What's new

PAKISTANI WOMAN creates DEMON STATUE in NYC

Relaxed seggsual ethics lead to increased single motherhood which is what I am trying to get at. Only benefits bums.

Look at the Black community, they have been cyclically destroyed as one guy has like 5 kids to 3 women. As a result the father is a deadbeat and isn't there for his kids which is scientifically proven to lead to more crimes and drug use as well as more mental health issues.

It is a controversial opinion, but looking at the whole Russia-Ukraine thing, Russia's familial based society is what makes Russian people tough. For example, at the onset of the war many tournaments in Europe straight up banned Russian athletes just because of Putin's actions which is obviously not fair. Western media also being incessant doesn't help either. Still the Russian populace stands by Russia and those athletes stood by their country.

You won't see this toughness in the US.

My cousin in Islamabad told me people in Pakistan try to emulate the "LA Accent" and they all end up sounding like cheap versions of instagram influencers.

Everything people in our region do always ends up being a funny parody of gora culture.
Maybe it could be the case with Russia but its also strictly authoritarian so we always get a polished image.

I do think its pretty dumb to ban people of other countries from taking part in international sports cuz of politics but sports also play a huge role in politics

End of day it comes down to whether you want to live your own life by your own rules without any regulations or want certain restrictions put in place to promote community

Both have pros and cons, just comes down to opinion by then

You are correct in saying that his private life is his business; however, this should have been the case for the rest of the nation as well. His using religion as a tool for his own selfish desires such as power and control set an example for many radical groups, TLP and TTP being the finest example of this. Additionally, this has led to the corruption of our beautiful religion, it disgusts me that radical bastards use the name of Islam to commit evil. He planted the seeds which resulted in terrorism in Pakistan and this terrorism has caused more harm to this country than India has caused us from all four wars combined. If he had actually brought Islam to Pakistan instead of merely using the name of Islam for his own selfish reasons then Pakistan would have been a successful country today and I would have been a fan of his.

I want to write more but before I do I would like to know your opinion on Afgan refugees.
If you do something in your private life it's relatively impossible for others to intervene unless they are present inside your home; or you yourself publicise it which makes it no longer private.

Also I'm against Afghan refugees and you probably know this too but it was a necessary evil for various reasons, rejecting them was close to impossible due to geography and demographics. Good luck trying to police one of the most porous borders in the world and at the same time hurt the sentiments of your second largest ethnicity.

Secondly the terrorism in Pakistan is painted under the guise of Islam but it isn't, TTP is not an Islamic organisation in its roots if you are citing this, it a tribal Pashtun insurgency which are nearly almost fought using Islamic ideologies. Same in Afghanistan - it only represents Pashtun hegemony over Tajiks, Hazaras, etc. Nearly all the "Islamic terrorism" is just whitewashed Pashtun militancy.

The only real solution to the problems you mentioned is mass education, while some of it is the byproduct of necessary risks that paid off other dividends, most is the consequences of geopolitics and an uneducated backwards population.

The ideal Islamic society you picture from Zia is simply not possible in such a short time without mass education, otherwise groups like TLP is exactly what you get - fanatic people with no pragmatism. You will always get this if you have no mass education alongside Islam.

It's hideous. They should have got a proper artist. Pakistanis don't do the whole Medusa demonic shit statues very well, it looks like at best a cheap greek inspired knock off.

She should stick to colourful mosaics and maybe try and integrate through more meaningful means.

Last edited:
I checked out her work and she's one of those weird feminist types 😭 😭

Seems to have talent have no idea why she put demon horns on Ruth Bader Ginsburg

UK Pakistanis are a completely different breed than US Pakistanis
I’m surprised this got made, horns on a famous Jewish person is an old stereotypical trope. Also horns on what is suppose to be a female judge implies vengefulness. Is the statue suppose to be her take on the modern justice system. Just interesting it got approved to be put up but considering the embrace statue in Boston went up, I guess anything passes mustard if it’s considered “modern art”.

Also I'm against Afghan refugees and you probably know this too but it was a necessary evil for various reasons, rejecting them was close to impossible due to geography and demographics. Good luck trying to police one of the most porous borders in the world and at the same time hurt the sentiments of your second largest ethnicity.

Even though accepting them may have been inevitable, letting them settle throughout Pakistan, and even allowing them to ply long distance trucks (tax free, of course) caused the decimation of local businesses and spread the drugs and Kalashnikov culture everywhere. Heck, even Gen Zia's buddy, Lt Gen Fazle Haq used the office of governor and NLC trucks to do the same. Billions were made. Billions.

(And then his other buddy, another governor, this time in Punjab, brought forth a protégé whose initials are NS. Talk about gifts to the nation that just keep on giving. :D )

Am here to arrest ur dad nawaz sharif.
It takes a special kind of stupidity to interpret my post as being pro-NS even though I never mentioned that c*nt NS in my post. 765,000 people left Pakistan in 2022, this number is going to increase exponentially over the coming years. Almost everyone here wants to leave this country asap, you can continue to keep your head buried inside the queen's *** if you don't believe me.

The artist Shahzia Sikander calls the eight-foot sculpture she has placed atop a New York courthouse an urgent form of “resistance.”

Frenzied commuters in New York’s Flatiron district have been stopped in their tracks in recent days by an unlikely apparition near Moses, Confucius and Zoroaster. Standing atop the grandiose state courthouse is a shimmering, golden eight-foot female sculpture, emerging from a pink lotus flower and wearing Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s signature lace collar.

Staring regally ahead with hair braided like spiraling horns, the sculpture, installed as part of an exhibition that opened last week, is the first female to adorn one of the courthouse’s 10 plinths, dominated for more than a century by now weathered statues representing great lawgivers throughout the ages — all of them men.

Shahzia Sikander, 53, the paradigm-busting Pakistani American artist behind the work, said the sculpture was part of an urgent and necessary cultural reckoning underway as New York, along with cities across the world, reconsiders traditional representations of power in public spaces and recasts civic structures to better reflect 21st-century social mores.

“She is a fierce woman and a form of resistance in a space that has historically been dominated by patriarchal representation,” said Sikander, who previously served on the New York Mayoral Advisory Commission of City Art, Monuments and Markers. She said the work was called “NOW” because it was needed “now,” at a time when women’s reproductive rights were under siege after the U.S. Supreme Court in June overturned the constitutional right to abortion.

“With Ginsburg’s death and the reversal of Roe, there was a setback to women’s constitutional progress,” she wrote in her artist’s statement.

With an acrimonious culture war over abortion buffeting the country, some lawyers expressed surprise at seeing an artwork, partially framed as a response to the overturning of a Supreme Court decision, atop a state courthouse. But New York has long been at the forefront of the drive for abortion access and New York has moved to enshrine abortion rights in the state constitution.

It is not the first time this court, the Appellate Division, First Judicial Department, of the New York State Supreme Court, has changed the lineup of figures presiding over its rooftop. In 1955 the court removed a turn-of-the-century, eight-foot-tall marble statue of the Prophet Muhammad when the Pakistani, Egyptian and Indonesian Embassies asked the State Department to intervene; many Muslims have deeply held religious beliefs that prohibit depictions of the prophet.

To compensate for the visual gap left at the commanding southwest corner of the building, seven statues were shifted one pedestal westward, leaving Zoroaster in the place of Muhammad. The easternmost pedestal, once occupied by Justinian, was left vacant. That is where Sikander’s sculpture presides.

The Lahore-born Sikander, whose work has been displayed at the Whitney Biennial and who made her name reimagining the art of Indo-Persian miniature painting from a feminist, post-colonial perspective, was at pains to emphasize that Muhammad’s removal and her installation were completely unrelated. “My figure is not replacing anyone or canceling anyone,” she said.

Much as Justice Ginsburg wore her lace collar to recast a historically male uniform and proudly reclaim it for her gender, Sikander said her stylized sculpture was aimed at feminizing a building that was commissioned in 1896. Writing in The New Yorker in 1928, the architect and author George S. Chappell called the rooftop ring of male figures atop the building a “ridiculous adornment of mortuary statuary.”

The aesthetic merits of the courthouse’s sumptuous Beaux-Arts-style architecture aside, the building’s symbolism has outsize importance in New York’s civic and legal identity and beyond: The court hears appeals from all the trial courts in Manhattan and the Bronx, as well as some of the most important appeals in the country.

Justice Dianne T. Renwick, the first Black female justice at the Appellate Division, First Department, who chairs a committee examining issues of diversity, said that, in the wake of the killing of George Floyd in 2020, the court had undertaken a long overdue effort to address gender and racial bias since the courthouse had been built, at a time when women and people of color were erased and overlooked.

While the courthouse has allegorical female figures, she said that no figures of female judges or justices had previously existed outside or inside the courthouse, while only one woman — Betty Weinberg Ellerin, a trailblazing judge and the first woman to be appointed presiding justice of the Appellate Division — was named on the courtroom’s ornate stained-glass ceiling dome on a section honoring those who had held that position.

She lamented that another area of the dome citing historic judges and lawyers in American history included the name Roger Brooke Taney, the U.S. Supreme Court justice who wrote the racist Dred Scott decision, which ruled that African Americans were not and could not be citizens. She said she and other justices wanted his name removed from the dome and that talks were underway to expunge his name, and potentially place it in the court’s library, with an explanatory note describing his role in American history.

“The fact that his name is in this dome is outrageous,” Justice Renwick said. “We don’t want to erase the art, we wanted to contextualize it,” she added.

Amid an international debate over the need to diversify public spaces, cities like Bristol, Arlington and Antwerp, among others, have been removing monuments honoring historic figures who advocated slavery or held racist views.

While many cultural observers see this exercise as essential, it has, at times, pitted modernizers against some conservationists and scholars who argue that public spaces, be they streets, statues or houses of law, should be preserved as historical records, no matter how egregious or anachronistic their iconography. (The exterior of the courthouse was designated a New York City landmark in 1966.)

The “NOW” sculpture is in dialogue with another 18-foot sculpture of a powerful woman by Sikander, called “Witness,” in adjacent Madison Square Park. Sikander said that sculpture wore a hoop skirt inspired by the stained-glass dome of the courthouse, symbolizing the need to “break the legal glass ceiling.” Written on the sculpture is the word “havah,” which she said means “air” or “atmosphere” in Urdu and “Eve” in Arabic and Hebrew.

Brooke Kamin Rapaport,  the chief curator of the Madison Square Park Conservancy, called the works — co-commissioned by the conservancy and Public Art of the University of Houston System — “anti-monuments.”

The movement to alter public spaces is not new, though it has gained urgency in recent years.

Claire Bishop, a British critic and professor of art history at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, observed that Sikander’s sculptures were part of a decades-long movement in which artists have been doggedly intervening in monumental statuary and official sites or buildings.

In 2018, a reconstruction by the American artist Michael Rakowitz of an ancient statue of a winged bull destroyed by ISIS was installed on a sculpture platform known as the Fourth Plinth, in Trafalgar Square in London. One year later, in its annual commission to enliven the storied Fifth Avenue facade of the Metropolitan Museum in New York, the museum installed four sculptures by Wangechi Mutu, the Kenyan-born American visual artist, depicting seated women, dressed in coiled garments with discs placed on different parts of their heads.

“Maybe she can help channel us back to reinstating Roe v. Wade,” Bishop added, referring to the “NOW” sculpture, which she called “a magical hybrid plant-animal” that was emblematic of the need for “more radiant female energy on the facade of every courthouse.”

Sikander said the placement of her luminous female sculpture in such a monumental public space as a courthouse had added poignancy for her since, she said, her work had been censored in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks amid a xenophobic backlash against Muslim Americans.

She recalled that in 2001 she decided to withdraw from an important commission after an image she made of a hovering female avatar holding a sword and meant to suggest female resilience and potency was wrongly misinterpreted as conveying violence.

“After being censored, it is poetic justice that my work is now on top of a State Supreme Court building,” she said.

Justice Renwick said that seeing Sikander’s gleaming, golden sculpture when entering the courthouse amid the monochromatic ancient male lawgivers gave her a feeling of contentment and pride. “We finally have a figure who fully embraces women,” she said. “I cannot come into the courthouse without stepping back and looking up and smiling.”

Her smile may disappear when the patriarchy atop the courthouse returns to prominence after the sculpture channeling the “Notorious R.B.G.” is removed in June, when both of Sikander’s works travel to Houston.

@Maula Jatt @PakSarZameen47 @Menace2Society @Pakstallion @Vapnope @Bleek @Areesh @DESERT FIGHTER @Desert Fox 1 @N.Siddiqui @Norwegian @TNT @Imad.Khan @Dalit @ziaulislam @EternalMortal @lastofthepatriots @WarKa DaNG @Warking @Talwar e Pakistan @WinterFangs @kingQamaR @Menace2Society @Indus Pakistan @Ghazwa-e-Hind @Norwegian @PakFactor @akramishaqkhan @Zornix @pakpride00090 @Abid123 @Goritoes @SecularNationalist @PakistaniandProud @PAKISTANFOREVER @Dual Wielder @Great Janjua @ahaider97 @PakFactor @Sayfullah
@SaadH @villageidiot @Olympus81
@Mobius 1 @General Dong @Genghis khan1 @alphapak @RealNapster @Kharral @Mobius 1 @Goenitz @Muhammad Saftain Anjum
Reminds me of final monster in House of the dead video game

Magician_HoTD.jpeg

@_NOBODY_ you gave a like to the above person for insulting muslim ka'aba and for equating shivite religion with islam. is it because you are not a muslim (like myself) or is it a matter of cutting your nose to spite your face?

since the dude he is arguing with insulted you, you will go along with anything?

@_NOBODY_ you gave a like to the above person for insulting muslim ka'aba and for equating shivite religion with islam. is it because you are not a muslim (like myself) or is it a matter of cutting your nose to spite your face?

since the dude he is arguing with insulted you, you will go along with anything?
I don't care much about anyone's opinion. Giving thumbs up to one post only indicates that I like that particular post, that's it. I didn't give him any thumbs up for his post on the Ka'aba.

I never equated shivite religion with Islam. I just claimed one idol is no less an idol than another idol.

Idol A is as of concern to me as idol B is. That's all.

I also believe Islam agrees with me. End of.

Last edited:
He was nothing but a lapdog of the US. This hypocrite used to invite Bollywood actors and actresses to his home on his disabled daughter's wish while imposing the most radical version of Islam on his countrymen. Insah'Allah this fascist bastard will pay for all his crimes on the day of judgement.

He already did pay with his own life. Only too late. Had he been killed ten years earlier, Pakistan would be in a better state.

no one here gets as much abuse as I do but I do not even reply to them. look here:
- https://defence.pk/pdf/posts/11759991

- https://defence.pk/pdf/posts/14019868

these are kinda people who dare not say boo to a goose out side of cyberworld. they know it I know it that this here is their fantasy island

Okay but I never wrote anything that would make a true Muslim feel insulted. Do you worship the Kabaa?

No serious Muslim would criticize Shivites or any other idol worshiper while worshiping an idol themselves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom