What's new

Featured Ex Air Chief Sohail Aman interview with Qalam Camera

OK mate...I guess if you had been to a university you would not type that.
Before asking a question one must apply his grey matter to ensure that what they are asking is informative and relevant. Thats when progress is made. Anarchy is when u allow idiots to just ask stupid questions without the slightest thought for what the repercussions.
People here think they are experts on aviation matters.
I have an master in aircraft design from a very prestigious university in the UK and worked as a scientist and a structural engineer. I wouldn't say I am in any way an expert or know anywhere near what they men and women of PAF have done and achieved with limited resource.

The university I went to emphasised on questions. There were no stupid questions, only stupid people who thought asking questions or constructive reasoning was beneath them. Also you need to look up the definition of "Anarchy" raising a question cannot be classed as such. Surprised you went to a university in UK let me know what institute it was so I can make sure my kids avoid it.

The university I went to emphasised on questions. There were no stupid questions, only stupid people who thought asking questions or constructive reasoning was beneath them. Also you need to look up the definition of "Anarchy" raising a question cannot be classed as such. Surprised you went to a university in UK let me know what institute it was so I can make sure my kids avoid it.
By your rude comment I doubt you went to the end of the road...bye bye

yeah, you are partially right,
It's better to ask a stupid question than to be stupid forever, but the question should be a better-digniified way. This questioning is the reason for acquiring knowledge.

yeah, you are partially right,
It's better to ask a stupid question than to be stupid forever, but the question should be a better-digniified way. This questioning is the reason for acquiring knowledge.

Correct
Its always good to ask relevant and thoughtful questions to increase knowledge. But simply asking stupid question is plain wrong.

I do question his statement though, in 2019 he said AZM's design was complete. Though IDK if that was in reference to the MALE uav.

I do question his statement though, in 2019 he said AZM's design was complete. Though IDK if that was in reference to the MALE uav.
He was referring to the FGFA, as this was also reported in MODP yearbook as well. However, the yearbook clearly states this was a preliminary design (I've already had a colorful discussion about what that meant that on the Azm thread :) ).

However, I am fairly certain the MALE UAV program predates the announcement of the Azm program and that it will become real (has become real) much much sooner. We have seen the bulkheads and contracts for jigs (December 2019 I think). That thing has been built already.

Last edited:
He was referring to the FGFA, as this was also reported in MODP yearbook as well. However, the yearbook clearly states this was a preliminary design (I've already had a colorful discussion about what that meant that on the Azm thread :) ).

However, I am fairly certain the MALE UAV program predates the announcement of the Azm program and that it will become real (has become real) much much sooner. We have seen the bulkheads and contracts for jigs (early December). That thing has been built already.
Whats ur guess on azm technology demonstrator..
If its 2025 then we can expect azm serial production by 2035-40

If PAf i s serious then it has to set clear targets and decide what it can abd cant do without exteenal help

Whats ur guess on azm technology demonstrator..
If its 2025 then we can expect azm serial production by 2035-40

If PAf i s serious then it has to set clear targets and decide what it can abd cant do without exteenal help
No idea. There is too much uncertainty, at least in what is known publicly.

Correct
Its always good to ask relevant and thoughtful questions to increase knowledge. But simply asking stupid question is plain wrong.
question is only the question, It reflects how much the asker knows, it may appear absurd or out of context to the others
but if the respondent is well learned and higher knowledgeable fellow, He may turn that entirely stupid question into most relevant and thought-provoking with the answer,
words are a mere reflection of the personality of the speaker, a gem for a learned fellow, a critique for a critic. a drama for the playwright, a poem for the poet, and a thesis for the researcher. it may satire, an essay or description or rebuttal
the words may word but their selection and arrangement make them a masterpiece.

question is only the question, It reflects how much the asker knows, it may appear absurd or out of context to the others
but if the respondent is well learned and higher knowledgeable fellow, He may turn that entirely stupid question into most relevant and thought-provoking with the answer,
words are a mere reflection of the personality of the speaker, a gem for a learned fellow, a critique for a critic. a drama for the playwright, a poem for the poet, and a thesis for the researcher. it may satire, an essay or description or rebuttal
the words may word but their selection and arrangement make them a masterpiece.
Learned people.
We are here to learn and sometimes booboos are made. Please forgive us all for being nontechnical and enlighten us.
Kind regards to all.
A

However, I am fairly certain the MALE UAV program predates the announcement of the Azm program and that it will become real (has become real) much much sooner. We have seen the bulkheads and contracts for jigs (December 2019 I think). That thing has been built already.

gotcha. thanks.

2. Pakistani Pilots Capability is way ahead than Indians and if they want to match current fighter pilot skills they need at least 10 years.
its a great thing that indian airforce is behind. But i have a question
It was a same case in almost every field for example look at cricket, hockey, music and movies we were miles ahead of them in the past. They got lead and now we are the one who are behind in these fields and many others. So how are we going to keep this gap in training and professionalism between Pakistan and Indian armies?

Last edited:
he said project azam could have more partners in it and i am guessing turkey is one of them since they are not gonna get F-35s and future cannot be forged upon F-16s moreover Azerbaijan could also be a part of programme ....who else ??
Russia? Apart from china.

Back
Top Bottom