tongue isn't Urdu); which gives it a distinct edge in terms of understanding over Urdu because, so far as I know, studies have shown that a person's creativity & understanding is heightened when the education is imparted in their Mother Tongues - Now we can't have them in our Mother Tongues for some of the reasons I mentioned above (there are many more) & so we have to ask ourselves - What is the next best alternative ?

Its Urdu !

I say impart basic education in Urdu so that the basic concepts that serve as the building blocks for further studies are strengthened & understood fully. In the meantime teach English so that by the time students reach the stage where they study other subjects in English...there ability to grasp is strong enough that they are perfectly comfortable with the usage of English - Haven't you had one of your teachers read something in English & then explained it in Pashto or Urdu so that the exact meaning sinks in ? Over here our teachers did that with Urdu or Punjabi despite all of us studying in perfectly good English Medium Schools.

You once told me Urdu freely takes words from other languages but at the same time it shouldn't take words from India, the same place from where you imported the Urdu language while at the same time loathe your own native languages. :laugh:

Indeed it takes. and i repeat any street language from not only India but also any other region is a big NO we should not include tapori words ;)

What the fuss is all about, give the student options to choose mother tongue, national language and international language. Three languages compulsory

Teach them science, social, mathematics in english .... problem solved ..... ethnic identity will be restored and that student will find it easy when he moves in search of job to other places.

What the fuss is all about, give the student options to choose mother tongue, national language and international language. Three languages compulsory

Teach them science, social, mathematics in english .... problem solved ..... ethnic identity will be restored and that student will find it easy when he moves in search of job to other places.

:P yes we also experimented that and tell you including me dint opt for it.

our ethnic identity is going nowhere. Its just that some ethnic biased groups are doing politics by using this card.

Indeed it takes. and i repeat any street language from not only India but also any other region is a big NO we should not include tapori words ;)

Your fear is not about those tapori words but the Sanskrit words of Hindi, I have even notices all such attempt to artificially shielding has gone waste because bollywood movies are sold like atta-chawal in every corner of Pakistan. ;)

:P yes we also experimented that and tell you including me dint opt for it.

our ethnic identity is going nowhere. Its just that some ethnic biased groups are doing politics by using this card.
This is the model we follow and it is a successful one :)

Your fear is not about those tapori words but the Sanskrit words of Hindi, I have even notices all such attempt to artificially shielding has gone waste because bollywood movies are sold like atta-chawal in every corner of Pakistan. ;)

ok for a moment if Sanskrit words are taken how it is going to give you any boost ? ;) you Indians are fearing losing it to filmi hindi ;)

Forget that; was it Bollywood that turned an innocent word like saala into the gaali that it is right now? o_O

By the way; the biggest threat to Urdu and other languages spoken in Pakistan is the huge Anglicization! Fact is, once people learn English they seldom like to downgrade to other languages; this is very much true here in the UK and from what I hear in Pakistan as well.

Back
Top Bottom