What's new

Could Ranjeet Singh's statue in Lahore be torn down like the statues of tyrants in the West?

Crusher

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This one,

attachment.php

5d1539015de63.jpg

He was a tyrant who made the lives of the Muslim populations of Punjab, Kashmir and modern KPK miserable but his statue was placed in Lahore a couple of years ago by the self-hating "ham bahasiat qaum munafiq hain" brigade in Lahore. So now as we are living in the age of tearing down statutes of tyrants from the past in the wake of current global campaign against the statues of the past racists and tyrants, is it possible that the statue of this tyrant could also meet the same fate. You comments please?

Last edited:
It should be. It should not be in public. We do not celebrate Ranjeet Singh at all. He is not our hero. If anything, he should be confined from public eye. Have it place in Sikh museum or something.

He is a proven tyrant, racist and vile character. So if the the statue of a relatively moderate person like Sir Winston Churchill in England can fall under the symbol of "racist and tyrant" from the past, then this Ranjeet singh guy was tyrant on steroids against Muslims of Punjab, Kashmir and KPK, yes we are talking about "our very own ancestors" living during his dark reign.

Last edited:
"Maharaja Ranjit Singh's sovereignty was accepted by Afghan and Punjabi Muslims, who fought under his banner against the Afghan forces of Nadir Shah and later of Azim Khan. His court was ecumenical in composition: his prime minister, Dhian Singh, was a Dogra; his foreign minister, Fakir Azizuddin, was a Muslim; and his finance minister, Dina Nath, was a Brahmin. Artillery commanders such as Mian Ghausa were also Muslims. There were no forced conversions in his time. His wives Bibi Mohran, Gilbahar Begum retained their faith and so did his Hindu wives".[77]

It seems Maraja Ranjit Singh of Punjab loved Muslims. He married two or three Muslim women. Since Punjab could not produce any other benevolent Muslim king, it would be wiser to accept Ranjit as the bonafide Punjabi King whatever was his religion. Pakistan was not created in that time.

So, people should see him in the historical context that he stopped British from advancing to the west. He was a Hero of Hindustan born in Punjab as a Sikh. I salute him because he was a defender of Hindustan against British as well as Afghans.

Last edited:
This one,

attachment.php

5d1539015de63.jpg

He was a tyrant who made the lives of the Muslim populations of Punjab, Kashmir and modern KPK miserable but his statue was placed in Lahore a couple of years ago by "ham bahasiat qaum munafiq hain" brigade in Lahore. So now as we are living in the age of tearing down statutes of tyrants from the past in the wake of current global campaign against the statues of the past racists and tyrants, is it possible that the statue of this tyrant could also meet the same fate. You comments please?
What about the present living tyrants any thoughts on how we can bring them down
This is the best idea. It should not be in plain view. Neither do we enjoy statues as Muslims, neither are we admirers of killers of Muslims.
He is a proven tyrant, racist and vile character. So if the the statue of Sir Churchill in England can fall under the statues of "racist and tyrant", then this Ranjeet singh guy was tyrant on steroids against Muslims of Punjab, Kashmir and KPK, yes we are talking about "our very own ancestors" living during his dark reign.
It should be. It should not be in public. We do not celebrate Ranjeet Singh at all. He is not our hero. If anything, he should be confined from public eye. Have it place in Sikh museum or something.

exposes you people how much you hate non muslims

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

so what will be future of your cherished dream of khalistan ? khalistanis will take back their seat of khalsa raj LAHORE .

"Maharaja Ranjit Singh's sovereignty was accepted by Afghan and Punjabi Muslims, who fought under his banner against the Afghan forces of Nadir Shah and later of Azim Khan. His court was ecumenical in composition: his prime minister, Dhian Singh, was a Dogra; his foreign minister, Fakir Azizuddin, was a Muslim; and his finance minister, Dina Nath, was a Brahmin. Artillery commanders such as Mian Ghausa were also Muslims. There were no forced conversions in his time. His wives Bibi Mohran, Gilbahar Begum retained their faith and so did his Hindu wives".[77]

It seems Maraja Ranjit Singh of Punjab loved Muslims. He married two or three Muslim women. Since Punjab could not produce any other benevolent Muslim king, it would be wiser to accept Ranjit as the bonafide Punjabi King whatever was his religion. Pakistan was not created in that time.

So, people should see him in the historical context that he stopped British from advancing to the west. He was Hero of Hindustan born as a Punjabi Sikh. I salute him because he was a defender of Hindustan against British as well as Afghans.

Hi,

Thank you for an excellent post---. Ranjit Singh was the true son of the soil---a punjabi leader and a conquerer---. Name another leader from the region was a conquerer king---.

It is written that his rule was extremely just---the shops stayed open during day time or the night time and even if there was no shopkeeper and no one stole anything---.

His actions against t hose whom he fought are no different than any other muslim conquerer of the region.

exposes you people how much you hate non muslims

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

so what will be future of your cherished dream of khalistan ? khalistanis will take back their seat of khalsa raj LAHORE .
Pakistanis are nothing if not consistently hypocritical. These will be the same people who will cry the loudest if India renames anything that carries the Mughal name.

Hi,

Thank you for an excellent post---. Ranjit Singh was the true son of the soil---a punjabi leader and a conquerer---. Name another leader from the region was a conquerer king---.

It is written that his rule was extremely just---the shops stayed open during day time or the night time and even if there was no shopkeeper and no one stole anything---.

His actions against t hose whom he fought are no different than any other muslim conquerer of the region.

Never expected such a cuck post from you in my wildest of dreams, I think you are thoroughly confused personality.

Ranjeet Singh's name still strikes terror into the hearts of Muslims, Afghans and Pakistanis.

yes many people have to google his name too. sad denial of history

Pakistanis are nothing if not consistently hypocritical. These will be the same people who will cry the loudest if India renames anything that carries the Mughal name.

This is a random internet post.

PTI Science and Technology minister Fuwwad Chowdary did present an emotional eulogy to this son of soil and symbol of Punjab supremacy.

I will NOT and I am not a teenager for your information. Somethings are instinctive in your genetic DNA, in my case I don't consider anyone other than my own direct blood line to be my "ancestor", so I am sure that this POS Ranjeet Singh was not my direct line of ancestors so given a chance I would rather p*** on the statue of this so called son of the soil. My genetic instinct doesn't allow me to be proud of a bastard tyrant who could possibly have put the lives of my real direct blood ancestors in misery during early 1800s.

Hi,

You show your age as 44 in introduction---so why would anyone assume that you are a teenager---.

Ok you want to---then be proud of your genetic line---BFD---.

Ranjeet Singh's name still strikes terror into the hearts of Muslims, Afghans and Pakistanis.

Hi,

No---it does not---.

someone needs to keep a check on fawaad chaudhary and how he is providing fuel to PTM by his pro ranjeet singh rheotoric.

Back
Top Bottom