What's new

Fence Pak-Afghan Border

This is the model we follow and it is a successful one :)
3 languages is too much don't you say ? Most of the people themselves don't want Ethnic lang to be taught in schools except a few Greedy politicians whose own children go to prestigious institutes abroad while they make hue and cry for their language.

A Prime example would be baby Bhutto (Bilawal) for that matter.

2 should be fine. English and Urdu till 8th or tenth grade.

ok for a moment if Sanskrit words are taken how it is going to give you any boost ? ;)

No boast but your fear sounds very gibberish. :laugh:

you Indians are fearing losing it to filmi hindi ;)

The Hindi used in movies is the one we speak as a vernacular, so there is no fear about that, languages always evolve and this evolution can't keep this artificial separation of Hindi-Urdu for so long. ;)

3 languages is too much don't you say ? Most of the people themselves don't want Ethnic lang to be taught in schools except a few Greedy politicians whose own children go to prestigious institutes abroad while they make hue and cry for their language.

You can't speak either English or Urdu - You are an Afghan Refugee ! :whistle:

I think teaching mother tongue should not be a problem, that will preserve the identity.

I have noticed many Pakistani guys going hysterical when people talk about other Pakistani languages seeing it as a threat to idea of Pakistan.

Since when is that true? Bring out the proof; because since last I checked, everybody pretty much speaks their own languages + Urdu + some also speak some English!
If you're from Southern Punjab, a lot of people are fluent in 3 languages (Saraiki, Punjabi and Urdu). Consider Hindko a separate language than Punjabi, then with a bit of training these people could be considered to be fluent in 4 languages :tup:

By the way; the biggest threat to Urdu and other languages spoken in Pakistan is the huge Anglicization! Fact is, once people learn English they seldom like to downgrade to other languages; this is very much true here in the UK and from what I hear in Pakistan as well.

I have seen many of them speaking it with a thick Firangi accent. :o::o:

A local language and/or Urdu until graduation from Uni is the way to go! Believe me, English is like a shackle holding us down. It's too different from our languages and most Pakistanis will never grasp it in their lifetime!

We all studied three languages in school here, the people who speak Hindi take Sanskrit as the third language, there is really no problem being faced in learning three languages.

who is fencig this boarder afganistan or pakistan.

Nobody fencing it, its just a proposal being floated by the Pakistanis on this forum. BTW Afghans will never move forward to fence the Durand Line since they consider Durand line as an artificial border.

Nobody fencing it, its just a proposal being floated by the Pakistanis on this forum. BTW Afghans will never move forward to fence the Durand Line since they consider Durand line as an artificial border.[/quo
No one is fencing it.....we - Pakistanis - are just discussing whether it would be a good idea to mine & fence the Border with Afghanistan or not ?
Yes of course, for stability of region u should but the thing is you should also take Afgan in confidence as unilateral move has consequences.

Yes of course, for stability of region u should but the thing is you should also take Afgan in confidence as unilateral move has consequences.

What the Afghans do or do not want would be more or less irrelevant because they can't do anything if we do it on our own soil but because the costs are prohibitively high so its probably never going to take-off for the next couple of decades - It was more like a wish more than anything else !

Back
Top Bottom