What's new

Featured Ex Air Chief Sohail Aman interview with Qalam Camera

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1. Rafale is not a game-changer in India - Pakistan scenario
2. Pakistani Pilots Capability is way ahead than Indians and if they want to match current fighter pilot skills they need at least 10 years.
3. Pakistan will keep its first shoot capability in the future as well.
4. S400 is definitely a capability, but it is something like not that it will dominate Pakistani skies
5. PAF is studying Rafale and S400 for many years.
6. Pakistan has worked a lot on indigenization
7. Azm Project design is almost finalized in 3 years. 2 Designs are already made. Azm will be in light in a few years and some countries want to JV or collaborate
8. PAF wants to use homemade electronic warfare
9. Indigenous EW played an important role on 27th Feb incident

Last edited:
Yashfeen Jamal continues to do well in these interviews. She seems to research things and asks good questions.

Also, I was and remain a fan of CAS Aman. A man of vision and integrity. God bless!

Last edited:
2. Pakistani Pilots Capability is way ahead than Indians and if they want to match current fighter pilot skills they need at least 10 years.
3. Pakistan will keep its first shoot capability in the future as well.
We never had any doubts on these points, our pilots are complete professionals and are leagues ahead of their adversary. India balances this disparity by buying fancy toys which is a bad strategy, their focus on human development has always been their Achilles heel.

8:30 - 8:40

Can we get some analisis( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) on this statement

Very professional interview and loved the points he hit as well. I can say even under sanctions and what not and limited capabilities we’ve kept our knifes sharp. I will say the JF-17 Project invigorated our officers and air men. The Aviation City he talked about and how this model works is unique. But remember what he said the key is Radar, Missile and most Importantly EW Suite and he mentioned even your best ally wouldn’t give you everything and I’m sure PAF most likely made in house changes.

Last edited:
What a brilliant interview. Professional and ideologically FIRM & CLEAR-MINDED officer. May Allah allow us to have similar and even better officers across the board in military and other institutions :)

Very professional interview and loved the points he hit as well. I can say even under sanctions and what not and limited capabilities we’ve kept our knifes sharp. I will say the JF-17 Project invigorated our officers and air men. The Aviation City he talked about and how this model works is unique. But remember what he said the key is Radar, Missile and most Importantly EW Suite and he mentioned even your best ally wouldn’t give you everything and I’m sure PAF most likely made in house changes.

Hi,

I have been saying that for lot longer than him or as long as he has been saying that---.

Compare this man to your COAS. The IQ of our average army officer is just embarrassing. I wish this man was our PM. He could do some excellent work for our industry.
The average army officer also has a lower bar to entry than the PAF and has to spend less on training and exposure accordingly - however, the COAS is the product of an older generation and things are improving rapidly.
Today’s average colonel isnt the gagoo whom I worked with at some point developing equipment and couldn’t tell the difference between a Su-30 or mig, or a Wire and Laser guided ATGM.
Nor are such gagoos representative of the norm - however, bear in mind that the system’s merit tends to fail as the pool for going up gets smaller. So other knowledge areas such as relationship building and politics comes into light more and more. This is true to different extents in all organizations- military or civilian -Pakistani or the world. What differentiates them is commitment of the whole to the cause of the organization.

@PanzerKiel @jaibi

he said project azam could have more partners in it and i am guessing turkey is one of them since they are not gonna get F-35s and future cannot be forged upon F-16s moreover Azerbaijan could also be a part of programme ....who else ??

Back
Top Bottom